Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:17 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Millions and millions of people. Although falling, they still retain 46+% of the market share in the US.

Bud Light, Budweiser market share losses continue in U.S. | Business | stltoday.com

I don't, and will not, drink any AB-InBev products - to include their "craft" brands like Goose Island, 10 Barrel, Elysian and others.

A good man you are. BUY CRAFT BEER and buy AMERICAN !!!
I'm pretty cheap when it comes to buying a lot of stuff, but I am never cheap with beer. Life's too short to drink BudWater, Miller, Coors, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 10:18 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The commercial takes place in the 1850s. Adolphus lived in a German community, which is also where he and his father in law, Eberhard Anheuser, built their brewery. I doubt many black and brown faces would have been seen at the time in that area.
Yes. And they stole the name Budweiser from the Czech city of České Budějovice (German: Budweis) in order to market their swill to German immigrants.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:21 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The USA has plenty of barriers, you have just never once , not for a second taken the time to learn what they are or how they work.
You want tighter borders?

Raise the pay rates, improve the training and increasing staffing in our embassies . There is your wall.
Nope. Wall. Thanks.

Quote:
IF a terrorist wanted in to the USA they would simply fly to FL on vacation. Or did you think they would not think of that.

If a terrorist wanted in to the USA they would simply buy a seat in one of hundreds of schools... Or did you really think they would be trying to pass as a refugee?
So what? Wall. Thanks.

Quote:
But you have not. You have not bothered to learn anything, instead you are simply regurgitating the propaganda that was designed to inflame opinion and motivate you to ignore your needs and instead vote based on fear and jingoism.
Trust us. This is our "needs". I know that liberals think that they understand conservatives but, as a former very informed liberal (relatively speaking), I can assure you that you do not. We are not ignoring our interests. We are implementing them. Your framing is merely a sad attempt to reframe our needs in line with your own and your political perspective. It won't work, and such ineffective reframing is what keeps true dialogue from taking place and is a large multi-decade reason why you just lost to a further Right candidate.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:25 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
I'm okay with Budweiser being the new beer of border hoppers and Islamists (who don't drink). It most definitely won't be the new beer of liberals. They wouldn't be caught dead drinking it.

Middle America deserves a better beer that Budweiser, which is an assured hangover.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:30 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we have no problem with LEGAL immigrants who come here and want to assimilate into american culture. the problem is the criminal element that thumbs their noses at our laws to come here ILLEGALLY and commit crimes like drug running, rape, murder, etc. why is it that other countries can have immigration laws that need to be followed, but somehow the US cant?
Also the Muslim immigrants who have no interest in assimilating into American culture and wants to have their own sharia courts in their communities like in Europe and want entire no-go zones where only Muslims and Arabs are welcome. In case liberals and Democrats don't know, the Muslim refugees are also opposed to gay marriage and gender equality and rape culture is endemic in the Middle East.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:41 AM

11,799 posts, read 5,804,343 times
The commercial didn't offend me but the libs on this board do!

So true Tom - I sit here and see all this support for immigrants and watch all these marches and yet I sit here and think - why haven't these people been marching for better health care for our veterans? why aren't they marching for the poor homeless freezing out in the streets - many of them children - with no warm clothing, food or medical care - why do they not care for their own US citizens but feel such compassion for foreigners.

Libs - really why is the welfare of a foreigner more important to you than your own US citizens?

Old 02-05-2017, 10:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
It's a beer commercial. Commercials are supposed to draw attention to a brand.

This beer commercial produced a 15-page political discussion. I'd say it accomplished its purpose.

Also got a lot of media attention. My favorite is the Gateway Pundit. Wow--talk about snowflakes!

Budweiser Attacks American's In Politically Motivated Superbowl Ad On Immigration; Stock Prices Plummet!

Old 02-05-2017, 07:13 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The commercial didn't offend me but the libs on this board do!

So true Tom - I sit here and see all this support for immigrants and watch all these marches and yet I sit here and think - why haven't these people been marching for better health care for our veterans? why aren't they marching for the poor homeless freezing out in the streets - many of them children - with no warm clothing, food or medical care - why do they not care for their own US citizens but feel such compassion for foreigners.

Libs - really why is the welfare of a foreigner more important to you than your own US citizens?
My, what short memories we have. Do you not remember our entire country is made up of IMMIGRANTS? Our country if one of the few in which hardly anyone who lives here is "native." We're all immigrants; some of us just arrived here later than others. The holier-than-thou attitude of some of you is unbelievable.

My father emigrated here from India in the 1970s. He did it the legal way, and is a successful petroleum engineer. Even though it was very difficult for him to receive his US citizenship and the immigration process was long, hard, and mired in miles of bureaucratic red tape, he doesn't consider himself better than people who came here illegally. He had a hard life in India and was looking for a better one here. He understands why people emigrate here: they are looking for a better life than the one they have because the one they are living in their home countries is full of poverty, illness, oppression, or violence. Are American "conservatives" really so selfish that feel that other human beings don't deserve safety, freedom, health, or jobs? And if you actually say yes to that, you need to look at yourself and your own moral code, not blame liberals for caring about "foreigners." We are all humans and ALL equal. This is not your country; this is our planet.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Why is it so hard for ignorant liberals to understand that legal immigrants are welcomed with open arms in this country. That is the way our ancestors came here. We don't want lawbreakers (illegals) storming the country. Come here legally or get deported. Simple.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Based on the heated discussion everywhere, looks like Bud achieved their goal.

No such thing as bad publicity or bad controversy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies