Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:29 PM

15,970 posts, read 7,032,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Try again when you learn how to construct a sentence.
May be when you learn to read you will understand grammar

Old 02-03-2017, 04:35 PM

15,970 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Anyone else out there interested in answering my OP?
I am not sure how to respond to it because there are so many qualifiers. Can you restate it in one or two sentences addressing those who are liberal and did not vote for Trump?

Old 02-03-2017, 04:41 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
How'd that work out for you?
All of us who voted for Gary Johnson knew he couldn't win. I fortunately vote in a noncompetitive state and knew my vote wouldn't help either of the possible winners --- a known corrupt, lying war hawk whose experience was, as Trump said, bad experience, or the inexperienced, unpredictable, bombastic R candidate.

As bad as the Obama hating fear mongerers were, the Trump hating fear mongerers are worse.

Last edited by jazzarama; 02-03-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Voted for Gary Johnson and the liberal tantrums have been ridiculous and hilarious.
I also voted for Gary Johnson, it isn't about voting for who you think might win, it's about voting for someone you would like to see in the White House. I have some friends that said they would have voted for Gary Johnson if they knew he could have won. I told them that if they don't vote for him he'll never win.

Like you, I find these liberal tantrums ridiculous, they need to stop acting like little children.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:18 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Most normal people find both the Trump worship and collective Trump azz kissing , and the whining and violence from the left to be ridiculous. The left lost because they ran about the crappiest candidate they could find, and then ran an even worse campaign on behalf of crappy candidate. They have no one to blame but themselves. But their stupidity left normal Americans to having to deal with a narcissistic and pathological liar and egomaniac . Hopefully he does more good than harm, but we could have done better than either candidate by shooting a rubber arrow into a crowded mall and making the person it stuck to POTUS.

I hope Trump is highly successful , but if not I hope the Dems find a decent candidate to put against him and not give us another turd vs douchebag choice.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:53 PM

90 posts, read 55,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sure. Its a mixture. While I don't really care all that much about the Muslim ban for example, I am truly offended that it was applied to Green card holders. I think its a disgrace that we blocked lawyers from seeing people who had a right to an attorney. So I guess I am on the side of the protestors on that one, but perhaps not for the reason people on the right suspect. The ban in general I believe will harm our efforts to resolve terrorism, and make us less safe by alienating many Muslims who are rational, and currently helping us. Trump has made it about religion which serves our enemies far more then it does us.

I'm horrified by Trumps staff. They lie, and are generally offensive.

I tried giving Trump a chance. But then..Bannon. Seriously, the guy is a danger to us. To ALL of us. The urge to reduce the sanctions on Russia is offensive. Trumps non stop discussion of himself is mind blowing. Denying he lost the popular vote, and denying the inauguration numbers make it clear to me that he really is not presidential material.

Offending Austrailia....really? Thats like entry level diplomacy-those guys LIKE us! And now people are apologizing for him. Thats...truly perturbing.

So, while I may feel that protesting him is important, its not for most of the reasons people here assume.

Are their responses good? Some of them. I'm 100% on board with peaceful protests, and I think the ACLU is one of the most important parts of the resistance to Trumps actions. Trumps responses to most of this seems intentionally designed to **** people off. And I have to say, thats not what i think should be done by someone who is supposed to represent us. But this board has shown me that theres a lot on the right that feel this is great. That dividing America, and fueling hatred is the way to go. So its not surprising that things are getting violent. A good example is the guy who was knocked down up here in Portland. He was literally screaming in peoples ears with a megaphone. He WANTED to be punched, and got it. I have ZERO sympathy for him. Just as I would if the situations were reversed. And yet for the right he is held up as some innocent victim, while they ignore him shoving people and screaming at them from 1 inch away with a megaphone.

The Berkley protests don't impress me. I didn't see anything there deserving of violence. But reading reports from the protestors-they don't know where these folks came from. They arent local. Many suspect its a false flag job, but who knows.

And the news. Trump loves to hate on them. He brought up the MLK bust being removed being fake news again....that was from one reporter that no one really knows. Trump makes it out like he is the victim of a huge conspiracy about it, and brings it up non stop. Its pathetic. And it damages faith in the vast majority of perfectly fine reporting.

Basically....other then violence, I am on board with most of it. But I am concerned that people always are assuming the worst too. Blaming Trump for everything no matter how minor. The guys a horrible childish president, we really don't have to make it worse. And many seem to want too. Mostly because he keeps insulting people, and encouraging the same behavior by his followers, then they act all self righteous when people are offended and push back.

This nonsense will destroy our country. Even now we will never ever be the same. When the next swing of democracy comes around the Democrats are going to make the Republicans truly regret this nonsense. Because after this they won't be interested in a president that represents all of us, they will find one that will just represent them. Just like we have with Trump. My big worry is that it will be from the extreme side just as Trump is.

Of particular concern is that it appears that Trump or his advisors are trying to get court orders ignored. Without our courts being able to be one of the checks and balances we're doomed.

That answer your question?
Thank You! Literally said every single thing I could possibly say. It's like talking in circles when we leave what real issues are and instead replace logic and problem solving with not getting past whom is right, dividing and name calling with blame that doesn't really make everything is ok. We have a president, election is over, there are a lot of immediate problems that need to be solved to address real issues and let's just move on.

I didn't vote for Trump, my family has so much to lose it's scary as the parent of a transgender youth and my husband only this past year having gotten his permanent residency from Italy; we sacrificed a lot of our life savings, personal belongings and being separated 18 months after being together as a family for 6 yrs (our family lived in Italy-we wanted our kids to have more options into their college years by returning to the states). We have a reason to really dislike Trump and fear everything right now. But I would really just like to see a plan and more unity. If there is some kind of positive leadership and maybe some kind of a real plan that showed logic, even my family could prepare and maybe be less targeted. Honestly, I just wanted to still give him a chance right after he was elected but it's just going so far away from what really matters that I don't know how we can go back to that without some kind of real guidance and leadership to the people here.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:15 PM

90 posts, read 55,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
1. you don't condone. you USE violence.
2. No where, at any time EVER did republican protesters against Mr. Obama burn down cities.
No where, at any time EVER did republican protesters against Mr. Obama beat thousands of people bloody pulps. NOWHERE.

There is on comparison between the actions of the left and the actions of the right. your side is despicable and intolerant. you use hate as a weapon.

denial isn't a river in Egypt.
At this point there is no comparison between the election of Obama and the election of Trump. Our country has not been so extreme nor divided in decades and never as a result of a president elect/president. This is a fact. It began the first time Trump spoke as a candidate. Obama's speeches were never filled with negativity, targeting minorities and deliberately using words and tactics meant to incite hate and dissension.

The original poster is quite correct. There have been extreme protest and violent actions by both sides and not indicative of an entire affiliation. To state you don't condone violence but will perform the action is completely at odds with the statement and makes no sense.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Your past comments show you betray that oath.

Let me guess, another passerby who got pay check and free stuff.

Go ahead and tell me otherwise, I KNOW you are a liar.
Wow, it takes a low sort of creature to question another mans service, I see there are some still around.
I doubt you know squat.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Most normal people find both the Trump worship and collective Trump azz kissing , and the whining and violence from the left to be ridiculous. The left lost because they ran about the crappiest candidate they could find, and then ran an even worse campaign on behalf of crappy candidate. They have no one to blame but themselves. But their stupidity left normal Americans to having to deal with a narcissistic and pathological liar and egomaniac . Hopefully he does more good than harm, but we could have done better than either candidate by shooting a rubber arrow into a crowded mall and making the person it stuck to POTUS.

I hope Trump is highly successful , but if not I hope the Dems find a decent candidate to put against him and not give us another turd vs douchebag choice.
Maybe if more of you "Normal Americans" had gotten off your arse and voted we would not be where we are. That ever cross your mind?

Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Anyone else out there interested in answering my OP?
I did not vote for Trump and would have answered except I got to the part where you semed to label people who didn't vote for Trump as liberals.

I don't care to be labeled. In some things I am liberal, in other aspects, conservative. Once I saw the tiresome liberal label pasted on everyone who did not vote for Trump, I knew no serious conversation was really intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies