Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 09:12 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL!!! Trolling the limp wristed liberal snowflakes - Donald J. Trump

Nordstroms stock took a big hit, in an already slumping market share!
TRUMP is THE BOSS!
This is AWESOME!
Finally a leader with Brass Balls.

What? I cant do that.... Watch this! Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!
LOVE IT!
Huh? Nordstrom stock is up. JWN Stock Quote - Nordstrom Inc. Stock Price Today (JWN:NYSE) - MarketWatch

If Trump supporters want to support his daughter, go buy her clothes, not sure why Trump blames Nordstrom.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:19 PM

435 posts, read 431,693 times
I voted for Trump but I don't think the Nordstrom tweet today was appropriate. So I have to balance that against the things he has done thus far which I do approve of.

You don't have to blindly follow someone. You have to look at the good vs. the bad and make a reasonable decision if overall the relationship benefits you.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,116,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's children were not attacked. The right has more class than the left could ever have.
That was ever true, this election cycle has shown how quickly they were willing to throw class and integrity right out the window. Trump is the most classless person to have ever held the office of the presidency. And his followers are now allowing him to get away things they never would have under any other president. I am quickly losing respect for anyone who continues to be his cheerleader, rather than at least acknowledge some of his ridiculous and un-American actions.

Ivanka's an adult who uses her name and connections to run a multimillion dollar business, and her husband is officially a senior political advisor to the POTUS. Anything that you consider an "attack" I'm sure she can handle.

Instead, feel sorry for all the folks who lives have been turned upside down by that Baffoon y'all actually elected to become President of the United States of America.

Sad!

Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
so his children are under attack just because...? Looks like you were a good student just like your president who said -

“I was a good student. I understand things. I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody."

Trump offers his own oral argument defending travel ban - POLITICO
Oh my...I'm scared to click the link...did he really say that...? It certainly sounds like some stupid crap he would say...

Never mind, I don't want to know. It's just too much stupid to deal with tonight.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If Rump was caught on camera having gay sex and he said it's not true, you'd believe him and call it fake news
Kinda like how the liberal Hilary lovers believed she did a great job as secretary of state?

I'm a Trump supporter and have no problem saying that he needs to cut out the twitter crap. It is not helping him one bit.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:34 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,015 times
The American jobs president, attacks an American company for not selling his daughters product that are made in China.

What a frickin joke.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:38 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
That was ever true, this election cycle has shown how quickly they were willing to throw class and integrity right out the window. Trump is the most classless person to have ever held the office of the presidency. And his followers are now allowing him to get away things they never would have under any other president. I am quickly losing respect for anyone who continues to be his cheerleader, rather than at least acknowledge some of his ridiculous and un-American actions.

Ivanka's an adult who uses her name and connections to run a multimillion dollar business, and her husband is officially a senior political advisor to the POTUS. Anything that you consider an "attack" I'm sure she can handle.

Instead, feel sorry for all the folks who lives have been turned upside down by that Baffoon y'all actually elected to become President of the United States of America.

Sad!
Whose lives have been turned upside down?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,121,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Kinda like how the liberal Hilary lovers believed she did a great job as secretary of state?

I'm a Trump supporter and have no problem saying that he needs to cut out the twitter crap. It is not helping him one bit.
So... Trump tweeted inappropriately as POTUS and BUT HILLARY!

Trump is great. He alone can fix everything.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
this is simply shocking. Trump has no self control and using the presidential platform is a breach of ethics and both the LEFT and the RIGHT know this.

Trump is a disgraceful man.
I agree. This is bullying and a very dangerous precedent.

What's even worse is that Nordstrom is an American company that employs about 80,000 Americans. Not only did the President send a tweet, but Don Jr. sent a tweet telling all women to cut up their Nordstrom credit cards! Nordstrom never said anything negative about Ivanka and is only cutting inventory that hasn't been selling. It was a business decision. Many retail stores across the country are closing. Didn't Macy's announce last year that 100 store would close in 2017? Unless I'm mistaken, that retailer also sells Ivanka Trump products.

In any case, even though I doubt any of these tweets are illegal, but they are disgraceful and unethical.

[url]https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/829508722611351552[/url]

Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, good grief, no one "hates" the "Trump family". This is about misuse of Presidential power, and crossing the line between the personal and the public office. Had Trump restricted his comment to his private site, it still would have been questionable and would have drawn criticism as inappropriate, but it would not have been widely condemned as did his posting it to the official site of the President of the United States of America.

For the record, it appears to me that the adult Trump offspring are nice and attractive young people who are hardworking and who care about one another a lot. Ivanka seems to be bright and to have a level head. She also has some really cute little kids, and she seems to be a good mom. It's nice that she wants to run her own business, since given the family's wealth, she would never need to turn a hand. I am sure her father is benefitting by her counsel - if he listens to it.

I think Melania is a very pretty lady. I feel a great deal of sympathy for young Barron, who's in a difficult position - as are all minor children of Presidents.

I wish Donald Trump well and pray for him. I hope he will be roaringly successful as President.

I do not "hate the Trump family", and I doubt if anyone posting here hates them.

But I don't like the man himself. I think he has dangerous weaknesses of character and intellect, and I think he's bad for our country. It's nice that he worries about his kids and wants to support them, but this is not the way, as should not need saying. I still dislike and distrust him - but I don't hate him.

Got it now?
Very well stated!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies