Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Using broad brushes and false statements again. Prepare a list of every country in the world and then exhibit how even 1% of Muslims have done anything violent to any of those countries. Remember we don't exactly have a State...anyone who commits violence does so as an individual or for their little group."

What false statements? You mean the attacks listed on Wikipedia are lies? You tell me why it's always a Muslim screaming Allah Akbar while attacking people all over the globe and not "Jesus saves" or Hari Krishna"? It might be a small percentage but it's your group so you should know better than I do. When Athiest start attacking people screaming "Ungod" you can ask me the same question.
I'm called out hypocrisy and pointing to proportionality. When *your* country is dropped 26,000 bombs a year and are responsible for the death of half a million in civilians in one country alone.. you have more blood on your hands than any terrorist group. Why not rally against that? And why not point out that the violence received by the West is due to their intervention in the region?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 11:27 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I'm called out hypocrisy and pointing to proportionality. When *your* country is dropped 26,000 bombs a year and are responsible for the death of half a million in civilians in one country alone.. you have more blood on your hands than any terrorist group. Why not rally against that? And why not point out that the violence received by the West is due to their intervention in the region?
I already penned my opposition to the continuing involvement in Iraq and we should have been out of Afghanistan after getting Bin Laden, and never supported Obama's overthrow in Libya and now Syria.

It's an easy enough solution, get out of Islamic countries, as Western Secularism is not compatible with their core beliefs. Of course we should have reciprocity for the same reason.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:30 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Already said a while back that I would have no problems with restrictions on immigration from 3rd world war torn countries rather than a specific religion which would be unconstitutional. So I don't really have a problem with this, but there are some other countries that also belong on that list but will probably not be placed there for political reasons.

AFAIK There is no constitutional prohibition on the restriction of immigration based on nationality.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Probably not, but never say never.

We have a lot of companies with billions in assets over there , so it COULD be that Trump has instructed the State Department to radically reduce Saudi visas as he signals US companies that it is going to happen and give them time to pull assets if they choose.

I'm not saying this is the plan. I'm just saying this might be the plan. Speculation.
Tillerson might be smart enough to plan that but not Trump
And Tillerson won't because he likely has ducks in a row w/Aramco and the Saudi royal family

Old 01-26-2017, 12:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I already penned my opposition to the continuing involvement in Iraq and we should have been out of Afghanistan after getting Bin Laden, and never supported Obama's overthrow in Libya and now Syria.

It's an easy enough solution, get out of Islamic countries, as Western Secularism is not compatible with their core beliefs. Of course we should have reciprocity for the same reason.
I assume you know what Trump has intimated about Iraq--that the US is going back for the oil
Because capturing that will cut off money to ISIS ops
So I think you should plan for more not less involvement in Middle East

Old 01-26-2017, 12:18 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
LOL, this is so dumb. There are higher chances of being robbed by some idiot 20yr old thug than being killed by a terrorist.

Why not spend the time and money on fixing inner city problems first?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:21 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
granted, this is 12 months old but I'd assume nothing changed in the process:

Each candidate is vetted first by the UN’s refugee agency, and then separately by officials from the State Department, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and the Defense Department. The process takes between 18 months and two years."

So, I'm interested to learn what this new "vetting system" includes, seeing Trump says it is inadequate.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....?client=safari

Old 01-26-2017, 12:42 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
THIS is how you treat citizens of your allies?

US President Donald Trump to change visa process for Australians | SBS

I'm going to be interviewed the next time I travel to the states?!?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:47 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
President Donald Trump was set to sign an executive order temporarily banning entry to the U.S. for people traveling from a number of predominately Muslim countries, according to a new report. The executive order was expected to be signed Wednesday and would be the latest campaign promise the newly sworn in president made good on during what has already been a busy first full week in office.

Iran
Iraq
Libya
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Yemen

Trump has done more in 5 days than Obama did in eight years....

Donald Trump Muslim Ban: Full List Of Countries Affected By President's Executive Immigration Order

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/269839...lim-countries/
We are insane to let people from these countries into America. Go Donald!!!

Old 01-26-2017, 12:55 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Don't look now, a brown person! Everybody hide!
No, more like, Look everyone another non American possibly wanting citizenship. OK, let me help you, here's the instructions and a list of what you need to do before being granted residence here. We welcome immigrants and should you seek citizen ship we have those instructions too. Can you please show me some identification. Ok, thank you. Welcome to America.

If people coming in don't want to cooperate it does go much differently than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies