Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 06:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Please cover up good keep the night monsters away,,
Oh, so you see no threat posed by those who practice a very radical form of Islam? They're just 'nice peaceful people.' Right.
"We are here for a purpose - We are here not to just be nice to people, but to bring Islamic ways to this country" — Asim Ghafoor, Saudi Lobbyist who represented terrorist organization "Al Haramain Islamic Foundation"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Its a temporary ban, not permanent.

(CNN)Since declaring its caliphate in June 2014, the self-proclaimed Islamic State has conducted or inspired more than 140 terrorist attacks in 29 countries other than Iraq and Syria, where its carnage has taken a much deadlier toll. Those attacks have killed at least 2,043 people and injured thousands more.

ISIS goes global: Mapping ISIS attacks around the world - CNN.com

Each of those stories are shared on the link above. Now if you can read those brief stories and share here why you disagree with the ban, do explain.
Oh, but they're just nice 'peaceful' people. They mean us no harm.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:10 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, but they're just nice 'peaceful' people. They mean us no harm.
They aren't the ones dropping bombs on multiple countries. When we are doing that how exactly do we expect others to be non violent?

Old 02-04-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Exact same thing? I don't think so.

The 2011 ban followed the discovery that 2 Iraqi refugees in Bowling Green were funneling funds to terrorists and one of them had previously engaged in warfare in Iraq.

This is the incident that the always calculated Kellyanne referred to as the Bowling Green Massacre, cept it was not. Best I can tell it was a pause to go back and take a closer look at Iraqi refugees who had been resettled.

The Trump ban did not follow an event and was not limited to just one country of interest.

I don't have a particular issue with the ban. It 's all about the knee jerk execution, instead of a 360 review by all agencies involved. When a POTUS sneezes, the entire admin gets covered in snot.
Nothing has changed since 2011, yet we have allowed literally thousands unfettered entry, with some disastrous results (Orlando, San Bernardino, and more recently, Cincinnati). There are likely hundreds of ISIS inspired Muslims who have been allowed to enter as "refugees," and they are ticking time bombs.

It was irresponsible of Obama to be letting thousands of these people in with no possibility of knowing who they are.

You really don't like Kellyanne much, do you.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:13 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Looks like Trump has one more person to get rid of.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:34 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
No, it doesn't affect you until you're bound. Either through your own district or circuit.

It's what's called persuasive authority but isn't binding on your jurisdiction.

Imagine if every ruling in AZ affected citizens in NY until NY said otherwise.
The Federal Judge in Seattle temporarily lifted the ban, the federal government gave direction to the airlines to resume as before. So yes it appears his direction is binding to all jurisdictions including the federal government, I was not aware of that but I will leave the reasons that is true to the great legal minds on CD.

The justice department indicated they will file an emergency stay to continue the ban as soon as possible. This will end up in the courts, maybe even the supreme court (all 8 of them).
The justice departments argument as to why this is an emergency should prove interesting, welcome aboard Jeff Sessions.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:35 AM

372 posts, read 521,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
This Seattle judge needs to be put in his place. This country has no need for activist judges.
He gave no explanation of what language in the constitution was violated.
Judge Robart probed a Justice Department lawyer on what he called the "litany of harms" suffered by Washington state's universities, and also questioned the administration's use of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States as a justification for the ban.

The Judge asked the federal government lawyer, Michelle Bennett, if there had been any terrorist attacks by people from the seven counties listed in Mr Trump's order since 9/11. Ms Bennet said she did not know.

"The answer is none. You're here arguing we have to protect from these individuals from these countries, and there's no support for that," Judge Robart said.

For President Trump's order to be constitutional, Judge Robart said, it had to be "based in fact, as opposed to fiction."

White House hits back after federal judge blocks Donald Trump

Is this explanation clear enough for you?

Old 02-04-2017, 06:39 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
They really are out to ruin and bring down this man, politics and politcians stink.. its a witchhunt, sad losers.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:42 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Nothing has changed since 2011, yet we have allowed literally thousands unfettered entry, with some disastrous results (Orlando, San Bernardino, and more recently, Cincinnati). There are likely hundreds of ISIS inspired Muslims who have been allowed to enter as "refugees," and they are ticking time bombs.

It was irresponsible of Obama to be letting thousands of these people in with no possibility of knowing who they are.

You really don't like Kellyanne much, do you.
This XO is not curing the immigration problem from Mexico, most of the terror attacks have come from people that were here for years. How does this order address home grown terror.

Theses countries were already vetted if he wanted to improve the system particularly the Visa program with Extreme Vetting (whatever that is) he could have simply taken the time and changed the policy over time, there was no emergency that required this radical action. Even with what we knew back in 2011 immigration didn't come to a complete stop. This was radical.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:43 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry. My misunderstanding. Too much going on. Too many Bushes too.

All I've been hearing is "Bush appointed judge.. .." and I swear I heard he was a Republican.

Not making excuses for my faux pas, but I might be thinking of the judge in Massachusetts who was appointed by Bush 41, but I'm not sure if he's a Republican or Democrat.

Nancy, you were correct Skezo lied. Washington doesn't even register by Party. This judge was appointed by Bush 43 in 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies