Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 04:42 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times

Advertisements

Vetting ppl from those countries is incredibly simple and easy. it's just a matter if our pc culture will allow us to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,298,702 times
Karma can be a real b sometimes. Beware the law of unintended consequences.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:34 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Karma can be a real b sometimes. Beware the law of unintended consequences.
Please , reintegrate this statement ?

Old 01-25-2017, 05:37 PM

772 posts, read 391,037 times
Excellent idea!

Until we can set up a vetting system and enforce our countries immigration laws, I think President Trump made a wise decision.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:41 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
Excellent idea!

Until we can set up a vetting system and enforce our countries immigration laws, I think President Trump made a wise decision.
Well, i don't see the need to pretend we didn't HAVE a vetting system already in place. Of course we did. No one is that stupid that they didn't know that, right?

And the restrictions on refugees from Syria have even stricter restrictions. I'm guessing what will happen in reality is that they will raise the standard of the other countries mentioned to that of what's in place for Syria.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:47 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Great work but please add Terror Arabia to that list!

Old 01-25-2017, 05:52 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, i don't see the need to pretend we didn't HAVE a vetting system already in place. Of course we did. No one is that stupid that they didn't know that, right?

And the restrictions on refugees from Syria have even stricter restrictions. I'm guessing what will happen in reality is that they will raise the standard of the other countries mentioned to that of what's in place for Syria.
It already takes a year of more for a Syrian refugee to be fully vetted. Either they apply the same process to potential immigrants from Saudi Arabia and the UAE or the proposed ban is a farce

Old 01-25-2017, 05:53 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Great work but please add Terror Arabia to that list!
Can't do that. Trump sells a lot of NYC apartments to rich Saudis.

“Saudi Arabia — and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me,” Trump said in Mobile, Ala.

“They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.2777211

Note: NOT posting this to defend HRC. But he said it, and it's true. The Saudis own tons of places in the city, and Trump is a NYC real estate mogul. Not news. Not shocking--wealthy Arabs have been buying in the city for ages. But a ban on immigration from a large part of his client base could be awkward.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:55 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,608,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Worth noting that no national of the countries on Trump's ban list has perpetrated an act of Islamic terror on U.S soil. Which makes a mockery of the 'national security' claim. The list is simply those Muslim majority countries in which the US has no interests.

The 9/11 attackers hailed mostly from Saudi and the UAE. But those countries for some reason pose no security threat whatsoever to the U.S. Getting a visa to the US with a Sudanese passport is already incredibly hard, there's hardly a deluge of Sudanese applicants.

And Trump's administration knows this. They've simply scapegoated the weakest least influential Muslim countries for a quick win.

With the terror link disproved, Trump's ban is just what he said it would be - a ban on Muslims for no other reason than their faith.

And hypocrite Christians rejoice.
The OSU Terrorist was a Somali refugee. Try again.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
I was hoping for a halt to start this week given Syrians started arriving last week in the shire town of my county. My read of the plan is that after he signs it, those countries will have 60 days to comply with giving us the info we need to properly vet the refugees or a halt will be put in place. A lot more Syrians can arrive in that 60 days and they won't be going home again. That said, a ban a couple months from now is vastly better than it would have been with Hillary opening the flood gates for unvetted Muslims had she been elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies