Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:13 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If the of his plan is HSA's and Tort reform we are in very big trouble, he did say he wanted to keep preexisting conditions so how is he funding that. Certainly not HSA's.
It could be. His reasoning may be that if you can not afford the large premium for pre-existing condition, your HSA account will reduce the deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 11:17 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
do you know any other lines? I mean come on. In fact I would tell you how many times, but apparently city datas search function is down for maintenance.

its old, and adds nothing to the conversation. Why dont you try that for a change? You know...in a discussion forum, you could...discuss things. Crazy huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Uh, maybe they are still putting it together?
Maybe they are planning to, you know, actually read the bill before they vote on it?
You know, the opposite of what Obamacare was....
To refresh your memory....

"You have vote for the bill to know what is really in it"..... Nancy Pelosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not sure what you are rambling about but the bottom line is that Pelosi did INDEED say that very sentence and the democrats did INDEED force Obamacare through Congress with very little thought and with no compromising. They OWN Obamacare, and Obamacare is going away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Same reason Democrats never allowed Republicans to read their plans before voting on it... remember Pelosi? The plan is finished and no details will be leaked...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.

As ACA was entering the final stretch, opponents were rattling on how ACA was all about "death panels," abortions, being a "job-killer," ... yada, yada, yada.

The Senate had not yet passed a bill, and until they produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up, debated, and reconciled with the bill passed by the House, the process was at a standstill.

Pelosi pointed out that the Senate would need to actually vote for a bill so that everyone could see what was included in their version and what was not.

Just to be clear, Pelosi was talking about the initial Senate version of the bill and how it was all pure speculation at that point. No one knew what the Senate bill would actually contain until the Senate actually voted on it.

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm willing to repeat it as often as necessary.
No matter how you people slice or dice it, it still was said and the context was the bill for Obamacare. And the bill never had any bipartisan input and was passed in the dead of night. Don't forget the words of the guy who essentially wrote the bill, "American's are so stupid......"(not verbatim)

Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amspeed17 View Post
You've got to be kidding.

Many were so shocked they couldn't even believe it. Trump often went after women who he had power over--like the beauty contestants. What exactly did you expect them to do?

And not screaming, calling 911, finding the nearest cop, or suing does in no way shape or form means "let" or "you have my permission."

He didn't ask permission, so how could they "let" him do anything? Do you honestly believe he said to strangers "may I grab your genitals?" and they "let" him?
Have you ever made out with a woman for the first time?

Old 01-17-2017, 12:05 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Because there are lots of plans out there, and they have not had the debates and discussions to pick one version yet.

I think you are confusing them with the Democrats, who meet behind closed doors,with special interest groups and lobbyists who write the plan the dems are then supposed to pass.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:17 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.

As ACA was entering the final stretch, opponents were rattling on how ACA was all about "death panels," abortions, being a "job-killer," ... yada, yada, yada.

The Senate had not yet passed a bill, and until they produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up, debated, and reconciled with the bill passed by the House, the process was at a standstill.

Pelosi pointed out that the Senate would need to actually vote for a bill so that everyone could see what was included in their version and what was not.

Just to be clear, Pelosi was talking about the initial Senate version of the bill and how it was all pure speculation at that point. No one knew what the Senate bill would actually contain until the Senate actually voted on it.

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm willing to repeat it as often as necessary.
Don't expect Trumpettes to understand anything more than a tweet or the talking points that comes from the commentators at FOX.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:06 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Donald Trump has stated that his plan would cover everybody and that it would save Americans money. He has placed his reputation on the line and his plan will be announced very soon he also stated. It would be a very bad start for the new administration to not deliver.

How many years did we wait for a plan that Obama pushed and nobody read? I do hope that Trump's plan is simple compared to the ACA - I hope that our legislators and citizens actually have a chance to read and understand what they are signing up for.

Last edited by fisheye; 01-17-2017 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-17-2017, 01:09 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Cause the GOP is currently filling the role of the dog that finally caught the car....

Old 01-17-2017, 01:33 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Interestingly enough, maternity care is included in my currently way too expensive health insurance, but even though I'm a 53 yr old male....
ED medication is NOT covered.

So, you might want to do a reality check..
Reality check already done.... my health insurance provides a benefit for ED medications. Too bad yours doesn't.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:40 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes. You did.

He said "when you're famous, women LET you grab them by the *****".

If a woman "lets" you, for ANY reason, then that is by definition giving permission.
Oh, FatBob, FatBob. Though you may believe that using your power of being famous, or being her boss or holding a knife to her throat, or .... allows you to grab women based on the flimsy excuse that she "let" you, the courts, alas, see this in a different light.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:43 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" hint: the election is over.."

You should tell THAT to all your buddies on here who haven't STOPPED whining and complaining since the election.

While you area at it send Lewis a memo.

"even though mr stinky fingers grab-em is going to be the embarrassment-in-chief for a while."

No more so then you with this comment.

Isn't it funny, he is being "trashed" for using locker room talk by people like YOU USING LOCKER ROOM TALK!

Oh, the hypocrisy!
O.I.C... 'hypocrisy' is the new keyword for trumpissts to diss everyone. Yay!

Glad to know that those who pay attention to what is going on with the transition, and wish to discuss the implications are simply "whining and complaining". It must really be difficult for y'all to understand - those who are concerned about the future administration... are not whining. Those who are whining and complaining about that concern... are whining.

And, exactly what part of "mr stinky fingers grab-em" is locker room talk? I thought it was very descriptive of the situation, while avoiding the more obvious locker room banter "grab 'em by the p****y" that was uttered by the PE embarrassment-in-chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies