Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 08:44 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,764,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let me bring you into the 21st century, AABear. Women are now soldiers and in law enforcement, just like we men are. They put their lives on the line every day, for you and for me.

And, no, I grew up in a 50's mentality house where dad ruled the roost and mom was second fiddle. However, I was smart enough to not fall into that mindset and I also realized that she was really the strong one in the family. He may have huffed and puffed and thought he was stronger, but she was truly the one who kept our family running smoothly, and she survived long after he died.

Your post is so antiquated and self promoting that it shows me why you think Trump is a fine example of manhood. Birds of a feather and all that sort of stuff.
Don, we all know that that it's the men who do the bull work in law enforcement and the military. Also it's men who do the vast majority of the sh1tty jobs here that make this country run.

Anitiquated and self promoting I don't think so...I'm more deplorable...and proud of it...

Old 01-21-2017, 08:45 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Women are marching not only in D.C. but around the entire world. Trump is universally despised.

Thousands attend Women's March around the world after Trump's inauguration

Old 01-21-2017, 08:46 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,659,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?
Great post. I agree. All I can think is why waste your time with this? From a logical standpoint, it changes nothing whatsoever. People should stop being victims and do something with their lives if they don't like the way things are.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:47 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,513,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
It's a total mystery to me just exactly what these women are doing. Perhaps they should use their time more productively, so they can accomplish their goals.
Many of them work and have good jobs and are productive and accomplishing goals. They aren't marching because they are losers.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:47 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,962,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
but we watchdogs are not about to let that happen.......not on our watch !
Wow! Look out world! LOL

Old 01-21-2017, 08:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Women's march: Protesters rally worldwide in solidarity with Washington event - CNNPolitics.com

This is such a wonderful sight. Hundreds of thousands of women are marching against the misogynist President who just won an election and was inaugurated, even though his female opponent had 3 million more votes than he did.

And when you tally up the women all over the world the numbers are in the millions. Strong, passionate, educated women standing shoulder to shoulder in opposition to him all over the world. From Washington D.C. to Chicago to L.A., to Africa, Australia and across Europe, women are standing together and speaking out.

This makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be a human being. Thank you ladies, I hear you all.

So what? We'll add this to the list of protests that in 6 months will mean...... NOTHING...

Old 01-21-2017, 08:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Chicago is expecting more than 50,000 women.

It's highly organized and permitted, with defined start and end times.

Capacity on suburban and city transportation has been increased to accommodate.

A group from my neighborhood, who voted for Trump, left early this morning.

19,719 posts, read 16,872,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I don't get this Womens march. I'm a woman, have my own business, worked hard to accomplish this, and men are not my enemy, nor my competition. It's a total mystery to me just exactly what these women are doing. Perhaps they should use their time more productively, so they can accomplish their goals.

It has nothing to do with these women not liking men and has everything to do with them not liking THIS ONE MAN. I feel they are not only raising their opposition to him as a despicable human being, but also because of what they feel he will do to damage our country.

These women are not attacking men at all........some were on the radio the other day on NPR, and their concerns are no different than the concerns a lot of us men have. This march, and the protests in many towns, is simply their way of showing they are not in acceptance of anything that is going to harm us as a country. They are good Americans, standing up for America.

Hope that clears up the "mystery".

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Are you little minds sure that this march isn't protesting ole Billy Clinton and not Sir Donald ? After all, HE'S the guy that molested all those women.
No, he had consensual sex with them ,big difference.

16,376 posts, read 22,513,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
we all know that that it's the men who do the bull work in law enforcement and the military. Also it's men who do the vast majority of the sh1tty jobs here that make this country run.

Anitiquated and self promoting I don't think so...I'm more deplorable...and proud of it...
^^This is part of the reason the women are marching today. ^^^ This mindset has been awakened and emoldened with this election...to the point that there is pride in such mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies