Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:59 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you think we liberals are so ignorant, how do you explain the fact that a lot of us feel the same way as you do? Our ancestors came here legally. We do not want illegals. We do want legal immigrants though.
Try explaining that to Montclair who wants nothing more than to have as many illegal aliens here as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 06:11 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
So... the folks at Annheiser Busch are hoping that new illegals will stop drinking sangria or whatever they drink in Central America and the left will put down their glasses of Heinekin and start drinking Budweiser? Or maybe middle easterners will just forget about not drinking alcohol entirely. Corporate suicide at its finest.
Plenty of new startup microbreweries around that are highly rated.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:14 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Maybe Budweiser sales to Muslim immigrants will go through the roof

The story is a LEGAL immigrant from Germany comes to America and starts a company brewing beer. Flash forward to 2017 and illegal immigrant comes to America and collects a government handout to consume beer.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So... the folks at Annheiser Busch are hoping that new illegals will stop drinking sangria or whatever they drink in Central America and the left will put down their glasses of Heinekin and start drinking Budweiser? Or maybe middle easterners will just forget about not drinking alcohol entirely. Corporate suicide at its finest.
Plenty of new startup microbreweries around that are highly rated.
No, the owners of AB brew some other beer also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev

Old 02-06-2017, 05:15 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why would they protest a company that supports LEGAL immigration? Many of their parents and grandparents were LEGAL immigrants. Especially in Wisconsin. Heavy population of German LEGAL immigrants' progeny.
They just can't let go of their false assumptions and prejudices.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:36 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Based on the heated discussion everywhere, looks like Bud achieved their goal.

No such thing as bad publicity or bad controversy!
Sure there is, especially with an established product that the ad will not generate many new buyers since it is already such a well known commodity. Most have tried Bud, and know whether they like it or not.
Conversely, if you **** of potentially half your consumers, rest assured it will hurt their bottom line more than help help. All in an effort to be PC or pander to the ideological whims of the CEO.

I am not really a Bud drinker, but on occasion I will have a few or buy some knowing others like it. But not anymore, and others will feel the same way I do.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Sure there is, especially with an established product that the ad will not generate many new buyers since it is already such a well known commodity. Most have tried Bud, and know whether they like it or not.
Conversely, if you **** of potentially half your consumers, rest assured it will hurt their bottom line more than help help. All in an effort to be PC or pander to the ideological whims of the CEO.

I am not really a Bud drinker, but on occasion I will have a few or buy some knowing others like it. But not anymore, and others will feel the same way I do.

People said the same about Coca-Cola. They seem to be doing just fine. The so called boycotting by the right did nothing to hurt their sales.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:14 AM

3,847 posts, read 1,789,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

This ad promoted LEGAL immigration and making a product in a new country, why would that be upsetting enough for you to not purchase their product anymore?

Old 02-10-2017, 04:05 AM

426 posts, read 424,222 times
German immigrant bring drugs into our country and turn Americans into alcoholics. We are supposed to celebrate?

Old 02-10-2017, 05:19 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
If every person coming into this country wanted the same dreams as Busch I think a lot of conservatives would feel different. But you see so many people come into this country and want to change the American life to adapt to what they want in their life.

guess what-- BUSH came and changed America-- in some way-- get it? as to say the first taco was introduced by some Mexican making some---and now we have Taco Tuesdays--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies