Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Will The Appeals Court Do?
Votes to Reinstate the Executive Order 37 29.84%
Votes to Continue the Stay by the Seattle Court 77 62.10%
Votes to Restrict New Visitors Only 7 5.65%
Votes to Send the Stay Back to Seattle 3 2.42%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,760,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Activists (on the bench).

This admin I don't think will give up on this matter. And I have a hunch they will do something legal(once again) that the activist court system can't undo. Be careful what you wish for.
I have no stake in this at all so this is purely whatever happens. It was poorly rolled out, questionable legally and now they told Trump no is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 05:38 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,984,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Our so-called president is the best recruitment tool for terrorists that ever walked the earth. The minute he instituted his Muslim ban--and everyone with a brain knows that's exactly what it was--ISIS began using it as proof to the rest of the world that the American president was, indeed, waging a war against a religion. They probably had recruits lining up to sign up.

If there is a terrorist attack on our country going forward, blame can be laid right at the door of the Oval Office.

Nope. If there is a terrorist attack in the next while, it will be the LIBERALS and the MEDIA's fault. This could have been handled fine and the world would have accepted it fine (even many ME countries were fine with this) if you guys had not made such a loud noise and told the world YOU think we have an idiot at the helm (which is far from true - he was working to keep YOU safe and you don't like or want that, I guess.). This is on YOU. It is on your liberal judges too. This is a Demo-lib stall tactic pure and simple - and it could be very dangerous for all of us, including you. You cannot blame Trump for this at all. It will be upheld soon so if anyone gets in in the interim, you are to blame. Sorry.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:39 PM

35,787 posts, read 21,162,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Trying to understand what you're suggesting. You think it's law that POTUS must seek advice and council from his cabinet before issuing an EO? It's customary, yes, but law? I don't think so.

As to this decision - no surprise there. The 9th Circuit is bucking to hit the 90% mark on reversals I think. Maybe they think they get a prize.
No. The EO stands on its own , the law he disregarded were those approved green cards. The visas are revocable , but on 5 yr olds and burned child not being with their mom??.. You agree with that, just as cold as he is. This is ego, not protection. Trying to do as he promised with out weighing the consequences. Come on! As a posted. The idea is not so bad but the execution was a disaster. He must learn to do it right !

17,154 posts, read 13,006,534 times
We've had a lot of strange presidents in office but Trump is the only President who thinks he can enact laws by Tweeting them into existence

11,011 posts, read 11,051,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump must be disheartened and demoralized. Love it!
I'm going to pick on you because it's the last one I saw but I see this "glee" for lack of a better word because 'yeah, Trump lost!' or 'yeah, take that!'. Do you never think past your partisan political self? This isn't a football game where you take sides. We have a court trying to remove what has always been held as an exclusive Executive Power. How does this not worry you? Trump won't be the president forever and it's a guarantee a Democrat will be in the White House in the future. Are you in favor of removing an exclusive Executive Power just to spite Trump despite it may hurt a politician you favor in the future? I mean talking about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:40 PM

42,876 posts, read 26,428,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What he should do is up the game on deportations. Send in the Feds and start expelling people by the tens of thousands. And start in San Francisco.
He would do it so stupidly that he would most likely incur another court sanction. Dear leader is not above the law, that was proven today.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:41 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,540,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
He's probably in rage mode now. His first response was pretty mild. But can he hold it in? Interesting to see if he goes nuclear on twitter later in the evening and makes a total fool of himself.
That's the best part. He could meltdown publicly later today or tomorrow or over the next few days. It's going to eat him alive with rage and he will lash out. The Whitehouse "mole" will likely have some reports about how he's acting. Maybe he's running around in his robe yelling at people. Maybe he's eating 3 cheeseburgers and mumbling. Lucky for Melania, she's far away from cra-cra President Snowflake who is butt hurt bigly.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,357,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The 9th Circuit is too unpredictable to guess.
This court has to know they are wrong on this. They are doing this for political purposes.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,593,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm going to pick on you because it's the last one I saw but I see this "glee" for lack of a better word because 'yeah, Trump lost!' or 'yeah, take that!'. Do you never think past your partisan political self? This isn't a football game where you take sides. We have a court trying to remove what has always been held as an exclusive Executive Power. How does this not worry you? Trump won't be the president forever and it's a guarantee a Democrat will be in the White House in the future. Are you in favor of removing an exclusive Executive Power just to spite Trump despite it may hurt a politician you favor in the future? I mean talking about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
They aren't removing anything. They are simply continuing the temporary 'stay". And the court has every right to do so.

No President - NONE - are above the law.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:47 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,231,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This court has to know they are wrong on this. They are doing this for political purposes.
Most definitely. Obama did the same and no problem.

The terrorists are laughing their heads off now how stupid the left radicals are. They will blow up and kill more people in large cities which are mostly liberal and gays will be on their list as well. The liberals are killing their own for politics. Strange. How nuts can it get!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies