Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 03:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
$hit hit the fan in social media before his tweet.
I saw.... there were some really damning tweets over the fact that this tweet occurred during the Intel briefing.

I guess he really doesn't pay attention. Possibly doesn't even attend.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:48 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You have got to be joking.

First off... Nordstrom is a private company and (as such) can feel free to disassociate itself with any other private company if it chooses. If Ivanka's stuff was making them good money, they would not have gotten rid of it. They are in it for their shareholders, after all. They saw an opportunity to drop an underperforming brand, all while earning some political good will from people who don't like Trump. That's fair in PRIVATE business.

A PUBLIC official cannot use the POTUS Twitter account to attack a private, US business. Come on.
He keeps doing it and attacks some one always in Twitter. I think, he is going to fall by a tweet eventually.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yet, in the OP's article, spicer defends the action:

"Press Secretary Sean Spicer defended the president's use of the @POTUS handle"

Guess y'all are using alternative facts for your rebuttals, because it looks like the administration feels like they did indeed use the account that you say he didn't use.
I took a screen shot of it earlier, myself. I know exactly what was on there and it was indeed from the POTUS account.

The original tweet was from his personal account. It was retweeted on the POTUS account.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Oh. My. God! This is Earth-shattering news!! LOL
It is far more serious than you're trying to make it out to be.

It's about communication and the office of the POTUS.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, good grief, no one "hates" the "Trump family". This is about misuse of Presidential power, and crossing the line between the personal and the public office. Had Trump restricted his comment to his private site, it still would have been questionable and would have drawn criticism as inappropriate, but it would not have been widely condemned as did his posting it to the official site of the President of the United States of America.

For the record, it appears to me that the adult Trump offspring are nice and attractive young people who are hardworking and who care about one another a lot. Ivanka seems to be bright and to have a level head. She also has some really cute little kids, and she seems to be a good mom. It's nice that she wants to run her own business, since given the family's wealth, she would never need to turn a hand. I am sure her father is benefitting by her counsel - if he listens to it.

I think Melania is a very pretty lady. I feel a great deal of sympathy for young Barron, who's in a difficult position - as are all minor children of Presidents.

I wish Donald Trump well and pray for him. I hope he will be roaringly successful as President.

I do not "hate the Trump family", and I doubt if anyone posting here hates them.

But I don't like the man himself. I think he has dangerous weaknesses of character and intellect, and I think he's bad for our country. It's nice that he worries about his kids and wants to support them, but this is not the way, as should not need saying. I still dislike and distrust him - but I don't hate him.

Got it now?
I might hate Donald at this point. Loathe is probably closer to it.

The rest of them? I agree with all that you said here. I'm sure they're decent people. I just think he's a horrible president. Maybe he will improve, but I do not look to 70yo men to radically change their personalities.

Old dog, new tricks... that sort of deal.

Frankly, I'd feel better if Ivanka was president. She seems very level headed and intelligent.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Why is he wasting tax payer dollars and time on the clock as POTUS to slam business related to private affairs? Shouldn't this jack*ss be worrying more about things like N. Korea's ICBMs, SCS aggression, growing the economy, etc.? What a joke.
You'd think. It's really bizarre. If the US is as screwed up as he claims and we need to MAGA and all... why's he tweeting about ladies fashion?

Old 02-08-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I will admit that I own a black, hip-length vest. Bought it last fall at TJMaxx.

It's just very basic clothing.
Sounds reasonable. I cannot say I'd turn one down if it fit well and it was at TJ Maxx prices.

I cannot see me buying it full retail, though. But, I rarely do that unless a piece is really nice or I need to grab something quickly. Last time I did that was for a Calvin Klein LBD for a cocktail party.

It's still a really great piece.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
At TJMaxx? The reseller for stuff that nobody wants to buy at full price. duhhh... no wonder all those top shelf retailers are shedding her line.
Well, to be fair... TJ Maxx gets a bunch of overstock. It's not always stuff nobody wants. Sometimes it's stuff that people just ordered too much of.

But, yeah... a good amount is stuff that nobody wanted.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
He keeps doing it and attacks some one always in Twitter. I think, he is going to fall by a tweet eventually.
There is, no doubt, a collection of them archived someplace by now. Just in case he deletes them.

Then again, if he does this where the world can see, what does he do when all of us aren't looking?

Old 02-08-2017, 03:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The dems construe everything Trump does as an impeachable offense. LoL

Nah, most is just whining like a spoiled 6 year old brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies