Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 09:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And when you've used up those credits what then? you are on your own? My Dads dialysis treatments 3X a week would burn through those credits in less than a month.
Well, then he dies.

The jobs aren't coming back. The Republican employment program is about reducing the unemployed population, those who spend too much on healthcare, and other undesirables.

Do you remember death panels? It's going to be a lot like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 09:53 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Well, then he dies.

The jobs aren't coming back. The Republican employment program is about reducing the unemployed population, those who spend too much on healthcare, and other undesirables.

Do you remember death panels? It's going to be a lot like that.
If this were true then they would be in favor of abortion and birth control.

I don't really understand how any thinking person votes for these people, but their voters are a proud and angry breed.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:56 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And when you've used up those credits what then? you are on your own? My Dads dialysis treatments 3X a week would burn through those credits in less than a month.
Let me guess, he voted for Trump didn't he?

Old 01-05-2017, 09:57 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
If this were true then they would be in favor of abortion and birth control.

I don't really understand how any thinking person votes for these people, but their voters are a proud and angry breed.
It makes more sense when you consider how much they support capital punishment.

I suspect they did not believe it was they who would be left to die.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:24 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You're right.

Let the good times roll.

So far we've seen an effort to get rid of the independent ethics committee, fund pork barrel earmarks, and pass a deficit budget that raises the national debt by $9.7 trillion.

And the week's not over.

I think what he was getting at (and I tend to agree) is the liberal movement took an astounding setback during the elections and we need to come to terms with that. The Republican party and it's winning candidate are now firmly in charge. Done is done.

As much as it pains me to know people will be hurt, the one thing I learned about the folks that let this happen is that no amount of reason, no irrefutable data, no simple human compassion is going to change their minds. The only thing that might give them pause to reflect is that empty feeling and fear that comes when they realize that they've made a monumentally poor decision and they too will suffer from it.

I'm starting to smell that fear. Earlier than expected.

Let it play out.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think what Metro was getting at (and I tend to agree) is the liberal movement took an astounding setback during the elections and we need to come to terms with that. The Republican party and it's winning candidate are now firmly in charge. Done is done.

As much as it pains me to know people will be hurt, the one thing I learned about the folks that let this happen is no amount of reason, no irrefutable data, no simple human compassion is going to change their minds. The only thing that might give them pause to reflect is that empty feeling and fear that comes when they realize that they've made a monumentally poor decision.

I'm starting to smell that fear. Earlier than expected.

Let it play out.
Those who voted to nominate Hillary allowed this to happen.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:30 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those who voted to nominate Hillary allowed this to happen.
There are very few, if any, heroes in how this all happened.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm all in on UHC. But the Republicans who run things now are clearly not going there. Repeal is the name of their game and it is going to have profound economic and political costs for them if they go through with it. They can repeal without the Dems, but replace will be impossible. Don't expect much help from Schumer unless the plan is something more UHC-like. Who knows, though? GOP passed Medicare Part D under considerable pressure from rising drug costs. Wouldn't it be the sweetest irony if they ended up replacing Obamacare with UHC?
Now that I could get on board with. And Republicans couldn't complain about it because they did it. Double awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Universal Health Care makes the most sense.

Would it work to let people buy into Medicare?

That system is all set up.
That's what Nancy Pelosi proposed and it could still be done. The system is already set up.

Last edited by Seacove; 01-05-2017 at 10:49 PM..

Old 01-05-2017, 10:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
There are very few, if any, heroes in how this all happened.
Sanders wins.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The ER doesn't ask for unaffordable co-pays and deductibles.
The ER charges tens times as much and goes after the patient via collections. If they cannot pay and many cannot, we the tax payers pay for them. And if we don't, the hospitals go bankrupt.

9 hospital bankruptcies so far in 2016
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies