Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 01:51 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Where do you think that metal in your car comes from?
Coal it is used in other applications other than just electrical production.
Yes it's used in steel production.

Uninformed left coast libbies know nothing about any of this stuff. They just sip on their Starbucks and think their liberal arts degree makes them intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 01:52 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

More to the point.....

The many many many billions of dollars of infrastructure that is devoted to generating electricity based burning coal. And it's absolutely stupid to spend all the money it would take to simply change over to a different fossil fuel.

Coal isn't going anywhere. It's leftist nonsense that all of a sudden we will generating it from natural gas.
Actually we have been trying for several years. In the early 2000's we were up working in Mass laying a pipeline to do just that. Convert from coal to natural gas. Every single day we were delayed or had work stoppage due to locals. Granted not the violent type of protests seen today, but blockage of trucks, vandalism to equipment, etc. It became clear that the biggest part of the time, those fighting didn't even know what they were fighting for or about...

Old 02-11-2017, 01:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I thought it was because he's been too busy with snow jobs.

Last edited by burdell; 02-11-2017 at 02:33 PM..

Old 02-11-2017, 01:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Actually we have been trying for several years. ..
No we haven't, not even close.
Quote:
Now here is the the real world. This from the largest electrical generation power company in the USA.

Why does Duke Energy generate electricity with coal?

Coal is our nation's most abundant energy resource. According to the U.S. Energy Administration, the United States is home to the largest recoverable reserves of coal in the world. They estimate that we have enough coal to last several hundred years, based on current consumption levels.

Because of its relatively low cost and abundance, coal is used to create about half of the electricity generated in the United States. This availability and price stability play an important role in helping Duke Energy support economic growth in the regions it serves with a reliable and affordable supply of electricity.

https://www.duke-energy.com/energy-e...city-from-coal

Anyone who wants to believe the nonsense from Bloomberg, the same entity who said Hillary would win the election, is free to do so. But coal isn't going anywhere.

And 100 years from now when domestic natural gas is gone, they will still be burning coal.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe it’s not exactly gonna make you rich or famous but earning a decent living and providing for your family is fulfillment in it’s own right. The average starting wage for a miner (when the mines are running) was $60,000 a year in 2010 which is nothing to sneeze at.

I have a friend talked about being a contract miner. If I remember this correctly, he said he could be able to make 200 dollars a day. I've been doing research, and one article says that some contract miner can make up to 400 dollars a day.

Why people can not work this type of jobs? Not everybody can be a doctor or a lawyer. Just because you are one of those "elite", doesn't mean you can throw the working class under the bus.
There are plenty of miners that makes 6 degrees and this is in low cost of living areas, not high cost of living urban areas.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
No we haven't, not even close.
Scuse me.... I didn't realize that you build the infrastructure to do just that..... I'll be sure to tell the Massachusetts Department of Revenue that the earned income we had in Mass was a figment of my imagination......

Nobody said it is even near 100% complete. And I'll agree that it'll never get done, but to say with all certainty that no one is trying is bunk...

Old 02-11-2017, 01:55 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
There are plenty of miners that makes 6 degrees and this is in low cost of living areas, not high cost of living urban areas.
yeah good. They certain deserve it.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Scuse me.... I didn't realize that you build the infrastructure to do just that.....
I've no idea what this is supposed to mean or how it addresses what I said.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:59 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
They say the corn additives to gasoline cause even more green house gases why liberals even blame cow farts !
Eat mor chikin!

Old 02-11-2017, 02:03 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Maybe they should put some real money in solar. My son works for a start up company with a new version of solar panels. They can be programmed to move and follow the sun, and can produce enough power to replace most of the average household's needs. And it will get better. Their goal is to make it sufficent to run without using utility power.

The company is doing very well, and has had constant improvement. Maybe we should offer rewards for small companies with new ideas to run with them, since the big interests will never try since it's against their interest to lose money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies