Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 08:03 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,333,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Please! She's the rule, not the exception. Most of what I've seen of the Black Lives Matter group is a couple of people saying something reasonable, and the rest calling for killing of police, releasing all black people from prison because it's modern day slavery, killing white people, and burning stuff down (actually burning multiple businesses in different cities, not just chanting). That organization is a hate group. If it's not listed as one by the SPLC, then that tells you all you need to know about the bias of the SPLC.
I've posted the BLM site and the social media of BLM founders, show us where the official BLM group is putting out this rhetoric of killing police or killing white people. The media did a number on you. You are ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,860,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And it will only take a few white people being killed like those cops were, to make a large percentage of white people as trigger happy as some cops have been.

When there were protests of people saying they were with BLM and chanting, "Pigs in a blanket, fry em' like bacon", nobody from BLM denounced it. In fact, I don't recall black posters on c-d saying a word.

Then there were the riots in Milwaukee with white people dragged from their cars and beaten, and the reaction here was 'they're just frustrated'.

And now we see the same venom spewed directed toward white people, and black posters are giddy with LOL's about how funny it is.

I've had more than one person tell me within the past two months that they've started discriminating in hiring people. And I've been around long enough to know that if three people openly admitted that, there must be more doing it without admitting it.

This mess started with Obama, and racists are simply using any excuse to ramp it up.
On the bold, that video was posted on here a couple years ago and got a lot of responses from the black posters. It doesn't get as many responses today because it has been discussed for over a year already. No one supports killing police officers or even threatening to kill police officers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Do you perhaps, have diagnosed ADHD? You don't seem to be following the conversation.
You don't even have a clue who you are arguing what, with. I never said anything about a structured national organization. None of your accusations apply to me.
Maybe if you can focus and stop rambling we can get to the source of your disagreement.
On the bold, you are the one in our conversation who began the dialogue. Evidently you are the one who suffers from the condition you are trying to pass off on me.

You quoted one of my posts then spoke about a swastika and confederate flag. I never said anything about "symbols" until you brought it up trying to pretend that Black Lives Matter has a symbol. I have also been very cordial to you in my responses and have not accused you of being disabled, of not knowing how to read or comprehend, or of not knowing what a "symbol" was.

If you do not want people to respond to your (idiotic) comments then don't write (idiotic) comments about swastikas and confederate flags.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:17 PM

10,222 posts, read 7,629,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The Daily Caller is a source of fake news.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:26 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,614,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, you are the one in our conversation who began the dialogue. Evidently you are the one who suffers from the condition you are trying to pass off on me.

You quoted one of my posts then spoke about a swastika and confederate flag. I never said anything about "symbols" until you brought it up trying to pretend that Black Lives Matter has a symbol. I have also been very cordial to you in my responses and have not accused you of being disabled, of not knowing how to read or comprehend, or of not knowing what a "symbol" was.

If you do not want people to respond to your (idiotic) comments then don't write (idiotic) comments about swastikas and confederate flags.

So, the crux of your argument is that the signs, banners, logos, clothing, and flags with the slogan "black lives matter" on them are not symbols of the black lives matter movement?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:56 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,683,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
stay scared and believe everything you see on tv, pal. And the best part of this is the very first sentence where you prove a huge point unintentionally. You talk about white people being "killed like those cops were" and "make a large percentage of white people trigger happy"...when most cops are killed by white males. Most whites are killed by other whites, yet here you are convinced that BLM is the scary element. And as I've stated before, the actual members of BLM aren't pushing "death to police" or "death to whites" rhetoric...you and other people want so badly to lump random people into "BLM" because it helps deflect away from your own problems as white people.

I won't bother trying to explain how a much higher percentage of black males are killing cops than white males, because I don't think you'll understand.

The BLM is filled with racists and cop haters who set off a **** storm of cop killings. Anyone saying otherwise, or pretending those people aren't really part of BLM, or that BLM isn't really a group, is a GD liar.

And unlike some of my fellow posters here, I won't waste much time arguing with liars.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So, the crux of your argument is that the signs, banners, logos, clothing, and flags with the slogan "black lives matter" on them are not symbols of the black lives matter movement?
The crux of my argument has always been that BLM is a hashtag/slogan and not a national organization. It is a call for action hashtag to advertise a march/protest. Ther eis no no national leadership. It has no symbols or logos. It has no official clothing.

Again, you and others can choose to believe otherwise and let the media divide you in regards to true black activist who actually are associated with real groups and who do not support violence, riots, killing police officers or anything else, then you are free to be naive when it comes to media consumption.

I live in the real world and know real people and I know that there is no local BLM group where I live, yet our local media keeps saying that there is only because groups of black people have signs that say Black Lives Matter. I know some of the people who stand on corners with these signs. They got them made at a sign shop. There is a mall here that makes t-shirts for $5 and will do a jacket for $30. They have t-shirts and jackets. This organization pre-dates the BLM hashtag, and they have a totally different name, yet media calls them BLM and you and others will believe that they "are" BLM when they are not because you are too naive to see when you are being tricked it seems.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
That's interesting about the hiring discrimination. Not surprising but interesting.

The people who engage in BLM riots or trump riots or vulgar protests think that their actions are going to bring people to their side. Some of them point to the Civil Rights movement as evidence. The problem with that example is that in the 1960s, it was the police behaving violently against innocent people. What we have today are unemployable professional agitators stirring up trouble for reasons that aren't clear to most people. They destroy private property for no reason other than to destroy or loot.

The media covers these things to make it seem like BLM and the pussyhat women are displaying traditional American values. But I believe that the average person in even a moderate state sees those images and is completely turned off and disgusted. It might never get reported, but it shows up in situations such as hiring. In short, this stuff doesn't do what it is intended to do.

I agree. I was a child in the '60's, and while my parents didn't get involved, they (like those they knew), were sympathetic to and supportive of the Civil Rights Movement, and loathed the police for what they were doing. They respected Martin Luther King and what the CRM was doing.

But you're correct that there's no sympathy (or respect) for people who pretend they're making their communities better, yet do nothing in that regard, incite cop killings, riots, arson, and the beating of innocent people. I was a defender of BLM early last year, and still think they had a legitimate complaint executed poorly. But that all ended with the chants nobody denounced, followed by a cop killing spree, also not denounced.

Let their hateful venom lead them to their own demise.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 PM

I'll also note that as I stated earlier, just as there are non-violent black activist groups, there are violent, rhetoric filled black nationalist groups as well.

If you ever see a BLM crowd and you see the fist I posted or the pan-african flag, you should be aware of the fact that the people at that "protest" are black nationalists. Black nationalism is much more violent than mainstream black activist groups and many of them actually are considered hate groups and deservedly so (Nation of Islam - NOI and the New Black Panther Party - NBPP are considered hate groups). Both of the previously referenced groups also go out and "protest" with signs and clothing that say "Black Lives Matter."

I would guess the lady in the video is a member of some black nationalist organization just based on the way she spoke. Black nationalist frequently speak of killing people, especially white people, who they think are devils. They are a fringe group, similar to white nazi/skinhead groups and they should never be confused with mainstream black America, just like skinheads should not be shown as representatives of mainstream white America.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:19 PM

residinghere, YOU were the one who stated the people in Milwaukee were just frustrated. And you're also LOL'ing in this thread about how funny you find the video.

NO need to post anything further about that. Your message has come through loud and clear.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree. I was a child in the '60's, and while my parents didn't get involved, they (like those they knew), were sympathetic to and supportive of the Civil Rights Movement, and loathed the police for what they were doing. They respected Martin Luther King and what the CRM was doing.

But you're correct that there's no sympathy (or respect) for people who pretend they're making their communities better, yet do nothing in that regard, incite cop killings, riots, arson, and the beating of innocent people. I was a defender of BLM early last year, and still think they had a legitimate complaint executed poorly. But that all ended with the chants nobody denounced, followed by a cop killing spree, also not denounced.

Let their hateful venom lead them to their own demise.
If you are speaking of the black men who killed cops in Dallas and Louisiana, they were not "BLM." Sigh...I guess you guys are just going to ignore the fact that black nationalist groups have always existed. They are the ones who killed cops.

See link below about Micah Johnson who killed the cops in Dallas.

Micah Johnson, Dallas Cop Killer was Black Nationalist

From the link:

Quote:
Johnson did not explicitly identify himself as a member of the Nation of Islam, a militant black Muslim group, but liked pages relating to Elijah Mohammed, the group’s deceased founder. Johnson also liked several militant and black separatist groups such as The New Black Panther Party and the African American Defense League.

Johnson also liked the Black Riders Liberation Party, which describes itself as a “new generation” of Black Panthers.
“We need recruits everywhere!” one of the group’s leaders posted on Thursday before the Dallas shooting. “Arm yourself or Harm yourself!”
The advertisement for the new group was accompanied by a photo of armed men.
All of the organizations above actually are organizations - unlike the hashtag/slogan BLM. They all advocate violence and using deadly force. They all are hate groups.

Based on the above, do you think he was a "member" of BLM or was he a black nationalist??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies