Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Outsmarted him so much that his economy is in the tank, had to commit ground troops to keep his last puppet regime alive, and has lost his info network in the US.
He is the 2nd largest exporter of Crude oil in the world. I doubt they are effected much by Sanctions. Russia is a very large country with a lot of energy and natural resources.

I find it funny that you say that their economy is in the Tank. Our Country is 20 trillion in debt. Russia stands at 9 billion... you tell us who is better off in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 09:07 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Obama will trash everything on his way out like a dissatisfied worker on the way out the door after being fired, taking down display racks and throwing merchandise in the isles then slamming the door behind him. Just making it a bit harder for the next guy on his way in to replace him.

That's the reason nobody is taking this seriously. It's an obvious meltdown. What happen to Mrs. Obamas advice? "When they go low, we go high." Looks like Putin paid attention. lol

This does make us look bad.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Obama will trash everything on his way out like a dissatisfied worker on the way out the door after being fired, taking down display racks and throwing merchandise in the isles then slamming the door behind him. Just making it a bit harder for the next guy on his way in to replace him.

That's the reason nobody is taking this seriously. It's an obvious meltdown. What happen to Mrs. Obamas advice? "When they go low, we go high." Looks like Putin paid attention. lol

This does make us look bad.
I would also compare it so someone foreclosing on their home . They are going to trash the place so the new owners will have a harder time fixing it up

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 12-30-2016 at 10:35 AM..

Old 12-30-2016, 09:09 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Putin is powerless against the US. They probably aren't even tracking our spies like we do to them. They wouldn't even know who to get rid of
So which is it, they're powerless against the US or they were able to determine who was elected president? The left can't have it both ways.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
well since our GDP is over 8X as large as Russia I'd take debt only 2X as large...but thanks for playing...
Multiply their debt by 8x then ... that's 72 billion ... still doesn't even compare lol

Old 12-30-2016, 09:11 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I agree. Putin has seemingly outsmarted Obama on everything on the world stage especially with the last brokered peace deal in Syria without the US help.

Indeed.

Putin has made Obama look like a little poodle. i.e. lots of yapping

Old 12-30-2016, 09:13 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Multiply their debt by 8x then ... that's 72 billion ... still doesn't even compare lol

you got me- I was wrong- read that too quickly - thought it said Trillion....

Old 12-30-2016, 09:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
He is the 2nd largest exporter of Crude oil in the world. I doubt they are effected much by Sanctions. Russia is a very large country with a lot of energy and natural resources.

I find it funny that you say that their economy is in the Tank. Our Country is 20 trillion in debt. Russia stands at 9 billion... you tell us who is better off in the future?
You know there's a thing going on right now called the "Russian Financial Crisis" that's a direct result of the ruble dropping from the sanctions right?

I'm just confused how you don't think sanctions hitting their biggest export -- oil -- is not going to hurt their economy. Their biggest export is oil. They have sanctions on their oil industry. Do you really need me to walk you through how that leads to hurting Mother Russia's pocketbook, comrade?

Old 12-30-2016, 09:14 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Putin is beneath Obama's level.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:19 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

Putin has made Obama look like a little poodle. i.e. lots of yapping
Lol... lots of yapping that's led to Russia's economy crashing, having to commit ground troops in the ME to prop up his last puppet leader (actually Trump is being primped to join that list...), and sitting on the sidelines while the rest of the world decides their fate... How can Obama compete with that kind of leadership...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies