Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:26 AM

845 posts, read 680,855 times

Advertisements

I voted for Hillary because Trump demonstrated he is unhinged on the campaign trail, and he has not changed one iota. The same brash tweeting and insulting of anyone who is opposed to him is child-like and not becoming of a President. His first two weeks have been a cluster**** to say the least.

I do not support him. I hope he fails. I stand in opposition to him, but I'm not going to go riot in the streets. I'll be voting Democrat all up and down the ticket (except Governor) to oppose him, and donating to Democrats so maybe we can get a majority to counter his regressive policies.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
We've had three months of crying, safety pin displaying, safe spacing, Hollywood videotaping, vote recounting, Russian accusing, Democrat obstructing, city destroying, p***y-hat wearing, fake news watching, dissatisfaction with the results of the 2016 election.

My question is for those who voted for someone other than Trump and/or who did not vote in the last election. For those who are NOT wholly invested in hating on Trump. What do you really think about what has been happening across the country?

How do the feel about the response from liberals who loathe Trump, his voters, and everything they stand for? Do you agree with their responses? Support their responses? Think their responses are good or bad for the country (and for the party)?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if there are any liberals on this site who are disgusted with how things are playing out among the people of this country, and who are willing to accept the results of the election and give Trump an honest chance to govern.

Anybody out there?
I've given him an honest chance. I've already seen plenty of evidence how he governs already and my ten year old nephew is a lot more mature than he is. That's why I'm disgusted. I don't care that a Republican president is in office; there have been several who have done a fine job. Trump is too headstrong, self centered, and boastful, and he needs to calm down to become a proper representative of our country before other countries really start to hate us.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:38 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
...I think the crying and temper tantrums across the nation are an embarrassment.
Of course you can't speak of crying and tantrums without mentioning the King Daddy of those things, Donald Trump.

Being an egomaniac as well as an elitist billionaire TV celebrity, he seems to focus more on "I'm soooo popular! Look how all my subjects love me!" than anything else.

I mean, the guy can't even handle an SNL skit without taking to Twitter all butt hurt and whining like a spoiled, bratty child. "Waaah! They were mean to me!"

He's a windbag, coward and crybaby who got where he is by lying, empty rhetoric (although nearly ALL politicians do that) and fomenting hate, fear and bigotry. He appeals to the worst aspects of human nature, and represents them. He is a man who aims for the lowest common denominator.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:39 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Unlike what you want to believe, liberals do not condone violence. The small group of agitators on the left are no worse than the small group on the right that acted out when Obama got elected. Most Trump supporters would probably be surprised at how widespread the dissatisfaction with the Trump presidency is.
1. you don't condone. you USE violence.
2. No where, at any time EVER did republican protesters against Mr. Obama burn down cities.
No where, at any time EVER did republican protesters against Mr. Obama beat thousands of people bloody pulps. NOWHERE.

There is on comparison between the actions of the left and the actions of the right. your side is despicable and intolerant. you use hate as a weapon.

denial isn't a river in Egypt.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
I support the protests but do not condone any violence associated with it.

I don't believe the level of anger and agitation would be this high if any other Republican Candidate won the Presidency. I think their anger is justified but not their actions. There were also violence when Obama was elected and re-elected.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:44 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
2. No where, at any time EVER did republican protesters against Mr. Obama burn down cities.
No where, at any time EVER did republican protesters against Mr. Obama beat thousands of people bloody pulps. NOWHERE.
The same could be said when George Bush was elected into office after Clinton. The difference was that President George Bush came off as a statesman regardless of his political views and Trump comes off as a threat and bully.

Obama was also a statesman. There were small pockets of violence from groups that didn't want to accept that a black man was elected to office. They saw that as a threat because of their prejudice.. fortunately small group. The vast majority of the Republican population may not agree with Obama but he never was never perceived as threat to them individually.

I do understand Trump's style is to hit hard. That's fine when those that you "hit hard" against those considered your equals in business dealings, board room, and on the TV. When you are in an office of great power a certain finesse should be taken... hitting hard against groups that are below you in terms of wealth, power, and influence is absolutely taken as a threat.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:54 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I did not vote for Trump. I did not vote for Clinton. People have the right to peacefully protest about whatever is bothering them. Violence is not acceptable. I do wish people would do their research before attending protests because many of the people I have seen interviewed at these protests seem to have no clue why they are there or are just repeating something others are saying. I am saddened when I see young people use vulgar expressions instead of facts to back up their protest. i have seen too many people screaming and shouting over one another instead of having a civil open discourse with eachother.

I wish people would report accurate facts and be honest about what is really going on. People get mad and fly off the handle before knowing the truth. Do your research. Don't go to twitter for news. Get the facts straight before you say something. Don't spread false information.

it's frustrating.
I agree with you.

I especially wish the president would follow this advice. He's not setting a very good example.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I do not condone violent protest or destruction of either private or public property; however, I do support our Constitutional right to gather peacefully in protest of that which we believe is unjust.

Personally, I have never believed that Donald Trump is fit to serve as president, and nothing he has done in office has disabused me of that notion. As for safety pins and pink hats, they are a form of free speech, which is granted to all Americans. I wear neither, but I'm perfectly okay with those who do.

This sums up my position, as well.

Further, OP, how is any citizen - or group of citizens - preventing Trump from being able to govern?

Old 02-03-2017, 06:57 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm disgusted by all the anti-Trump hatred. The knee-jerk reactions, the sheer stupidity, hypocrisy, closed-mindedness, arrogance. UGH. I'm sick of it! For example, I just saw the thread about the nationwide strike to be held on Feb 17, and I'm thinking wtf??? Everyone is supposed to skip work because...????

The more anti-Trump hatred I hear, the more I feel myself wanting to cheer him on and support him. (I don't even understand that about myself---some psychological reaction I guess). He is an odd guy, and has said/done things I strongly disagree with, but he is our president now, and we should all want him to succeed. But the left would never want to admit that he is capable of doing even one ounce of good.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 AM

19,775 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

There is on comparison between the actions of the left and the actions of the right. your side is despicable and intolerant. you use hate as a weapon.

denial isn't a river in Egypt.
Well let's get a little dramatic with the reality, lol.

Cities burned and thousands beat up, lol..

I got news gor you.. The alt right bs machine fed the vitriol and hate that the kid in SC fed on that finally caused him to snap and kill a bunch of black churchgoers.

The far right is not innocent of fomenting violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies