Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 06:29 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,338,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The election came down to two people that were not going to change this. To say you do not understand one side has to be countered by also not understanding the other, especially when the other falsly claims to be against this.
That's actually a very good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So tell us how I reached into other people's pockets.

I can't wait to hear.
Do I really need to detail the litany of programs, services and departments run every day by tax dollars which benefit you and the rest of society? No, I don't think I do. You know damn well what I am talking about and are being purposefully obtuse. Go string someone else along. I'm not biting this morning.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
One alternative for liberals should have been to band together and rally against the DNC, demanding Sanders' nomination. All of us knew HRC was not a popular candidate and with the threat of Trump looming, we all should have been on our toes and we weren't.

As far as the middle finger, once its down, what's the point? Okay Trump supporters flipped off the country...but at what expense? This is the biggest problem I have with this entire election. So many Americans were so short sighted, they couldn't see past November 8. I wonder if the FU will have been worth it for his voters by the end of 2017.
Would things have been better if "Wall Street" Hillary had won?

We don't know what Trump is going to do (your claims that you do know are completely speculative.)

We do know what Hillary would have done. She would have done what her paymasters -- Wall Street -- wanted her to do.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, they were only able to do that by the very bi-partisan support of these programs.
Wrong.

When Bush tried to put an end to the nonsense, Republicans were accused by Democrats of "hating poor people and minorities."

Old 12-31-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Would things have been better if "Wall Street" Hillary had won?

We don't know what Trump is going to do (your claims that you do know are completely speculative.)

We do know what Hillary would have done. She would have done what her paymasters -- Wall Street -- wanted her to do.
Where did I say I knew what Trump is going to do? I'm speculating based on past and current behavior. Is Trump doing any different than what you've accused of HRC? Have you seen his cabinet picks? I mean really...

Old 12-31-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Do I really need to detail the litany of programs, services and departments run every day by tax dollars which benefit you and the rest of society? No, I don't think I do. You know damn well what I am talking about and are being purposefully obtuse. Go string someone else along. I'm not biting this morning.
Well, considering that I've paid millions of dollars in taxes, I would say that I've not only paid for myself but for a lot of other people as well.

Maybe that sounds like bragging, but you were the one who brought this up.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Well, considering that I've paid millions of dollars in taxes, I would say that I've not only paid for myself but for a lot of other people as well.

Maybe that sounds like bragging, but you were the one who brought this up.
That's very good. If I ever achieve that level of success, I'll always try to remember where I came from and how tax funded programs helped me.

Thank you.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Where did I say I knew what Trump is going to do? I'm speculating based on past and current behavior. Is Trump doing any different than what you've accused of HRC? Have you seen his cabinet picks? I mean really...
You have a great talent for contradicting yourself.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
You have a great talent for contradicting yourself.
Where is the contradiction?

Old 12-31-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
That's very good. If I ever achieve that level of success, I'll always try to remember where I came from and how tax funded programs helped me.

Thank you.
I paid the taxes that "helped me" -- and then some.

Now maybe you should start contributing to society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies