Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 02:05 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
The part where you use an isolated anecdote based on a private organizations short sighted bathroom policy to advocate for more freedom destroying laws based on the X leads to Y principle when X is not innately harmful and Y is already illegal. The part where you want a nanny state passing un-enforceable laws on bathrooms to protect people from a phantom threat that just doesn't exist on any kind of statistically relevant level, except maybe inside your own mind. Those are the parts that are bullcrap.

Go try to look up how many laws there are in the US - I did, no one knows the answer: Why? Because of crap laws like this and the nannystaters like yourself who promote them. I bet you even think you are a small government conservative. LOL
Perhaps you should reread the article. The organization instead of being able to make their own rules, have had to follow, and even enforce, "nanny-state" laws enacted to force the majority of private citizens to accept circumstance contrary to their natural inclinations to accommodate a very small minority of the population.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:41 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
The whole concept of "gender identity" (i.e. Sex Change politics) is indecent, obscene and depraved. It's a celebration of wanton degeneracy and a greasy, ass-smelling, microbe-laden middle finger in the face of nature.
The people who are the most obsessed with this gender stuff...the ones who relentlessly speak out against it, are usually transgender people in deep denial about who they are deep down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 02:43 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Take this person for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd3b3b8T2mQ

He, (and I will call him he) obviously seems to feel like being a woman, but assuming you believe it's really a legitimate thing, what is the difference between someone who should be considered transgendered and someone that just has other issues?

If, say, a guy such as in the aforementioned video who does a few things to look for like a woman and says they are a woman but is CLEARLY of the male sex albeit with no hormone replacements or what have you say they are female should we just go along with it? Should they have to do everything possible converting one's sex before they should be calling them what they say they are, or somewhere inbetween?

I may get some flack for this, but as a woman I know I would never accept at least what that person above a woman, no matter how much he may view himself female.
What does it matter to you?

How are this person's life choices and identity harming you in any way?

Old 10-01-2017, 09:28 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
What does it matter to you?

How are this person's life choices and identity harming you in any way?
I think the people who are anti-transgender think that either A) it's a choice that they can just snap out of B) it's not a choice, but with therapy, they can be cured or C) it's not a choice, can't be cured, so any afflicted individual should commit suicide so they don't impose on society 😒😟

Old 10-01-2017, 04:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
It's definitely a mental illness. Chromosomes are chromosomes, hormone profiles are hormone profiles, and gender specific genitalia are as much. Stating that these people should be treated as if they don't have a mental illness that shouldn't be curable, and worse pressing for normalization of this mental illness among children, is the issue.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:17 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
It's definitely a mental illness. Chromosomes are chromosomes, hormone profiles are hormone profiles, and gender specific genitalia are as much. Stating that these people should be treated as if they don't have a mental illness that shouldn't be curable, and worse pressing for normalization of this mental illness among children, is the issue.
What do you propose for that group of people who have Y chromosomes and testes but look like women? They develop breasts and have vaginas. It's called testicular feminization syndrome. Do you insist that they are men and should dress and act like men?

What proof do you have that people with gender identities different from what you believe are "normal" are mentally ill and not under the influence of physiologic processes that make them identify with a gender that is not identical to their biologic sex?

No one is "pressing" children to be unhappy with their biologic sex. For those who are unhappy, no reputable doctor would do anything permanent until the patient is old enough to know whether the desire to live as the "opposite" sex is permanent. For young children, it's as simple as allowing them to dress, wear their hair, play with toys, and engage in activities that correspond to their desired identity. Medication may be used to delay puberty; the effects are temporary and if, as sometimes is the case, the identity shifts to conform to biologic sex, all that needs to be done is stop the medication and let puberty proceed. Full hormone therapy and surgery (which not all trans persons want) should be withheld until the patient is old enough to consent for himself or herself.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
One cannot change one's sex.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:26 PM

10,465 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
No.

You are personally authorized by the incoming Trump administration to stick your hands down anyone's pants, feel around, and stare at them in the face until you make your determination of their gender for them.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:32 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
One cannot change one's sex.
Sex and gender are not the same things.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
No. I don't care about anyone's sexual orientation but this guy doesn't have the right to call himself a woman and have society or the law enforce it. I care because I'm an actual woman and that word means something.

I'll just keep repeating this every couple months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies