Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 12:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The lady that did that was very rightly called out and reprimanded for it. "They"...ok.

Grabbing ones wallet is a great way to make a political statement. Why do you have a problem with it? It's obviously working.
Lady.. you are funny. It is hate , pure and simple. Hate for the Trump family because the left is not in power.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:14 PM

381 posts, read 177,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thank you for answering my previous question. Yes, apparently you truly are this clueless. It has absolutely nothing to do with why Nordstrom made their business decision. NOTHING WHATSOEVER. The issue is, the President of the United States is publicly bashing a company because they made a business decision that is financially unfavorable to him or his family.

Do you understand how inappropriate it is to use his position to do this?

No, you probably don't.

Good grief, the level of ignorance among the cult astounds me afresh on a daily basis.

Sorry, the memo that was circulated apparently focused on "diversity, inclusion, and respect" just days before dropping Ivanka's brand. For you to say with such certainty that the immigration ban and her father's actions had nothing to with dropping her brand is quite silly. I have already acknowledged that Nordstrom made a business decision, but I won't rule out a politically-motivated decision. Their business, their choice, but I stand by what I posted. As for Trump bashing the company--I don't consider calling it "unfair" bashing--unnecessary? Yes. For those on the left who constantly call him an illegitimate and "so-called" President, you guys sure are giving him a lot of power to hurt Nordstrom's business. Carry on with your GrabYourWallet boycott--seems to be working.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Can you imagine the reaction if Obama or any prior POTUS filed a lawsuit vs a publisher for making unsubstantiated remarks about Michelle or one of his kids because it damaged their "once in a lifetime commercial opportunity"?
Obama's children were not attacked. The right has more class than the left could ever have.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
And Nordstrom has every right to do whatever the heck they want. Don't shop there if you don't like their policies (which you ALSO have every right to do).

The POTUS, however, does NOT have every right to get involved. This is crony capitalism at best, and authoritarian dictatorship at worst.
It is called Freedom of Speech. Also the left is the bully pushing for boycotts. Hateful bunch of twits marching about something or other. People are sick of them now.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
It's a huge deal.
He's already proven that his tweets can impact stock market prices and sales.

L.L. Bean has fallen all over itself in last few weeks trying "to distance ourselves from an unfortunate and unwanted political situation."

Seems the Federal Election Commission had accused Linda Bean, a partial owner and board member of the company, of making excessive contributions to the Making America Great Again LLC.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle and Trump tweeted, "Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage. People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean."

Seems they didn't appreciate his marketing efforts.

Does a Donald Trump Endorsement Actually Hurt a Brand? | Vanity Fair

I can't tell you how many of their canvas tote bags I've ordered over the years. They are sturdy and well made. Filled with this, that, and the other, they make great gifts.

I've ordered my last L.L. Bean tote bag.

Duluth Pack gets my tote bag business from now on.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's children were not attacked. The right has more class than the left could ever have.
so his children are under attack just because...? Looks like you were a good student just like your president who said -

“I was a good student. I understand things. I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody."

Trump offers his own oral argument defending travel ban - POLITICO

Old 02-08-2017, 12:18 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Can you imagine the reaction if Obama or any prior POTUS filed a lawsuit vs a publisher for making unsubstantiated remarks about Michelle or one of his kids because it damaged their "once in a lifetime commercial opportunity"?
No surprise here. Melania views the White House the same way her husband does, as an opportunity to cash in on the position. She views the FLOTUS as a money-making scheme and is pissed because she might not be able to rake the bucks in now. What a wonderful role model she will make.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:18 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Lady.. you are funny. It is hate , pure and simple. Hate for the Trump family because the left is not in power.
Tell yourself whatever you want. I'm not a lady, as well.

Trump very much deserves to be called out for many of his egregious actions (such as this one). If you view that as "hatred" then that's on you.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:19 PM

275 posts, read 185,772 times
Trump is going to get himself impeached. He cannot keep his mouth shut up

Old 02-08-2017, 12:22 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Businesses may want to do everything they can to avoid being associated with Trump, or God forbid, have him tweet about your company's products.

According to an analysis on Brookings.com, the counties that went for Trump were responsible for just 36% of the the nation's output, while the counties that Clinton carried "encompassed a massive 64% of America’s economic activity as measured by total output in 2015.'

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/

The best bet would be to avoid politics altogether as Nordstrom tried to do. Just base your business decisions on numbers.

But if you have to pick a side, it would seem that choosing the side that has 2/3rds of the economic activity, and presumably 2/3rds of the money would be the smart move.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-08-2017 at 12:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies