Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 05:52 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So give me examples of Trump taking tax money and redistributing it from the poor (who don't pay federal income taxes) to the rich (who do pay federal income taxes.)

Maybe you should wait until he's been president for a couple of years before you render your judgment.
Maybe we should PNATTMBTC? Pay No Attention To That Man Behind The Curtain!

Dorothy: Please, sir. We've done what you told us. We've brought you the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West. We melted her.

Wizard: Oh - you liquidated her, eh? Very resourceful!

Dorothy: Yes, sir. So we'd like you to keep your promise to us - if you please, sir.

Wizard: Not so fast! Not so fast! I'll have to give the matter a little thought! Go away and come back tomorrow!

Dorothy: Tomorrow! Oh, but I want to go home now!

Wizard: Do not arouse the wrath of the Great and Powerful Oz! I said come back tomorrow!

Dorothy: If you were really great and powerful, you'd keep your promises!

Wizard: Do you presume to criticize the Great Oz? You ungrateful creatures!

Think yourselves lucky that I'm giving you an audience tomorrow, instead of twenty years from now! Oh! The Great Oz has spoken!

Oh! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. The Great, Powerful

-- has spoken --

Dorothy: Who are you?

Wizard Well, I - I - I am the Great and Powerful - Wizard of Oz.

Dorothy: You are?

Wizard: Uh -

Dorothy: I don't believe you!

https://www.wendyswizardofoz.com/script13.htm

Cheers! Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 05:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Maybe because they want jobs?

The working class does not wish to be in the welfare class.
I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be rude but that makes zero sense and speaks to the ignorance of the electorate which voted for a man like Trump.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted for him.

I get a chuckle when I simply note the facts of the situation and I'm accused of supporting Trump.

Also, that is nothing more than a deflection. The (D)'s crapped their own bed.
I didn't accuse you of voting for Trump, did I?? Nor is it deflection because I wholeheartedly believe Sanders got ****ed over and that more dems should have protested what happened with the DNC.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Depends on what is included in that definition of 'support'. Progressives certainly want tax revenue from conservatives to help support the first one and the third one.
No, we want tax revenue from those who can afford to pay it. I don't care what letter is after their names. And yes, there are plenty of rich progressives that benefit from the current tax codes too.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:09 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I didn't accuse you of voting for Trump, did I?? Nor is it deflection because I wholeheartedly believe Sanders got ****ed over and that more dems should have protested what happened with the DNC.
So that is where you need to concentrate your efforts. You arent going to win by demeaning people.

The people who voted for Trump did not give us Trump. The politicians that have failed us gave us Trump.

I pointed out these failures for years and was mostly alone. (A few here were also doing so)

I have some friends that supported Obama but now also understand that Obama and the DNC gave us Trump. Trump will only get stronger if the (D)'s think they can win by demeaning people. They can not.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
No, we want tax revenue from those who can afford to pay it. I don't care what letter is after their names. And yes, there are plenty of rich progressives that benefit from the current tax codes too.
See, that's your problem.

You want to reach into other people's pockets.

Pay your own way.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Taxes were not the problem. The massive welfare programs for Wall Street were the problem. Give me $100 million and I won't have a real problem paying even 50% in taxes. I still got 50 million in free money.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
See, that's your problem.

You want to reach into other people's pockets.

Pay your own way.
As did Wall Street. They reached into the pockets of the middle class to the tune of trillions of dollars.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 AM

33,328 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
It was the Democrats who destroyed the economy by threatening to sue banks for "racism" and "red-lining" if they didn't make home loans to people who couldn't pay the money back.

Obama was among those Democrats leading the charge to destroy the economy when he worked as a lawyer for ACORN.

Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo ordered Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in subprime loans over a ten year period starting in 1999.

And it was Bill Clinton who deregulated the banks by signing the repeal of the Glass-Steagle Act.

When Bush tried to rein in Fannie and Freddy, Democrats like Maxine Waters screamed that the Republicans were "attacking poor people and minorities."
I wonder if Cuomo's opponent brought that up while Cuomo was running for Governor of New York.

If so, it obviously didn't matter enough.....he still got elected .

Last edited by RMESMH; 12-31-2016 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: CHANGED ONE WORD

Old 12-31-2016, 06:15 AM

33,573 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Definition of conservatives. Deplorables -Hillary definition. Obama, clings to their guns and religion. We see who has the hate and bias against conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies