Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Will The Appeals Court Do?
Votes to Reinstate the Executive Order 37 29.84%
Votes to Continue the Stay by the Seattle Court 77 62.10%
Votes to Restrict New Visitors Only 7 5.65%
Votes to Send the Stay Back to Seattle 3 2.42%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:38 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Go outside and get some sun tomorrow. With all due respect, you sound unhinged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 08:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get real. Many incidents involving terrorists are not reported. We don't hear of every murder or drug bust either. They select what stories to run. Get enlightened.
Ok, then please provide some evidence of that because to me that makes no sense. The media is on terrorist attacks like flies on poop, it is just inconceivable that they sit around and decide to "ignore" some of them. And using the non reporting of drug busts or homicides is just a false equivalence. There simply is no comparison to reporting that Johnny was caught with some meth and that a Terrorist attack occurred.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
To be honest, I think it's entirely possible that Steve Bannon is pushing Trump to issue some of these executive orders and is actually sabotaging him. Bannon has gone on record stating that he wants to blow up the whole system and impeachment proceedings or a constitutional crisis would be a big step in making that happen. Trump is naive and wants desperately to be liked, that makes him vulnerable to manipulation by dangerous people like Bannon and Putin. And for the record, I hope I am wrong.
I do believe that Bannon is calling the shots. Bannon needs Trump to win and implement his agenda. If Trump screws up and get's impeached, then Bannon and all his Apocalyptic apprentices are persona non grata and finito. It will be Pence and Priebus out front and the republican establishment running the show.
I never thought I'd be praying for such an outcome but it's the best of worst worlds for now.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:43 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Ok, then please provide some evidence of that because to me that makes no sense. The media is on terrorist attacks like flies on poop, it is just inconceivable that they sit around and decide to "ignore" some of them. And using the non reporting of drug busts or homicides is just a false equivalence. There simply is no comparison to reporting that Johnny was caught with some meth and that a Terrorist attack occurred.
Weren't trump's lawyers asked for specific evidence on risk and couldn't provide any?

Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
Quote:
It's not going to happen, there have been efforts to do that in the past. States do not have a right to decide what circuit court they are in.
With a majority of congress/local/state governments in GOP hands, and dems losing over 1000 seats during obama's reign and the loony left taking over the democrat party, which I'm guessing most the country will continue to reject, I think you should change your statement to "you hope it won't happen" vs "it's not going to happen". And given hope is often postponed disappointment, hope is overrated anyways so scratch that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
How does it change anything? All it does is split the Circuit up, it would still have the same power.
The article I provided provides the logic on the "why's".

Why does the GOP want Arizona out of the California-based 9th Circuit? Politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Go outside and get some sun tomorrow. With all due respect, you sound unhinged.
And great advice for the perpetually outraged left/dems/snowflakes/college campuses like berkley, etc. who still haven't got over losing the election. And more tissue for Mr. "NO!" shummer please, poor crying dude.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,024,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do Green Card holders, many who are serving in the US military have any rights.
Green card holders can not work on government jobs. Even for IT contact jobs, they will ask for citizenship. There is no way, they will allow green card holders in military. Government can also revoke green cards. Even people with pending green card application enjoys a right to stay here until they adjudicate the application.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Weren't trump's lawyers asked for specific evidence on risk and couldn't provide any?
yes, that's what I heard during the questioning.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:47 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times
Did anyone think the communist 9th Circuit would rule anything other than any possible way to harm the USA? Of course, let's let ALL our enemies in, give them welfare and suicide vests since they hate us so much, and just let them kill us and just GIVE them the country our ancestors fought and died for and conquered.

These left wing extremist judges are criminals and traitors.

Last edited by jamies; 02-09-2017 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
With a majority of congress/local/state governments in GOP hands, and dems losing over 1000 seats during obama's reign and the loony left taking over the democrat party, which I'm guessing most the country will continue to reject, I think you should change your statement to "you hope it won't happen" vs "it's not going to happen". And given hope is often postponed disappointment, hope is overrated anyways so scratch that.
Ok I will change my statement. It definitely is not going to happen, happy now?

Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They do not have the right to enter US when they go outside of the country and then seek reentry.

The court has ruled on that.
When?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies