Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxon View Post
I have no problem with it. Isis will blow themself up cut the heads of women and children. The only way to stop them is to be as nasty as they are. War is not nice. We are in a war even if the liberaltard does not want to believe it. Liberaltards are stupid people who think you can hug out problems.
The idea that Libya, Syria, Iraq, etc is our problem is what is stupid.

I'll leave be the idea that one can point out the problem without calling people names also.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I don't really consider waterboarding torture. It is enhanced interrogation. In fact I would consider it quite therapeutic....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Maybe because the media keeps pressing him repeatedly for an answer.........and they won't give up until he answers the way they want him to............
No. Trump brought this up on his first week in office all on his own.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:57 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump wants to bring back torture

Well, that explains his choice of Press Secretary!

You mean the Minister of Disinformation.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
President Trump Stands by Campaign Promise to Bring Back Torture Video - ABC News

Another maniacal tendency. Everyone decided it doesn't work, except him because he's smarter than generals after all:
"it absolutely works"

I wonder who's willing to go to prison for him for war crimes when it's all said and done
Just another liberal TV lie.

Waterboarding is NOT torture.

If you want to find out what torture REALLY is, I suggest you read some of the books about it that the Germans, Japanese and North Vietnamese did to OUR solders during those wars.

Thread FAIL!

Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just another liberal TV lie.

Waterboarding is NOT torture.

If you want to find out what torture REALLY is, I suggest you read some of the books about it that the Germans, Japanese and North Vietnamese did to OUR solders during those wars.

Thread FAIL!
Waterboarding is extracting information from a person under physical duress by simulating the feeling of drowning, it is definitely torture.

Please note that just because there are more painful or permanently harmful forms of torture it does not make the less painful forms of torture not torture. For instance Chinese water torture is less painful and distressing than waterboarding and it has torture in the freaking name, Logic FAIL!

Old 01-26-2017, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Waterboarding is extracting information from a person under physical duress by simulating the feeling of drowning, it is definitely torture.

Please note that just because there are more painful or permanently harmful forms of torture it does not make the less painful forms of torture not torture. Logic FAIL!
I have never seen anyone that underwent it say it wasn't torture. There have been people that did it to prove a point and I've not seen a one that would do it again.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have never seen anyone that underwent it say it wasn't torture. There have been people that did it to prove a point and I've not seen a one that would do it again.
I've tried it once out of curiosity on myself, a ways back when it first became a hotbutton topic. very unpleasant but I had full control over it so I was able to pull the towel off my face when breathing became difficult, which took about 15 seconds. Being forcefully subjected to it for an extended period of time without that same control would be decidedly awful.

We can argue the validity of the information gained or usefulness of torture but to pretend like it isn't torture in the first place would have to be classified under the category of "Alternative Facts".

Old 01-26-2017, 12:13 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
Who would think that torturing a terrorist would be so controversial. The least we can do is use terrorists as test subjects and experiment with new techniques. If they were soldiers of a conventional army then that would be different.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think there SHOULD BE war crimes in battlefield. Better?

Yeah, the international community disagrees with me. so what?
Appealing to your good sense....

Remember, what we do to their troops, they can rightly do to ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
General Mattis said it perfectly: "Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers, and I'll do better than I can with torture" ... and he's right.

I know being a tough guy sounds cool, but in the end the thinker always wins. That's why I like Mattis, he knows how to think. He knows when to be a macho man, and when you need a softer approach.

I think Trump went with Mattis only because he saw the nickname "Mad Dog" and thought he would be a brainless Patton-esque lunatic.
LOL...yeah, i think Trump may have had the wrong idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Notice that not even Mattis is a fan of torture. No general is.
Because he wouldn't want his troops subjected to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
As long as he only tortures foreigners, I'm fine with it.
Should foreigners be able to torture you?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Should foreigners be able to torture you?
And that is the crux. Currently we are fighting against groups that do not adhere to the standards that most developed nations adhere to. Regardless of that fact, we as a major world power, should be leading by example. ISIS will not be able to normalize torture on a world wide scale because they are near universally hated, the US on the other hand....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies