Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Good call. A guy was stopped for trying to import weapons into the country without a permit.

Somehow seems to miss the point - a US citizen, not otherwise doing anything illegal at the border..., can't be denied entry.
Even if they are doing something illegal they can't be denied entry. It may be handcuffed but they are coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 03:35 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That article is total bull ****. He might have been told he couldn't bring his items in, which is fairly common but as a citizen he could freely stroll in.
Article? I did not post an article.

I posted a legal website.

Pretty bad when you don't know the difference between a legal website and an actual article.

America we are in big trouble.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:36 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Boo hoo is an honest summation of my feelings about this whole thing. You can disagree but it doesn't make me shallow.
Please don't snip my posts. I type the whole thing for a reason, and if you quote me this far down the thread there's no context to what I said in full. And I said you aren't shallow, that was my intention anyway.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Article? I did not post an article.

I posted a legal website.

Pretty bad when you don't know the difference between a legal website and an actual article.

America we are in big trouble.
I have no idea who is behind the site but use article, claim, question, whatever, it's total bull ****.

The answer even states that the person representing the government was wrong.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:45 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Even if they are doing something illegal they can't be denied entry. It may be handcuffed but they are coming in.
That is correct. The US cannot deny entry to a genuine citizen. You may be entering straight into a police van, but enter you will. You may have to hang out for a minute - if you have 10 kilos of coke stuffed up your duffer - but if you have a valid passport (and if you didn't have that they wouldn't let you on the plane in the first place) you cannot be turned away.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:02 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
I have no idea who is behind the site but use article, claim, question, whatever, it's total bull ****.

The answer even states that the person representing the government was wrong.
Clearly you don't understand much.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Clearly you don't understand much.
I'll note you didn't dispute what I said. The answer doesn't even support the idea that he could be turned away. An idiot like Bush or Obama may wish they can, but they can't.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:23 PM

590 posts, read 555,147 times
Here's one part of Trump's executive order:

Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the United States after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the United States refugee resettlement program. Deteriorating conditions in certain countries due to war, strife, disaster, and civil unrest increase the likelihood that terrorists will use any means possible to enter the United States. The United States must be vigilant during the visa-issuance process to ensure that those approved for admission do not intend to harm Americans and that they have no ties to terrorism.

He did say that he'll stop immigration from predominantly muslim countries that harbor and support terrorists until we can figure out "what the hell is going on", so what are you liberals complaining about? Twist Trump's intentions in every way you can to make him look bad, how else would you stop terrorists from entering the country? Afterall ISIS did say that they will infiltrate the refugee population, do you want to wait until we start seeing terrorist attacks like the ones they had in Europe in the last couple years?

It's about time somebody with guts took such actions to protect our country, political correctness will not protect us from ISIS.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
Here's one part of Trump's executive order:

Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the United States after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the United States refugee resettlement program. Deteriorating conditions in certain countries due to war, strife, disaster, and civil unrest increase the likelihood that terrorists will use any means possible to enter the United States. The United States must be vigilant during the visa-issuance process to ensure that those approved for admission do not intend to harm Americans and that they have no ties to terrorism.

He did say that he'll stop immigration from predominantly muslim countries that harbor and support terrorists until we can figure out "what the hell is going on", so what are you liberals complaining about? Twist Trump's intentions in every way you can to make him look bad, how else would you stop terrorists from entering the country? Afterall ISIS did say that they will infiltrate the refugee population, do you want to wait until we start seeing terrorist attacks like the ones they had in Europe in the last couple years?

It's about time somebody with guts took such actions to protect our country, political correctness will not protect us from ISIS.
Except for two itsy bitsy problems...

1) Trump excluded the Countries (several of which have been home to terrorists who have attacked the US) that he and or his family have business interests in

Countries Listed On Trump's Refugee Ban Don't Include Those He Has Business With : NPR

2) Giuliani went on the record admitting that Trump asked him how to "legally" implement a Muslim ban

Giuliani: Trump asked me how to do a Muslim ban 'legally' | TheHill

Old 01-30-2017, 05:13 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
I said (I'm not going to go back and quote) You are going to get in. You did.
After I was detained. As in, not permitted entry to the US until Immigration could determine I wasn't a risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies