Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 02:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
We have hundreds of millions of people in this country, we can't make a new law for every anecdotal problem that arises. There needs to be a substantial pattern to even consider making a law and for this issue there just is not. Plus, a man inside a women's bathroom is not inherently harmful, it is what he might do inside the bathroom that causes problems. Again not a fan of X leads to Y so ban X laws. Y is already illegal in this case, that is enough. The male in question should be in trouble for whatever predatory actions he took in the bathroom not the simple act of being present. If he had just barged in because he was about to crap himself and the men's was full, I don't think that should be a criminal offense.
Like I said, it wasn't a problem that we need laws for.

It was a non-problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 02:39 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Also, we already have laws covering indecent exposure, rape, murder, assault, peeping, kidnapping, sexual assault, and sexual harassment. I think that pretty much covers the gamut of nefarious activities a predator can get up to inside a bathroom.
Nope. Just "say" you're a girl and any male has free reign to enter girls'/women's restroom/locker/shower rooms to expose himself or engage in voyeurism, even in schools where minors are present. No proof required whatsoever.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:43 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
Why not? If some guy tells me he's a dog I believe him.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:44 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. Just "say" you're a girl and any male has free reign to enter girls'/women's restroom/locker/shower rooms to expose himself or engage in voyeurism, even in schools where minors are present. No proof required whatsoever.
Bull****. When you make bull**** hyperbolic arguments it just makes you look stupid. Clutch some more pearls, get the smelling salts, I'll pull up the fainting couch for ya cause that's a strong case of the vapors you got goin on.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:53 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Bull****. When you make bull**** hyperbolic arguments it just makes you look stupid. Clutch some more pearls, get the smelling salts, I'll pull up the fainting couch for ya cause that's a strong case of the vapors you got goin on.
I wonder if these people who are so fixed on voyeurism and the idea that now men dressed poorly as women will sneak into bathrooms to spy on and rape women are the ones we should actually be worrying about...

Old 01-09-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Bull****. When you make bull**** hyperbolic arguments it just makes you look stupid.
Read the Obama Admin "Dear Colleague" letter sent to every public school in the US. I posted the link. No proof required whatsoever. This is all just based on "say so" only.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:38 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read the Obama Admin "Dear Colleague" letter sent to every public school in the US. I posted the link. No proof required whatsoever. This is all just based on "say so" only.
Did Obama's letter change human nature? Cause if it didn't - good luck finding straight high school boys that want to dress up like women and lurk around in the ladies restrooms leering at them and taking their dicks out, in the process ruining their reputation at school and potentially getting into legal trouble as soon as anyone starts asking any questions about them being trans to any of the people they have known their whole life. The social pressure is enough to keep people in line the same way it always has been. It is simply not a problem that ever has or will occur on a large scale, excluding a paltry handful of anecdotes. And with hundreds of millions of people interacting with each other billions of times per day, you could find anecdotes to support literally anything.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Did Obama's letter change human nature? Cause if it didn't - good luck finding straight high school boys that want to dress up like women and lurk around in the ladies restrooms leering at them and taking their dicks out, in the process ruining their reputation at school and potentially getting into legal trouble as soon as anyone starts asking any questions about them being trans to any of the people they have known their whole life. The social pressure is enough to keep people in line the same way it always has been. It is simply not a problem that ever has or will occur on a large scale, excluding a paltry handful of anecdotes. And with hundreds of millions of people interacting with each other billions of times per day, you could find anecdotes to support literally anything.
LOLing at you thinking a male has to be a cross dresser to claim to be a transgender "girl." You have no clue. /SMH

Old 01-09-2017, 04:59 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
In this Trump Era, the correct thing to do will be to grope anyone claiming to be a female to make sure they are not lying.
"Donald J. Trump said Thursday that transgender people should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they feel most comfortable with — including at Trump Tower in New York."http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/21/donald-trump-says-transgender-people-should-use-the-bathroom-they-want/

Actually, Trump doesn't seem to get involved with personal b.s. Nor does he care about what transgenders do. I doubt he'll be giving any advice but the following I quoted.

I realize this surprises all those who want to blame everything and anything on Trump but just ignore this and continue if you do that. After all, he's sort of the main blame meme.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
It is simply not a problem that ever has or will occur on a large scale, excluding a paltry handful of anecdotes.
And yet the Obama Admin considered it a frequent enough occurrence that it was necessary to send a "Dear Colleague" letter to every public school in the country telling them that they must let students use the locker/shower room of the student's choice regardless of their actual physical anatomy, no questions asked, or lose federal funding.

Ponder that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies