Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 09:39 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... lots of yapping that's led to Russia's economy crashing, having to commit ground troops in the ME to prop up his last puppet leader (actually Trump is being primped to join that list...), and sitting on the sidelines while the rest of the world decides their fate... How can Obama compete with that kind of leadership...
Puppet leader ? The democratically secular government of Syria is not a puppet government . The government of Afghanistan is puppet government , the Iraqi government is a puppet government ( that has Iranian influence) . Libya has puppet government gangs that run the country .

When will our realize that obama is just a soft spoken failure ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 10:02 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Obama will trash everything on his way out like a dissatisfied worker on the way out the door after being fired, taking down display racks and throwing merchandise in the isles then slamming the door behind him. Just making it a bit harder for the next guy on his way in to replace him.

That's the reason nobody is taking this seriously. It's an obvious meltdown. What happen to Mrs. Obamas advice? "When they go low, we go high." Looks like Putin paid attention. lol

This does make us look bad.
Its embarrassing. He should be ashamed of himself. I suspect that later, maybe in a few years, he will be.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You know there's a thing going on right now called the "Russian Financial Crisis" that's a direct result of the ruble dropping from the sanctions right?

I'm just confused how you don't think sanctions hitting their biggest export -- oil -- is not going to hurt their economy. Their biggest export is oil. They have sanctions on their oil industry. Do you really need me to walk you through how that leads to hurting Mother Russia's pocketbook, comrade?
The impact of sanctions is felt by poor civilians the most and not the intended party (Putin in this case).
Obama just hurt the civilians in and out of Russia with sanctions and deports, not Putin. He knows it. It was just a gesture of ill faith to the Russians on the way out. He's just taking the plumbing out of his rental as he leaves.

Meanwhile...."The Obama administration announced the additional easing of travel and export sanctions on Cuba Tuesday as part of President Obama's effort to normalize diplomatic relations with Havana." was the top Washington Times story in October. So in with Cuba, out with Russia.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:05 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Haha, he said Obama has a shallow intellect. I've been saying that for years.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Its embarrassing. He should be ashamed of himself. I suspect that later, maybe in a few years, he will be.
It's embarrassing indeed! Lucky we live in a country where we don't have to blindly follow idiots in Washington.
He will be gone soon and hopefully we can start fresh.

I'm crossing my fingers that Trump will stand by his words. We shouldn't be messing with other countries and we should stick to cleaning up our own mess right here at home.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Putin is beneath Obama's level.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
It's embarrassing indeed! Lucky we live in a country where we don't have to blindly follow idiots in Washington.
He will be gone soon and hopefully we can start fresh.

I'm crossing my fingers that Trump will stand by his words. We shouldn't be messing with other countries and we should stick to cleaning up our own mess right here at home.
That is not going to do much good. How can you place faith in a proven swindler and snake oil salesman? He has already shown everyone who he is. Simply astonishing!

Old 12-30-2016, 10:13 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That is not going to do much good. How can you place faith in a proven swindler and snake oil salesman? Simply astonishing!

A shared sentiment by over half the voters in this country.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:21 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,678,784 times
The deals in the bag between the Trumpster and Putin, Obama is out and the Don will now preside over US Russian relations. To what end we don't really know, but I'm assuming Trump smells MONEY in the process and Putin needs the US approval for his next foray into foreign policy, at the end of a gun. A match made in heaven, a strongman ex KGB psychopath, and a billionaire con man who uses people for his own enrichment.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That is not going to do much good. How can you place faith in a proven swindler and snake oil salesman? He has already shown everyone who he is. Simply astonishing!
I'll wait and see. I'm not one to predict the future based on emotional propaganda. The only way to tell who will make a good president is to wait until his presidency is over. All the speculation is just over emotional banter. I'll cross my fingers like I've done for years and hope for the best.

Obama has had his presidency and I can firmly say he was a divisive let down, an ongoing warrior and out of touch with middle America. Oh, and after this stunt, a sore loser who takes the low road when he's butt hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies