Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 08:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,484,729 times

Advertisements

Let me put it this way.

1) There is a contract a man and woman can agree to where they can have any arrangement of child support, no child support l, parental rights, no parental rights... before a child is born. I provided a link earlier.

2) A man and a woman have contraception they can both use independently of each other to keep a child from being conceived (and men can even be temporarily sterilized with a vasectomy).

If a man and a woman choose to have sex with each other, any result of that is their shared problem if they didn't bother to do item 1 or 2. They both had a chance to "opt out" of parenthood and they chose not to take it. They have one last option as a couple (abortion) and yeah, the woman gets last call on that (but hey, the man had his surgical option too with a vasectomy and didn't take it). But at least they have that last option.

If combined they take none of these options available to them, their child is their responsibility, not the rest of us and our tax money. One or both of them should not be able to drop a baby in society's lap and say, " I screwed up, can you pay for my kid."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 05:27 AM

626 posts, read 381,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just men? That's BLATANTLY sexist.
the problem seems to be they think women are devoid of any potential responsibility...sexist much?

Old 02-10-2017, 06:06 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,484,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
the problem seems to be they think women are devoid of any potential responsibility...sexist much?
No one is saying women aren't just as responsible, the argument I am countering is that somehow men are so uneducated and so naive about how pregnancy happens and how to avoid it that they should bear no responsibility in a woman they have sex with getting pregnant. The argument is somehow the man should be free of financial obligation in the matter. I say that's bogus. Men know sex can cause pregnancy, men know about condoms and spermicides how to use them. I don't buy the, "the woman tricked me I'm a victim so the tax payers should bail me out and pay my share of the child's expenses," excuse.

It's simple. If a person wants to avoid an unwanted pregnancy don't have sex with someone you don't know and trust and don't have sex without taking care of your own birth control (man or woman). And if you screw up and conceive a child, take care of your own and don't expect the rest of us to bail you out with social programs. You made the choice that lead to the child, you deal with your choices and leave the rest of us out of it. If you can't take responsibility for the possibile outcome of sex, abstain.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:01 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,056,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only if the woman can't support the child. And if she can't, she should have aborted. She has that choice.

It's extremely selfish to bear a child one cannot support, especially when the choice to abort is available.

do you advocate for forced abortion? what about the millions of women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy that do not believe in abortion or adoption?

Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 AM

25,857 posts, read 16,563,286 times
Two wrongs don't make a right. I have no idea why it's the baby's fault that the rape occurred.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
the problem for a great deal of men who don't want to be parents refuse to use birth control, then they get up in arms when they have an unwanted pregnancy. they need to mind their own sperm. millions of men seem to find a way never to have children to support if they don't want one.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. I have no idea why it's the baby's fault that the rape occurred.
no it isn't the baby's fault, nor is it the victims, she has the right to not take the pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to. it's victimizing and punishing her for being a victim of rape.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:07 AM

25,857 posts, read 16,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no it isn't the baby's fault, nor is it the victims, she has the right to not take the pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to. it's victimizing and punishing her for being a victim of rape.
I agree that in the case of rape is absolutely no ones business but the woman and her conscience.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:10 AM

89,159 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Not just men of course, but if men are that worried about getting a woman pregnant and having to pay support (which is what I was talking about) then yes, they have to be more careful.
So do women. Don't be so sexist.

If a woman can choose to abort an unwanted child, a man can likewise choose to opt out of any and all legal and financial responsibility for an unwanted child

Old 02-10-2017, 10:12 AM

89,159 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
It's egregiously sexist. And quite frankly, I'm disappointed by the number of women in this thread who insist on using the 'women are incompetent' excuse in regards to fertility control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies