Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 02:21 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times

Advertisements

The question asked in this thread's title could have easily been "Why are the conservatives so nasty when they win?"

Were things all sweetness and light after election day, 2000?
Nope. The election was contested for over a month before we even knew who was the winner. I don't remember everyone clasping each other like brothers and sisters afterward.

Or 2004? Or 2008? Or 2012? Were we all singing Auld Lang Syne around campfires after those elections, letting bygones be bygones?

Why, all of a sudden, do you expect things to be different now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
remember many of the liberals protesting are young people who feel entitled and feel they should get their way no matter what.

the protests are temper tantrums. No different than a kid crying when their parents didn't buy that that new toy

Old 01-22-2017, 04:17 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
remember many of the liberals protesting are young people who feel entitled and feel they should get their way no matter what.

the protests are temper tantrums. No different than a kid crying when their parents didn't buy that that new toy
Do you feel this way about all protests and protesters or just the folks who are rallying and marching against trump and his agenda?
Protesting, "speaking truth to power", etc. is as "American as apple pie".
If you don't understand that then you need to delve deeper into U.S. history ... go back to the very beginning.
This country is founded on protest.
Anyone who has issues with protesting against the government, consider yourself un-American.
And btw, i'd say that to a liberal who has issues with people protesting against, say, abortion.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Nasty women......with a low education.
I hate to point it out to you, but the majority of college-educated women voted for Clinton.

And every last one of my friends who marched had a bachelor's degree AT MINIMUM.

Most had advanced degrees.

It is my understanding that more women who lacked formal education voted for Don the Con.

You are correct in saying those women were nasty... and damned proud of it.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Romney is pro life. He was torn apart for saying "bindersof women". Don't be too sure about that
I wouldn't support a pro-life candidate and I did not appreciate Romney's "binders" comment, but there is no way in the world you would've seen marches like that if he'd been elected president.

You would not have seen them if ANY of the other Republicans were elected president this year. Even Cruz and that weirdo is a Dominionist.

Noooo... Trump is really that hated. And, not because he's so conservative because that man is a serious RINO.

This is not about R vs. D, no matter how hard people who support him want to believe it.

He's not conservative. He's not a Republican, except on his voter ID card.

What he is is a man with a grudge against Obama.

And, that is all he wants to do... try to destroy Obama's legacy. And, not for anything as noble as helping the people.

He just hates him.

Go watch that dinner where Obama roasts Trump. Ask yourself why he's so obsessed with his dismal ratings, low turnout for the inaugural (Bush Jr had a great turnout, btw), and with ordering a cake that was IDENTICAL to Obama's cake, only with just one layer that's real.

It is because he's mocking Obama and he's manipulating all his supporters to do it.

The man is unhinged.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree, and there would not have been demonstrations if Jeb Bush, John Kasich or Marco Rubio had been elected.
Or Carson or Fiorina... or even Cruz and like I said before... I really do not like him.

This Trump thing is something altogether different.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Slick willie got a BJ in the WH.....then lied.....

My F'N god.......is the left this damn obtuse?
I didn't vote for Clinton. Either time.

I don't see how a BJ (no matter where given) that was given voluntarily, remotely compares to forcing one's self on women, but that's beside the point because I didn't vote for him.

I like him well enough, especially now that he's gotten his act together and he's healed his marriage. But... no... the "left" isn't obtuse. Plenty of people did not like Clinton's wandering eye.

Remember... John Edwards was dropped like a hot rock after his affair hit the news.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Conservatives should be so nasty when they win. Usually they cower in fear of media and go along to get along, never truly taking advantage of the power. This time a real man was elected, and he will use his power. This is what drives the left insane. Whenever they are out of power is when they become hysterical. Like little kids who can't get their way. Even highly educated people can behave like this.
Ugh.

If that's what "real" man is to you, I feel for you.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree, and there would not have been demonstrations if Jeb Bush, John Kasich or Marco Rubio had been elected.
Yup, Ronmey too. While I don't generally agree with republicans, I do not have issues with them. I do worry about having a person who flys off the handle easily and holds grudges running the country.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Politically, young people haven't faced a ton of defeat and have been raised and taught and indoctrinated into a certain mindset so anything that isn't parroting what they know is scary. Eveything is Hitler, or evil or "*ist", which is THE WORST.

There are legit reasons for some to be unhappy Trump/Republicans won, just like there were legit reasons for some to be unhappy Obama/Democrats won, but there is no reason to be hysterical about it. Hysteria doesn't make you "right". Emotions are being put front and center instead of rational thought, and instead of strategy and cooperation our instant go-to response is to blow everything up. Nobody spends time questioning what they already believe they just want to shut up those who don't believe as they do. "The Oppressed" are happy to become "The Oppressors". It's really sad because I have young adult kids and I see the kind of world they will be living in after I'm gone. Hopefully mature, logical heads will prevail but I'm thinking the crap on social media may actually be the way society tries to function IRL...and it won't work.
I'm a Gen Xer. Did you not see all the protesters in those crowds of ALL ages?

They had silents, Boomers, Gen Xers, AND Millennials (and the younger kids whose generation has yet to be named).

I have been through Presidents of both parties and I have never seen someone so unfit, including Richard Nixon.

Damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies