Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 08:49 PM

632 posts, read 749,347 times

Advertisements

Paraphrasing Obama.....
"Liberals are welcome to come along on the ride with us, but they're going to have to sit in the back of the bus". Welcome to 2017. Please..... do live your worst personal nightmares, just as we had to for the past 8 years. I'm predicting a very long 4-8 years for some of you unhappy folk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Why are we posting threads from a coke addict that no doubt help fund the Mexican cartel?

Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Yet Bourdain slammed Americans who want to stop illegal immigration because it lines his pockets.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:22 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
I am also confused. I feel like we're on one of those TV shows where they jump out and say "you're on hidden camera!".

Who goes on a rant like that, sees it quoted back to you multiple times and then says "no, you did it! We're done here!"????
lol, yes....and keeps saying "we're done here", but keeps posting!

I hate long goodbye's.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
He could be reading word for word from one of Rush's transcripts. Of course, when Rush says it he is racist. When Bourdain says it, it is the truth.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Nope. No contempt at all. Just pretty sick and tired of this nation being dragged into the sewer by America's working class stupidity. How do I know? Because I grew up working class. Yep. Sorry to let you down, but I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about here. For the most part, America's working class are a bunch of angry, bitter, uneducated, and yep, often racist, people who think that by voting for rich, white, Wall Street thieves, life will somehow get better. Instead, they keep making things worse for themselves. Look at the Deep South: not one of those states actually works. They've been voting the GOP into office for decades, and they still have the worst educational rates, the worst pay, the worst . . . everything. Yet, somehow, this makes sense to them. Give me a break about "liberals" and "contempt for the working class." I grew up working class, and I know very, very well how they think and how they behave.
Wow, you're really extreme. I also grew up working class and these people are nothing like you describe.

I grew up in a small but nice well taken care of suburban home with manicured yard, non drinkers (well maybe on occasion like holidays), don't do drugs, kids well taken care of with loving parents (both), education important and good grades a must, xmas's were great, taught responsibility and never become dependent on government (earn our keep).

I'm not working class now but I certainly have more respect for people who are willing to work for what they need then someone who looks to a politician like Bernie Sanders to give them free lunch etc. Do you really think that disrespecting them will endear them to the Democratic or Liberal party?

Last edited by petch751; 12-30-2016 at 10:43 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
First of all, I don't "loathe" the working class. Like I said in my first post, not all working-class folks are ignorant or stupid.

Second, they were in the poor house and on food stamps way before Obama. You know how to not be poor and get off food stamps? Go to school and stop having babies. Wow, there's a thought. But wait, I guess that only applies if you're Black? Right-o.

But really, there's no point in going any further in this discussion. All of the responses so far have done an excellent job in proving my argument. So I think we're done here.
uhm... where are you getting these beliefs? You are not describing the working class. I believe you are describing the poor.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:16 PM

435 posts, read 431,370 times
Quote:
Nope. No contempt at all. Just pretty sick and tired of this nation being dragged into the sewer by America's working class stupidity. How do I know? Because I grew up working class. Yep. Sorry to let you down, but I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about here. For the most part, America's working class are a bunch of angry, bitter, uneducated, and yep, often racist, people who think that by voting for rich, white, Wall Street thieves, life will somehow get better. Instead, they keep making things worse for themselves. Look at the Deep South: not one of those states actually works. They've been voting the GOP into office for decades, and they still have the worst educational rates, the worst pay, the worst . . . everything. Yet, somehow, this makes sense to them. Give me a break about "liberals" and "contempt for the working class." I grew up working class, and I know very, very well how they think and how they behave.
Sorry OSH - the above statement is an example of what Tony was talking about. I know, I know you aren't a liberal -you are "left of liberal", whatever that is, but the basic premise still applies. I understand you are upset that Trump won but placing the blame on the stupidity of the working class (your words not mine) seems a bit limited in scope. It's like shouting at someone who is really hungry and only has a choice between eating pee or poo. "How stupid are you that you picked pee!" Person who is happy they didn't pick poo shrugs and say's "Well what did you want me to do!?!"

Back to Tony B - well I think he should reverse himself and agree to eat at one of Trump's restaurants. Maybe he can get an interview with Trump and he can demonstrate how not to show contempt and talk it out

Old 12-30-2016, 10:21 PM

1,156 posts, read 942,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsmallhome View Post
no liberal i know "mocks" or "treats with contempt" working class america. This is just another stupid anti-liberal meme making the rounds.
lol!

Old 12-30-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- If you are seriously asking that question, then you live a sheltered life. Try visiting AZ and FL --- there are many trailer parks that are for the 55+ community. If you were to drive through these communities, you will see that the homes and the property are well-maintained. My Dad, who has a professional degree and is a retired government employee, lived for a time in such a trailer park.

Then you go with that tired, despicable rant about how everybody who voted for Trump is "uneducated". You really don't get out much, do you? There are many of us who are college-educated and even some of us who are minorities that voted for Trump.
Quote:
I wasn't talking about that type of trailer park, and you know it.

Can't help it if you're college-educated, and a minority, and still voted for a dangerous sociopath.
Well BOS, we are in the same boat lol, I'm a college educated "woman" who voted for Trump, yep, right smack in the middle of blue dog EX Democrat, blue wall suburbia. How dare we not vote as we are told to vote! How dare we!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies