Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 04:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It appears you think that if we make poverty an even worse experience, people will finally stop being poor. That's not how it works.
True. Most people are poor because they are unintelligent. Having more kids than are affordable is evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 04:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Please do go to a vet on foods stamps and tell it to his face OK please - Where do you people come from?? During the dust bowl years every farmer was on welfare-- if it were not so-- many some of you would not be here today spouting stupid stuff
Veterans, physically disabled and our senior citizens deserve a wonderful safety-net. It is sad that the safety net for them is crumbling, because these poor women like to have 3 to 5 kids.

Seniors who can't walk are left in filthy wheelchairs and no housing as the section 8 welfare queens eat steak, lobster, have baby after baby and have so much money left over that they can money on heroin, meth and alcohol.

Our veterans deserve nice houses, world-class healthcare and the best food and services the country can provide and they could have it if the safety-net was shifted from these poor women with 5 kids to America's patriots!

The safety-net for poor women with kids now is equal to 75,000 a year job in many cities today. Lots of that money goes to heroin, alcohol and gross food that makes this the most unhealthy generation in American history.

I think they need to eliminate the safety-net to poor families with kids and each of those dollars saved should go to out veterans, seniors and physically disabled.

For each poor families with multiple children on section eight vouchers, there could easily be 5 veterans housed.

They need to make having children when poor miserable. If they make it miserable enough then less poor children from low IQ mothers will be born and crime rates will tumble and infrastructure can be funded in full and taxes can be cut.

The only way they can send a clear message that one shouldn't have babies when poor, with a low IQ is to put them behind bars.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-11-2017 at 04:23 PM..

Old 01-11-2017, 04:16 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,298,702 times
Jonathan Swift has a Modest Proposal that you may find attractive.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:23 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Really? I think Ben Franklin disagrees, and I think he is right.

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
When observing Brazilian favelas or Calcutta slums, I am not sure I see any evidence to support that assertion.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:28 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Veterans, physically disabled and our senior citizens deserve a wonderful safety-net. It is sad that the safety net for them is crumbling, because these poor women like to have 3 to 5 kids.

Seniors who can't walk are left in filthy wheelchairs and no housing as the section 8 welfare queens eat steak, lobster, have baby after baby and have so much money left over that they can money on heroin, meth and alcohol.

Our veterans deserve nice houses, world-class healthcare and the best food and services the country can provide and they could have it if the safety-net was shifted from these poor women with 5 kids to America's patriots!

The safety-net for poor women with kids now is equal to 75,000 a year job in many cities today. Lots of that money goes to heroin, alcohol and gross food that makes this the most unhealthy generation in American history.

I think they need to eliminate the safety-net to poor families with kids and each of those dollars saved should go to out veterans, seniors and physically disabled.

For each poor families with multiple children on section eight vouchers, there could easily be 5 veterans housed.

They need to make having children when poor miserable. If they make it miserable enough then less poor children from low IQ mothers will be born and crime rates will tumble and infrastructure can be funded in full and taxes can be cut.

The only way they can send a clear message that one shouldn't have babies when poor, with a low IQ is to put them behind bars.

how about just give them education and JOBS-- most of America is now single-parent raised - in all economic areas- poor excuses for men- so let get OFF the women and see where the fellas are ? hmm

Old 01-11-2017, 04:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
True. Most people are poor because they are unintelligent. Having more kids than are affordable is evidence.
Having a child is a sign of not being intelligent but I digress.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
how about just give them education and JOBS-- most of America is now single-parent raised - in all economic areas- poor excuses for men- so let get OFF the women and see where the fellas are ? hmm
These poor, women who have multiple kids don't want jobs. The government gives them what they want with section 8, EBT and other luxuries from the tax payers.

I have worked at call-centers in the past and many of these poor women with multiple kids show up to their jobs with a massive attitude and yell at the customers.

I worked as a cashier in a grocery store many years ago and alot of these women with 3 to 5 kids who showed up to work a few months to increase their WOTC welfare credit constantly had viruses, spreading viruses to the customers. Many of those customers were senior citizens also.

I have lived in poor neighborhoods before myself and I work in a poor neighborhood now. Luckily, in the evening I get to go back and not be around that culture.

These poor families are laughing at the government for giving them so much money. These poor, low IQ women having multiple babies love having the babies and sending the middle-class hard workers pay the bill.

These women act like princesses and love entrapping heroin-addict and parolee men into pregnancy. The men many of which are parolee's with a heroin sweet-tooth move in with these low-IQ princesses and get pregnant once again.

These poor, low-IQ women who never work but just eat loads of steak, lobster, artisan bakery treats tend to have waiting lists for men. The reason why they have waiting lists for men is because they offer Section 8 vouchers, massive amounts of EBT enough for the expensive and decadent food and the women also get cold, hard cash from the state much of which goes to drugs and alcohol for the men in their lives

They play the middle-class, manipulate the middle-class with fake news about how they are struggling when they are getting $2,500 section 8 vouchers, $1,000 or more in EBT and they get to have babies in luxury maternity suites for free.

It is a game for these women, many of them have baby after baby while living in luxury, section 8 housing and then they create a crisis when they are attracted to a man so the state has to take custody. Then they get pregnant again.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-11-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 01-11-2017, 04:56 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Surely you jest.

If one is unfortunate enough to be born to low income parents, they should be removed from their homes and forced to work as child slave laborers on farms? Alright, I'll bite.

At what age does this begin? What becomes of them until then? Where are they housed? Do they attend school? Who cares for the tens of millions?

Incarcerated parents get to visit their offspring and get a discount on veggies? Where do they get the funding to buy the discounted veggies?

Only a small portion of the US is conducive to a year round farming season. In my neck of the woods, it would be limited to 3-4 months. What about the rest of the year?

They could transfer to Louisiana and cut sugar cane.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:57 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Rather then spending so much more on all these welfare benefits why just throw parents in jail who can't provide for their children?

The parents who can't provide and have alienated their social networks because of wreckless behavior should in silver-colored handcuffs and not getting gold-plated welfare benefits.

So many low-IQ people who can't care for themselves, let alone a small army of children are having baby after baby because they get a luxury lifestyle, thanks to middle-class hard workers paychecks.

The perfect solution to parents who don't feed their children and have a healthy, nice home for their children in my opinion is silver handcuffs for the parents.

The perfect solution to heroin crisis and children being born on heroin and to throw heroin women behind bars and throw away the key. They will have 5 to 6 kids if they aren't imprisoned after 1st heroin baby they have.

So many poor, unfit parents have 5 or 6 kids because they aren't imprisoned after having 1 kid.
You're an idiot if you believe welfare provides a luxurious life style. The debate ends here. If this forum was concerned with political discourse, not the usual discourse we get here, this thread would be closed and your IP banned.

Let me ask you this, how do you criminalize this without accidentally allowing upper and middle class families who occasionally mess up (middle class income can provide a nice home; what happens when disaster strikes and a middle class family is out of a job with school to pay for?). Do you have income be a part of the crime, essentially targeting a social class?

Since I already called out your intelligence once, there's no harm in doing it again. People who resort to "make it illegal" are generally less intelligent as they default to authoritarian principles, principles they'd likely disagree with when it comes to what effects them, making them hypocrites (and as a rule, hypocrites are stupid). This "perfect solution" as you call it is more a cop-out, showing the inability to think critically about what causes these problems and how those can be addressed. By the way, this is not even a solution, let alone a perfect one. If you started arresting parents who can't take care of the kids, you have to do something with the kids. Orphanages will take them, but as it, many kids never get adopted and grow out of the system, causing the cycle to continue. Calling this a solution suggests you've not spent anytime thinking about it, which is another reason why this thread should be closed and your IP banned from this website.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Why bother with jail for poor people, just haul them out back and shoot them. Then when their kids that are raised by the government are poor also, we can shoot them too. Better yet, we can just check the financial status of all pregnant women. If their income isn't high enough we shoot them killing two birds with one bullet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies