Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 09:28 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,835,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
residinghere, YOU were the one who stated the people in Milwaukee were just frustrated. And you're also LOL'ing in this thread about how funny you find the video.

NO need to post anything further about that. Your message has come through loud and clear.
I did think it was funny because she was ridiculous. I don't take ridiculousness seriously.

Also, the riot in Milwaukee was caused in part by a frustration with law enforcment and the conditions in that city. Do you honestly believe that riots are not an outburst of anger and frustration??

I do.

And what is my message?

All I stated was she was ridiculous and it was funny how ridiculous it was. FWIW it's also funny to me that people think she is a "member" of BLM. She is an idiot and more than likely a black nationalist sympathizer. I know a black nationalist when I see them and hear them because I have dealt with their idiocy many times (unfortunately) in my life.

I also wanted to point out the fact that media runs with this BLM thing in order to divide Americans on issues as they relate to police reform. The constant linking of black nationalist hate groups to a hashtag and then legitimizing that hashtag to the unknowing public as an actual "organization" only serves to cause confusion amongst those of you actually do feel there needs reform. You would be hesitant in even working in your own predominantly white areas (if you live in one) because of the divisiveness of the stories and the ignoring of the peaceful groups who participate in gatherings and protests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 09:30 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,608,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The crux of my argument has always been that BLM is a hashtag/slogan and not a national organization. It is a call for action hashtag to advertise a march/protest. Ther eis no no national leadership. It has no symbols or logos. It has no official clothing.
I never accused them if being well organized or having real leadership.
I posted a small percentage of the thousands of people and quotes that state "black lives matter" is a national movement, and that the slogan/logo is , in its various styles and graphic designs, the symbol of the movement.

You can protest that fact all you like, but the organization itself disagrees with you.
If your argument is, "I choose not to believe that" then there is nothing else to be said, because as I previously stated you are willfully ignorant.

Quote:
Again, you and others can choose to believe otherwise and let the media divide you in regards to true black activist who actually are associated with real groups and who do not support violence, riots, killing police officers or anything else, then you are free to be naive when it comes to media consumption.

I live in the real world and know real people and I know that there is no local BLM group where I live, yet our local media keeps saying that there is only because groups of black people have signs that say Black Lives Matter. I know some of the people who stand on corners with these signs. They got them made at a sign shop. There is a mall here that makes t-shirts for $5 and will do a jacket for $30. They have t-shirts and jackets. This organization pre-dates the BLM hashtag, and they have a totally different name, yet media calls them BLM and you and others will believe that they "are" BLM when they are not because you are too naive to see when you are being tricked it seems.
Your nonsense semantics are really fouling up your thought process.
No, it's not well organized and everyone wearing the slogan is not vetted by some central agency. It's a protest movement, anyone that aligns themselves with the movement and then garners attention is obviously going to be said to be part of that movement. Not exactly rocket surgery or positively wrong, for that matter.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:42 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,835,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Always good to see that this is recorded on tape so the FBI and secret service can investigate and document these thugs.
Due to being black nationalist many of these groups already are being investigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I never accused them if being well organized or having real leadership.
I posted a small percentage of the thousands of people and quotes that state "black lives matter" is a national movement, and that the slogan/logo is , in its various styles and graphic designs, the symbol of the movement.

You can protest that fact all you like, but the organization itself disagrees with you.
If your argument is, "I choose not to believe that" then there is nothing else to be said, because as I previously stated you are willfully ignorant.

Your nonsense semantics are really fouling up your thought process.
No, it's not well organized and everyone wearing the slogan is not vetted by some central agency. It's a protest movement, anyone that aligns themselves with the movement and then garners attention is obviously going to be said to be part of that movement. Not exactly rocket surgery or positively wrong, for that matter.
For true black activists organizations the bold actually does happen to a wide degree. I have been a part of these sorts of protests.

A "movement" entails there is an organization or a series of specific organizations leading said movement. During the climax of the Civil Rights Movement, there were specific organizations that were involved, including the NAACP and the SCLC mostly.

During the Black Power Movement there was the Black Panther Party, the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committe (SNCC), and various currently around black nationalist organizations like the Nation of Islam, mentioned above, the Black Liberation Army (mentioned on the BLM website BTW), and the George Jackson Brigade.

If there is a movement, there has to be an organization leading the movement or participating in the movement. BLM itself is not an organization. The "movement" and protests therefore, as I have been stating, include a variety of groups. Many of the groups I mentioned above, that are still around, go to these protests and you cannot distinguish one from another when you call them all "Black Lives Matter."

There is a need for specification. And FWIW this is an issue amongst many mainstream black activists and it is one that we do discuss in our longstanding organizations - distancing from the hashtag because of negative association and an infiltration of black nationalist groups.

So I'm just doing a service to those of you in the "white community" with letting you know that there is no "Black Lives Matter" organization. The "movement" is based on a hashtag and various rogue groups participate, including black nationalist groups who are known organizations of hate and who advocate violence. They are not the same thing as a run of the mill community activist.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wow

Talk about a disconnect
What are you disconnected from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Nope. See how talk like this works out for ya' then get back to us.

Btw, I'd be willing to bet most people at this rally, even the blacks, were saying "what the f--k did she just say?"
It's working out great for me.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
I won't bother trying to explain how a much higher percentage of black males are killing cops than white males, because I don't think you'll understand.
Percentage........if you have two blacks and one kills a police officer you have a 50 percent rate with one dead officer.

If you have 100 white men and ten kill a police officer you have a 10% rate with 10 dead police officers.

Unless you explain yourself you really aren't saying much.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
In the end there are people in the BLM movement/organization/group/rabble or whatever you want to call them that obviously want to start a race war.

God help us all if they are successful as many will pay the price...

Old 02-01-2017, 09:12 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,006 times
Quote:
I won't bother trying to explain how a much higher percentage of black males are killing cops than white males, because I don't think you'll understand.

The BLM is filled with racists and cop haters who set off a **** storm of cop killings. Anyone saying otherwise, or pretending those people aren't really part of BLM, or that BLM isn't really a group, is a GD liar.

And unlike some of my fellow posters here, I won't waste much time arguing with liars.
Actually i do understand. Nice insult. You are still ignorant. And choose to be ignorant. Cops are killed more by white males. Whites are more likely to be killed by other whites and you still choose focus on blacks. You didn't respond because you know I'm right and like always when you crush a racist's argument they do one of two things...they start joking around or they go to insults.

But, yeah stay scared. People run around saying "fake news" but believe every single thing the media says about blacks, why is that?

And i'm still waiting on people to show me on the BLM website or from official BLM founders social media where they talk about killing cops or white people. And not some obvious joking tweet. You're so confident they are pushing this rhetoric yet all yall can post are random people off the street claiming something.

edit: and for the record I don't even really like most of the stuff that the Official BLM is about, but I know that most of yall aren't even addressing BLM, you just use it as a way to get some "things" off your chest.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Actually i do understand. Nice insult. You are still ignorant. And choose to be ignorant. Cops are killed more by white males. Whites are more likely to be killed by other whites and you still choose focus on blacks. You didn't respond because you know I'm right and like always when you crush a racist's argument they do one of two things...they start joking around or they go to insults.

But, yeah stay scared. People run around saying "fake news" but believe every single thing the media says about blacks, why is that?

And i'm still waiting on people to show me on the BLM website or from official BLM founders social media where they talk about killing cops or white people. And not some obvious joking tweet. You're so confident they are pushing this rhetoric yet all yall can post are random people off the street claiming something.

edit: and for the record I don't even really like most of the stuff that the Official BLM is about, but I know that most of yall aren't even addressing BLM, you just use it as a way to get some "things" off your chest.
I'd say at least one reason many aren't "addressing BLM" is many believe it was hijacked back in Ferguson by a radical element looking for a fight NOT a conversation.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'd say at least one reason many aren't "addressing BLM" is many believe it was hijacked back in Ferguson by a radical element looking for a fight NOT a conversation.
I'm good with that. Conversations have failed.

We still are refusing to fire absolutely atrocious officers.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
so what you're saying is there is/was an original BLM...and some random people off the street are being lumped in with BLM? Like I said? Why don't you find the people "looking for a fight" and address them? Amazing, even in your attempt to be slick you say exactly what I'm saying. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"yeah but it was hijacked"...however you want to try to semantics your way around it you're going to end up in the same spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies