Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 05:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

I'm probably one of the older folks who post here and I'm telling you I've never seen the likes of this in my life. It's just ugly. In my experience, it was the Republicans who were always considered the party of hate and exclusion, and the Democrats the party of tolerance. And while I think most Democrats are just hoping things work out well for everyone in the country, there's the small subset of people who seem to be out of their damn minds. The hypocrisy, the flawed thinking, the animus all seem to be endless. I think it's only giving more resolve to people who pushed back by electing Trump in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If you think this is about winning and losing, you're not comprehending the point here.

Nobody likes to lose, but it's not like this is an Obama vs. Romney sort of an election.

This is a 'Completely Unfit Buffoon' vs. 'Qualified Woman' sort of an election.

I'm not saying Hillary Clinton is a saint or is perfect in every way, for I am a realist.

I'm saying that Trump is absolutely awful in pretty much EVERY way.

And, that is the truth of it. If you see him differently, that's on you, but my eyes are wide open to this one.

I've voted Democrat more than not, but this is not what it was about for everyone. For some of us, it was about a buffoon vs a self-serving lying, perjuring, witch who put Americans last and wanted to keep George Soros happy.

You may be fine with someone using a charitable foundation for personal expenses, and also fine with perjury, but some of us are not.

She was SO bad, that yes, some of us had to go with the buffoon, whether we liked it or not.

Last edited by MPowering1; 01-21-2017 at 05:53 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 05:29 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,520,858 times
MPowering.

I'm with you. NEVER in my 40 years of voting have we ever seen anything like this election or either of these candidates. Running for office at the same time!

Am a member of neither tribe. Have voted both ways.

OP If you are lumping all liberals as nasty, who is the arrogant one you called another poster?

WE all should hope for the best, for our country.

Some of this anger should be vented on members of congress and the senate.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
MPowering.

I'm with you. NEVER in my 40 years of voting have we ever seen anything like this election or either of these candidates. Running for office at the same time!

Am a member of neither tribe. Have voted both ways.

OP If you are lumping all liberals as nasty, who is the arrogant one you called another poster?

WE all should hope for the best, for our country.

Some of this anger should be vented on members of congress and the senate
Exactly. Empathy when it counts and voices need to be heard, and riots and ridiculous vile-spewing lectures when there's nothing that can be changed.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:30 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Eh, coulda started the exact same thread 8 years ago but replaced "liberal" with "neocon."

All this really exemplifies is that partisan hacks of both stripes are useless and hypocritical.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:36 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've voted Democrat more than not, but this is not what it was about for everyone. For some of us, it was about a buffoon vs a self-serving lying, perjuring, witch who put Americans last and wanted to keep George Soros happy.

You may be fine with someone using a charitable foundation for personal expenses, and also fine with perjury, but some of us are not.

She was SO bad, that yes, some of us had to go with the buffoon, whether we liked it or not.
Well, buffoon is letting Trump off far too easily. He's a known, admitted fraud who brags about sexual assault and ran his campaign on hate, fear, ignorance and bigotry. If Clinton, Obama or any other non-GOP candidate was as into kissing Putin's behind as Trump clearly is, Trump's lemmings would be howling for blood, demanding impeachment.

That's because the Trump lemmings are rank hypocrites.

All that said, I 100% agree that Hillary Clinton is a vile corporate prostitute and in a million years I never would have voted for her either.

Really, when you consider the "choice" we had--between Trump and Clinton--it was the entire nation that lost.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Exclamation Hillary was worst candidate ever, for all political parties!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If you think this is about winning and losing, you're not comprehending the point here.

Nobody likes to lose, but it's not like this is an Obama vs. Romney sort of an election.

This is a 'Completely Unfit Buffoon' vs. 'Qualified Woman' sort of an election.

I'm not saying Hillary Clinton is a saint or is perfect in every way, for I am a realist.

I'm saying that Trump is absolutely awful in pretty much EVERY way.

And, that is the truth of it. If you see him differently, that's on you, but my eyes are wide open to this one.
Hillary is and was not at ALL qualified. You are ignoring half a dozen federal laws and dept of state policies she violated. Weiners latest laptop provides thousands more emails that Hillary sent till her home server that were highly classified.

The FBI and the justice dept confirmed that Hillary was competitively irresponsible and inept at performing her job. Hillary's health is deplorable. Hillary needed a week to recover for a 2 hour debate.

Hillary's pay-to-play scandal on her private foundation that catered more to dictators than Americans.

Wake up on thinking Hillary was qualified. Seriously. American was genius for not putting that life long, corrupt, incompetent, delusional, unhealthy, tired, worn out, self serving, non business, cheated on woman, scorned woman, denigrated, disbarred, failure of an elected has-been into any future office, with our without a pardon.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:59 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
If these protestors are the face of the democratic party then they are DOOMED! Sane people are not going to want to be any part of this group.
Honestly, it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. And there has never been anything like this in the history of our country. 1 million peacefully protesting in many cities. And people in other countries protesting in solidarity. How is this not sane? Sorry, but I'm just in awe especially by other countries being so supportive. It's pretty mind blowing. And this will be the shadow over Trump's presidency.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:03 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,357 times
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Old 01-21-2017, 08:04 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
The more important question is why is trump such a sore and nasty assed "winner"?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies