Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times

Advertisements

Then why was the plan presented to every Democrat that stood up during the debate before the vote on ending Obamacare, that was shouting there is no plan? That lady stood up and said, "here is the plan" holding up papers about 20 times, after Democrats spoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 06:26 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,130,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
I'll make some calls tomorrow and have someone give you the details.
I'm sure they would be tickled to assist an expert in the medical field and supporter of President Trump such as yourself.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:26 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,738,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
What stopped the libs from showing us what was in the original ACA?

Some of us would have liked to see what was in 0bamacare before it was shoved down our throat. That alone makes it fair game for immediate and total repeal, with extreme prejudice.......

Perhaps your question would be best asked of Nancy Pukosi ("k" to replace the "l" intentional, BTW)

CN

Old 01-15-2017, 06:28 AM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Through an employer like tens of millions of other Americans. It is how our nation subsidizes health care for most of us.
Overall, only about half of Americans receive employer-sponsored health insurance. The rest are covered through Medicaid, Medicare, self-paid plans, or uninsured.

Middle and low-income workers are less likely to be covered than than higher-paid employees.

There has been a downward trend in companies offering middle and low-income workers health insurance benefits. This has been going since way before ACA and was one of the reason for including this mandate for full-time employees of firms of a certain size.

Employers have been getting around this by keeping employee hours under the full-time level and by dividing their company into two parts and treating full-time employees as two part-time employees of two different companies.

Had lunch this week with a woman whose husband's employer did just that. He gets two W-2s and no health insurance. But then, his company never has offered health insurance to employees other than the top level managers.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:31 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,962,631 times
Quote:
"You have vote for the bill to know what is really in it"..... Nancy Pelosi
End/Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:34 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,629,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
End/Thread

I thought conservatives were against that thought process. I want universal coverage and I thought that was dumb for Pelosi to say or think.

Are you conservatives saying it was not wrong or are you saying when the R's are in charge you support them blindly?

Old 01-15-2017, 06:36 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,962,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I thought conservatives were against that thought process. I want universal coverage and I thought that was dumb for Pelosi to say or think.

Are you conservatives saying it was not wrong or are you saying when the R's are in charge you support them blindly?
For the love of God, the guy hasn't even taken office yet, give them time to get the plan finalized. You'll get the details. Were you this angry when the Left completely kept everyone in the dark about Obamacare?

Get a grip.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:38 AM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
You actually expect them to comprehend something longer than what can be seen on a bumper sticker?
I do what I can.

When you read Pelosi's full statement and recognize when she said it, it's obvious to anyone with two wits to rub together that she was responding to all the scare tactics being thrown out ("death panels," etc.), and clear that she was saying we won't know what is in the Senate's bill until they actually decide on what will be in the bill and vote on it.

The final bill to be voted was waiting on what was in the Senate's initial version.

I try to clear up this "misunderstanding" every time I run across it.

I hope others will as well.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-15-2017 at 06:46 AM..

Old 01-15-2017, 06:40 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,638,883 times
I hope you people who depend on Obamacare or Medicaid are paying attention. Republicans just got in office and their sights are on the middle class and poor. You don't see them fooling with corporate welfare do you? Wake up! Don't watch Republican news either. (FOX)

Old 01-15-2017, 06:42 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,638,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
For the love of God, the guy hasn't even taken office yet, give them time to get the plan finalized. You'll get the details. Were you this angry when the Left completely kept everyone in the dark about Obamacare?

Get a grip.
Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a replacement. Where is it? Oh, that's right they were too busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies