Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM

979 posts, read 490,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
So basically you have conservatives deciding what should be built in the city. Got it.
Huh? What does this have to do with conservatives? Not really sure what you got from what I said since your post has nothing to do with what I even said.....strange....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Huh? What does this have to do with conservatives? Not really sure what you got from what I said since your post has nothing to do with what I even said.....strange....
I think you know where I'm getting at.

Single family neighborhoods that only want single family housing sounds pretty conservative to me. Which in turn means you have conservatives deciding what should be in the area.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I think you know where I'm getting at.

Single family neighborhoods that only want single family housing sounds pretty conservative to me. Which in turn means you have conservatives deciding what should be in the area.
People wanting single family home neighborhoods to stay single family home neighborhoods isn't really a conservative vs liberal kind of thing. Not everything can be done as black and white. Though even with the amount of single family neighborhoods in Seattle, the light rail runs through neighborhoods that do allow for denser development, so there is still plenty of room to grow, it just takes time to make it happen.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
People wanting single family home neighborhoods to stay single family home neighborhoods isn't really a conservative vs liberal kind of thing. Not everything can be done as black and white. Though even with the amount of single family neighborhoods in Seattle, the light rail runs through neighborhoods that do allow for denser development, so there is still plenty of room to grow, it just takes time to make it happen.
Some would disagree. Keeping such an area only for single-family homes breeds power, privilege and snobbery. It's a joke to call that city liberal if it means redeveloping an area and pricing out the long-time folks who live there.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Another left wing fake news article.
they are proud of a 15.00$$$Happy meal.

Where is the real industry?

Real jobs mean real wages.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Some would disagree. Keeping such an area only for single-family homes breeds power, privilege and snobbery. It's a joke to call that city liberal if it means redeveloping an area and pricing out the long-time folks who live there.
Um, that would be factually incorrect of you then, I never said all of Seattle was single family homes. There is plenty of areas of Seattle that are able to be developed to a much denser city, and is doing so, it just takes time to make it happen.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
they are proud of a 15.00$$$Happy meal.

Where is the real industry?

Real jobs mean real wages.
You do realize Seattle is a major city that is full of high paying jobs, right? It is a major tech and shipping city.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Um, that would be factually incorrect of you then, I never said all of Seattle was single family homes. There is plenty of areas of Seattle that are able to be developed to a much denser city, and is doing so, it just takes time to make it happen.
Will they build more towers like in NYC?

Old 01-12-2017, 08:39 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yep. The law has not yet taken effect. And as for the rest, read the Thread Title.

You fail as badly as the OP.
No. The article is countering arguments that jobs would already by disappearing in anticipation. They're not.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:45 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,965,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Another left wing fake news article.
Is Fake now one of the 17 knee-jerk words in the rightwing vocabulary?

You are great at charging Fake, but you NEVER provide a counter source to prove your charge.

Prove this article is Fake, without citing the radical Breitbart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies