Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 11:14 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Of course not. I said investigations take time. Don't you agree that some time has gone by since the hacking was first discovered? Try to follow along, Ivan!

There is still NO, and I repeat, NO proof that Putin is responsible for those leaks. Handing out sanctions and deports was on pure speculation and the emotional buddy system. We accuse a lot of countries of "spying" or "interference" yearly with absolutely NO PROOF. We shouldn't just slap sanctions around with no evidence. We are in the habit of cleaning up later. It's time we learn to not do it the first place.

Since when is uncovering the TRUTH spying? Interfering? In reality HIDING the TRUTH should be the issue were on, not uncovering the truth. But this country has managed to deal out punishment to another country for speculating they uncovered the truth about the liar in our election Hilary Clinton.

Weird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 11:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Trump could think about maybe having an Apartment for Putin, when he visits. The more time they spend together, the better off we all are,
YEAH! That apartment should be in the Gulag!

Trump may think he's a tough guy, he does after all compare his 'fight' to avoid getting the clap to service in Vietnam , but former KGB thug Putin will chew him up and spit him out like a day old chaw.

It's simply mind boggling to see those who allege Obama hates America getting all warm and fuzzy about the idea of Trump cozying up to a murderous scumbag who'd like nothing better than seeing America in flames.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:35 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Don't think for a second that all of these posters are American, or that they have any allegiance to this nation. The sad part is how easy they can manipulate people who are American to sell out their own country.
Right.

I did 10 years in the military, a good chunk of that deployed. Don't question my allegiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Except the C.I. frickin A is the ones who have concluded that Russians interfered in our elections.

You people would sell this country out in a New York second.
Except the C.I. frickin A. never said that. It was 1 unamed source in a news story that was supposedly CIA.

When asked to confirm it officially the CIA didn't.

I haven't seen any official statement by the CIA saying otherwise.

Does Russia hack stuff? Of course. Does China hack stuff? Of course. So does the US and any other country that want to be relevant on the international stage.

Where has there been any proof or even an official claim of proof that Russia hacked our election and altered votes or cast illegal votes? It doesn't exist.

Quote:
We did? Any proof of that? And if we did, do you think we would support Putin?

People should think before they post.
We have meddled in so many countries elections and even backed outright coups that your statement is sheer nonsense. Read a history book for proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
In global politics, perception is everything and Putin is a grand master at the game. In one fell swoop, he came across as the "good guy" by not taking the bait and further damaging American-Russian relations.
To other leaders, he came across as thoughtful and willing to not escalate the issue.
His reported diplomacy in Syria only adds to that image. He's establishing himself on the world scene as the leader of a sovereign nation with skills and forbearance. He's creating the image of being a mature leader other leaders can look up to.

Obama again came across as a petulant child.

Whether or not there was hacking, (the DNC fell for a phishing scheme not hacking), there is no evidence that Russia did or could manipulate vote counts, and the fact that more democrats lost across the board in federal, state and local elections only proves that unless Russia had completely infiltrated all our election systems including paper ballots, they couldn't have rigged the vote.

Obama is determined to try and undermine the incoming president at any cost and leave him with a bag of doo-doo to clean up.
It doesn't matter if it's Iran, Israel, Russia, China, Obama will do whatever it takes to sour our international relations to put Trump in a bad light and give him problems to deal with from day one.

Fortunately, most other world leaders are smarter than that and see the game, and are ignoring the little temper tantrums Obama is throwing.
Trump is already known on the world stage, and so is his cabinet. They're respected for their abilities and knowledge of foreign diplomacy from their business dealings.

Obama is just diminishing his legacy even further and showing him to be a completely ineffectual and childish person that just happens to have been elected President, and even after 8 years, he still has no diplomatic skills.
Our Allies and Enemies both know that Trump is nothing like Obama and they're willing to wait the 20+ days until he takes office.

Although, it appears that Trump is already the one international leaders will turn to even before he takes office.
This is the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Virtually every intelligence agency in the US agrees that the Russians did it.
Nope. Again. This is a common claim with zero proof once you start digging. Not even the CIA has released any official statement on it.

The Grizzly Steppe report put out by the FBI and DHS is a joke. It contains zero new information about anything and the entire report boils down to it concluding that 2 hacker groups used some old school exploits to hack into some systems. There is zero information about who these groups are or how they are connected to Russia. There is zero information about what was hacked dealing with the election. Its just a bunch of noise that was rushed out stuffed with some technical stuff so some people can wave it around and say Russia did it and here is a bunch of technical stuff that proves it. It actually does no such thing. I repeat. There is zero new information in this. Everything in it has been better documented long ago by civilian cyber security outfits.

Quote:
Bombing civilians 24/7 is not brokering a peace deal. Do you even know what the words mean???
You should get your facts straight. The US is the one arming the terrorists in Syria. Makes me sick to admit this. Terrorist are always the ones killing civilians or using them as shields resulting in their deaths. Virtually everything in the mainstream Western media about Syria (especially Aleppo) is straight out lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUhe87r5bEE

You can easily find the entire video of that woman utterly destroying the mainstream news narrative. I recommend you watch it.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:02 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Well , they certainly didn't have a hissy fit & expel anyone .
Actually they did throw such a hissy fit just six months ago and expelled some US diplomats.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Truly amazed at the level of outright denial that exists among the alt right Trumpsters on this forum. The heads of the intelligence agencies have come out and said it. The FBI has officially come out and said it. Every other intelligence agency that Congress funds with billions in dollars has confirmed the findings that the Russian Government hacked the 2016 election with the intent of damaging Hillary Clinton, yet these people dance around the truth right in front of their nose.
I swear that if they **** their pants and someone called them out on it, they'd swear it was chocolate and eat it, just to prove you wrong.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:20 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Right.

I did 10 years in the military, a good chunk of that deployed. Don't question my allegiance.

Except the C.I. frickin A. never said that. It was 1 unamed source in a news story that was supposedly CIA.

When asked to confirm it officially the CIA didn't.

I haven't seen any official statement by the CIA saying otherwise.

Does Russia hack stuff? Of course. Does China hack stuff? Of course. So does the US and any other country that want to be relevant on the international stage.

Where has there been any proof or even an official claim of proof that Russia hacked our election and altered votes or cast illegal votes? It doesn't exist.

We have meddled in so many countries elections and even backed outright coups that your statement is sheer nonsense. Read a history book for proof.

This is the truth

Nope. Again. This is a common claim with zero proof once you start digging. Not even the CIA has released any official statement on it.

The Grizzly Steppe report put out by the FBI and DHS is a joke. It contains zero new information about anything and the entire report boils down to it concluding that 2 hacker groups used some old school exploits to hack into some systems. There is zero information about who these groups are or how they are connected to Russia. There is zero information about what was hacked dealing with the election. Its just a bunch of noise that was rushed out stuffed with some technical stuff so some people can wave it around and say Russia did it and here is a bunch of technical stuff that proves it. It actually does no such thing. I repeat. There is zero new information in this. Everything in it has been better documented long ago by civilian cyber security outfits.

You should get your facts straight. The US is the one arming the terrorists in Syria. Makes me sick to admit this. Terrorist are always the ones killing civilians or using them as shields resulting in their deaths. Virtually everything in the mainstream Western media about Syria (especially Aleppo) is straight out lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUhe87r5bEE

You can easily find the entire video of that woman utterly destroying the mainstream news narrative. I recommend you watch it.
You are making way too much who sense for those who see the boogie man behind every news outlet or political viewpoint that doesn't fit their warped reality.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:33 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
CIA questions?? What makes this fight so tricky is that the CIA’s best evidence really might be information that it can’t release publicly without compromising valuable sources of future intelligence. That means the CIA needs to convince a skeptical public to accept its conclusions without sharing all of the information that led the intelligence agency to make those conclusions in the first place.http://www.vox.com/new-money/2016/12...russia-hacking

now for my one vet up there- who said not to question his alliance- The US and every other country does good and bad things alike -- yes none as prefect-- we KNOW that- BUT as a wife of a fallen soldier-- I'll be ##dang if I side with any other country but my own - that's just not happening To support some 4 yr president that will come and GO- who has money ties to Russia- and not wanting to throw them under the bus- that is BS

Old 12-30-2016, 12:40 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It is, isn't it?
When Romney called Russia a threat they were all over that bandwagon, chiding Obama for taking a more neutral approach which, of course, as president, he had to do.
Now their boy says Russia isn't a threat and voila, they're singing a completely different tune.
Just goes to show there is no critical thinking here, just a bunch of cattle following the bull.
A neutral approach?

Obama was offering Putin in private more flexibility after the 2012 election and blasting Romney for being clueless on Putin's intentions. That isn't neutral. The same posters that were out for blood against Romney for correctly calling out Putin are the same ones that now want vengeance for Putin allegedly exposing DNC corruption.

Now these Democrats are shaming people for wanting evidence before condemning Putin and saying that if what Putin did was so bad - why is it okay for Obama to do the same to other countries.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It sounds like Trump and Putin are already working together behind the scenes. Obama might as well start packing, if he hasn't already.
As they've likely been doing for years.
And you're just fine with it.

Replace Trump with Clinton and y'all would be accusing her of treason.

And people thought the Dixie Chicks were un-American.

Incredible.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:24 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A neutral approach?

Obama was offering Putin in private more flexibility after the 2012 election and blasting Romney for being clueless on Putin's intentions. That isn't neutral. The same posters that were out for blood against Romney for correctly calling out Putin are the same ones that now want vengeance for Putin allegedly exposing DNC corruption.

Now these Democrats are shaming people for wanting evidence before condemning Putin and saying that if what Putin did was so bad - why is it okay for Obama to do the same to other countries.
The big difference is that in 2012 Russia wasn't doing anything to us to be considered a threat. Most people would think the safer action is to not try to treat a neutral party as an enemy until they start behaving like an enemy.

Meanwhile, the ignorant Right's position is that when Russia is not a threat, we should treat them like a threat. When they start being a threat, then we should start reconciling and being friendly... Wtf is wrong w/ you, comrade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies