Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 08:42 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

I'm building a fall out shelter, buying gold and dry rations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 08:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
It wasn't a speech that uplifted the country - it was the same type of rhetoric during his
campaign. I was hoping he would let that go since his audience was not only Americans but the
world as well.

Donald Trump

Taking the power Washington DC has acquired(illegally) and giving it back to you, the people....
POWERFUL!

DC has been screwing you, the people. That stops right here and right now.....
POWERFUL

Your rights come from GOD, not man or men, and certainly not Washington DC.......
POWERFUL

REAL CHANGE.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:48 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
I liked the speech because the use of fewer unique words, allowed Trump to focus on a few strategic ones.

A few keywords that he used

america 19 (4%),
all 14 (3%),
american 11 (2%),
again 9 (2%),

Old 01-24-2017, 08:49 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm building a fall out shelter, buying gold and dry rations.

I'm going for a walk on the beach.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:51 AM

well, I would be lying if I say that I am not a little bit scared or concerned because Trump is unpredictable and he doesn't seem like a "let's work together" type of person to be completely honest.

But this said, What Trump did was acknowledge that we are fully-empowered citizens and that government will, return to working with us and for us rather than over us. (if this is the case, than bravo)

I am hopeful, at the same time, scared.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Leftist media have called his speech "insulting." Why? Because they hate Trump.

I found his speech uplifting. It's a new day in America. The sun has come out. The gloom is gone. I wake up in the morning and am optimistic. I am energized. I am no longer depressed. I see a bright future.

Already, he has accomplished much. Federal regulations are going to be rolled back. These regulations have been a stumbling block to everything that would contribute to growth and prosperity. They have been treated in the past almost like Scripture; one dare not touch them. It would be like blasphemy to question or roll back any of them. Thus, the Federal Register keeps growing and growing. Businesses devote as much if not more time to understanding and complying with regulations than they do in developing and building products.

"It's morning in America again." — Ronald Reagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
I agree.

Well stated.
If you were one of the DC corporate whores seated behind him when he called out all the corporate whores in DC, yes, you would likely be insulted.

There's a new sheriff in town!

Suck it up establishment pigs!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:59 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Is the murder in the inner city like Chicago not a carnage? That's a normal and fantastic life to you?

It's also a metaphor. Have you been to the states where they lost nearly all manufacturing jobs? Is that not a business carnage?
Get real. While there are few inner city Chicago and Detroit type examples, there are alls sorts of cities that are doing just fine.

Some states have indeed lost their manufacturing jobs. Times have changed. Technology and automation have eliminated a lot of manufacturing jobs. Those jobs are gone forever. Thousands of jobs have been coming back over the last several years as automation and technology makes American labor competitive again.

"Sixty thousand manufacturing jobs were added in the U.S. in 2014, versus 12,000 in 2003, either through so-called reshoring, in which American companies bring jobs back to the U.S., or foreign direct investment, in which foreign companies move production to the U.S., according to a study from the Reshoring Initiative."Record number of manufacturing jobs returning to America - MarketWatch

Life rolls on, just as it always have. When there were no jobs in the south, people moved north. When the dust bowl hit, people headed west. When jobs on the iron range in Minnesota dried up, people moved to Alaska where the work was.

It's not carnage, it's the way the world works. Things change. Life rolls on. You either roll with it or get rolled over.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:59 AM

yep. It is not like we have been great in the past 20 something years.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:01 AM

Remember how many people love this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

lol, but when Trump said, we have not been great, and we haven't won much, they all have problem with it.

Truth is America is a great country, but we have to keep our ego in check and realize we have a lot of problems.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I loved it because it made me laugh. Especially this:

"....an education system, flush with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge."

Really Donald? All knowledge? Not just, they didn't get a good education, but the teachers apparently have some doomsday device to wipe all knowledge from the brains of our poor children.
8 yrs of Obamas indoctrination centers is over, no more dumbing down of our youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies