Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
He condoned hitting back. What are they supposed to do, allow the DNC hired thugs to beat and maim people?
He sounded like a moron...the most un-Presidential things I have ever heard have spewed from this idiot's pie hole...
Quote:
“I’d like to punch him in the face, I’ll tell you.”

“In the good old days this doesn’t happen, because they used to treat them very, very rough.”

“I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher, folks.”

“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would ya? Seriously. Just knock the hell out of them.”

He demonizes protesters at his rallies as “vicious,” and on Sunday several times he repeated the lie that the man who stormed the stage in Ohio was linked to ISIS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/o...ence.html?_r=0
Quote:
At a press conference in Florida earlier on Friday, Trump was asked about his rhetoric in the wake of an incident in which a supporter at a rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina,
sucker-punched a black man in the face.

While he wasn't asked about that specific altercation, Trump said of violent behavior in general at his events: "The audience hit back and that's what we need a little bit more of."

He also praised people using physical force at his rallies as "appropriate."

All the times Trump has called for violence at his rallies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 10:34 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Funny how liberals just can't take personal responsibility and answer the question. They always believe two wrongs make a right.
These are anarchists who hide their faces. The women's march had half a million and there was no violence.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:50 PM

772 posts, read 390,875 times
The liberals are really doing a good job of causing people to stay away from the Dem party.

Interesting how the truth about the Democratic Party's liberal radical supporters are being exposed to the American people.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I agree and some of the Trump supporters are conveniently forgetting that he condoned violence at his rallies.

We also cannot normalize hate speech as that is how Fascism and dangerous and radical forms of government infiltrate.
Who decides what is "hate speech" you? Is it the left or right? Who exactly and what criteria should be used?

Old 02-05-2017, 07:06 AM

27,154 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Are you proud of Dylann Roof or Alexandre Bissonnette?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We like them as much as you like David Duke.

Odd how the Right ridicules and condemns them while the Left remains silent in speaking out against the violence and destruction of the anarchists.

You both have no point at all.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Funny how liberals just can't take personal responsibility and answer the question. They always believe two wrongs make a right.
Nothing personal, but it is kind of a ridiculous question. I take personal responsibility for myself, not others over whom I have no control.

I don't endorse anyone acting violently or destructively, and I disagree with extremism in general, but I don't feel 'proud' or 'ashamed' of people I don't know. I do understand the anger, but don't condone violence. Happy?

Now, about those Stormfront and Klan members...maybe I missed it, but when was the last time the alt-right condemned their hateful speech and philosophy?

Old 02-05-2017, 07:48 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I will continue to post on these ridiculous threads that say "all liberals" this and that. Any idiot who claims that the actions of a few represent the thoughts and feelings of the majority is trying to start something. And that definitely should not be tolerated!
OK, so you don't believe in freedom of speech.

BTW, the founding fathers didn't give us the First Amendment so we could talk about the weather.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:52 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Now, about those Stormfront and Klan members...maybe I missed it, but when was the last time the alt-right condemned their hateful speech and philosophy?
You will have to ask members of the alt right (whatever that is). I don't know any.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nothing personal, but it is kind of a ridiculous question. I take personal responsibility for myself, not others over whom I have no control.

I don't endorse anyone acting violently or destructively, and I disagree with extremism in general, but I don't feel 'proud' or 'ashamed' of people I don't know. I do understand the anger, but don't condone violence. Happy?

Yep, you missed it (not surprised btw)...

Old 02-05-2017, 08:36 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
In days of old Democrats used to dress in white robes and called themselves the KKK, today they dress in black and call themselves liberals and progressives.

true

and

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies