Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 12:38 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

What would trump do if he caught an employee conducting personal business on company time?

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Despite Nordstrom’s public statement that the store was the dropping Ivanka's line of clothing simply due to poor performance, it’s clear from reading the store's internal memo (see the memo in article below), that the company does not support Trump’s executive order on the temporary ban of seven countries and the President's policy was the reason for discontinuing business dealings with Ivanka.

Before Nordstrom Cut Ties with Ivanka, Its Three Presidents Sent This Memo About the Muslim Ban to Employees - Slog - The Stranger

It is unfair to punish Ivanka for her father's decisions as President. Should Ivanka's children be banned from their school, too, for being grandchildren of the President? How about Ivanka's friends? Should Ivanka's friends be shunned for their friendship with her?

I don't understand this hatefulness by the Left. Progressives are vile.

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He's bashing a private company over a family matter. When does this become abuse of power?
When communicated via official Twitter account of the President of the United States, how is it NOT?

381 posts, read 177,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Let's take a closer look at the Ivanka brand and failures .

She once has a very high end jewelry boutique on Madison Ave. She closed it because it was not profitable and figured her products were more aligned with her peers, a younger demographic, down town.

Then she opened a SoHo boutique in late 2011. Six months before her father announced his intention to run in the primary, she was looking to sublet the space because the business was not profitable. The store was shuttered before space ( $395k /yr) could be sublet.

Businesses fail all the time and the Trump name is not immune to this. I wouldn't have even bothered with this thread if not for the memo I recently read about that was sent right before Nordstrom dropped her: "In the note, brothers Peter, Erik, and Blake Nordstrom told employees of the company that they would do all they could to help those who might be impacted by the ban while celebrating the many things the immigrant community have contributed to the retailer over the years."

Old 02-08-2017, 12:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
You're going round in a circle here. I've already acknowledged Nordstrom is free to look out for their interests, as is Neiman Marcus, etc. I still don't consider Trump posting what he did on his personal account bashing (minus the retweet), especially when a lot of companies are not associating with him because of his position, and have now turned to his daughter Ivanka. She may accompany her father here and there, but still is a private citizen whose brand is now the target for business as well as politically-motivated reasons. It's one thing to go after him, but entirely another to go after his daughter. If Trump calling it unfair is bashing, then so be it. I'm not about to call a tweet a misuse of power--Nordstrom will do just fine.
He's the PRESIDENT for God's sake. Why isn't he busy doing things that matter?

Personally, I hope he never stops. Every tweet and every outburst convinces more people that he's completely in over his head. When enough people speak up, Congress will discover its spine and stop supporting his asinine proposals.

Tweet on, President Dumbass.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:41 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
He's bashing a private company over a family matter. When does this become abuse of power?
It already is.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:42 PM

381 posts, read 177,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
He's the PRESIDENT for God's sake. Why isn't he busy doing things that matter?

Personally, I hope he never stops. Every tweet and every outburst convinces more people that he's completely in over his head. When enough people speak up, Congress will discover its spine and stop supporting his asinine proposals.

Tweet on, President Dumbass.

I have criticized him for his unnecessary tweets that can be often immature, i.e. Apprentice ratings and I believe about SNL as well. Tina Fey said before the Inauguration that it was beneath a President to do so, and I agree. I don't blindly support anyone.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
This is quite different than Nordstrom dropping the line entirely in what seems to be a politically motivated as well as a business decision. It is just the latest in a line of businesses who have dropped Ivanka because of who her father is, along with Belk, Neiman Marcus, shoes.com, etc., even though her personal beliefs might be quite different even though her and Jared have said to fight for LGBT protection in the workplace. He's speaking out for the treatment of his daughter. Would he have been better off not tweeting anything? Sure. He's likely frustrated what his position is doing for his daughter, but I support the right of the companies to look out for their own interests as well.
Stores can choose to disassociate themselves with designers and manufacturers over politics if they want. This has been happening since the dawn of retail.

Customers can choose not to shop at those stores if they disagree.

But, the President of the United States tweet blasting Nordstrom on his private account and then RETWEETING that mess on the OFFICIAL POTUS account?

That is beyond the damned pale.

It just is.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Considering it came from the official POTUS account, it's already an abuse of power.

I can't believe anyone is justifying this. This is very scary stuff.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thank you for answering my previous question. Yes, apparently you truly are this clueless. It has absolutely nothing to do with why Nordstrom made their business decision. NOTHING WHATSOEVER. The issue is, the President of the United States is publicly bashing a company because they made a business decision that is financially unfavorable to him or his family.

Do you understand how inappropriate it is to use his position to do this?

No, you probably don't.

Good grief, the level of ignorance among the cult astounds me afresh on a daily basis.
You mean they buckled under political bullying don't you.

See link in post #123
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies