Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 01:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't realize the SNL was still a thing.
It comes on after old people's bedtimes, WK.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Satire, especially political satire, should know no bounds.

Keep in mind, political satire focuses on politics and politicians, not their families that do not insert themselves into the politics. Example, Eric Trump is fair play. Baron Trump is out of bounds.
We agree again.

I'd say we should stop doing that, but we're both Independents, regardless of which way we lean, so that's bound to happen now and then.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:43 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Snowflakes, no need to get upset by a comedy show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I haven't seen a single criticism or mockery of Obama on SNL. Is it fair for Trump to get so much? Nope. But they are free to run the skits. Had Hillary won, SNL's ratings would sink with no more materials to run.
Kate McKinnon did a hilarious Hillary and you know they'd run stuff about her and Bill in the WH with Bill doing the jobs normally reserved for FLOTUS while chasing interns or some such crazy mess.

And about Hillary not being able to connect with people... she struggles with that sort of thing and that's how McKinnon played her. You know she'd have some gaffes here and there and they'd nail her on them.

And she would laugh it off because she's an adult.

Just like Bill did. Just like both Bushes did. Just like Reagan did. Just like Carter, and Ford... and well, you get it, right?

Old 02-13-2017, 01:49 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It was a comedy sketch.

Yup, and it was a pretty damn good one. Trumpettes can't defend it anymore so now they accuse SNL of crossing the line..Don't like it ,change your channel but people aren't they love it.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Trump will be a gold mine for the SNL franchise - more power to them. We've never had a cast of characters as easy to parody as this Administration, they have only themselves to blame. SNL will probably run it into the ground, but they are going to have field day getting there. We're going to get a lot of laughs along the way. Stephen Colbert's material is funny too, more clever but in many ways more harsh.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I prefer comedians who make fun of both left and right and therefore have the trust of 90% of people. I really liked Jay Leno because he was a Democrat but also told jokes for the other half.
SNL spoofed Warren and the companies who make commercials about immigrants to sell products.

During the primaries and the presidential campaign, they made fun of Clinton and Trump AND their VP picks.

Where's the "unequal?"

I mean, Trump and his team will dominate the skits but THEY are in charge. That's how it always works.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:56 PM

628 posts, read 286,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If you think SNL is mean to the president you sure won't like what the international comics, cartoonists and magazine covers are doing to him. He's a total embarrassment.

Yes, one that was making the rounds in Australia a while back said, "Trump grabs women by the pu**y and America by the balls". We are the laughingstock of the world. Although I have a friend in Australia who says that WE are not the laughingstock, HE is the laughingstock - and of course the Deplorables.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yup, and it was a pretty damn good one. Trumpettes can't defend it anymore so now they accuse SNL of crossing the line..Don't like it ,change your channel but people aren't they love it.
I know. If Clinton won and they were lampooning her all the time, they'd be declaring it a comedy sensation.

And Clinton's supporters (along with Clinton) would laugh at it, too.

Because.... sense of humor.

Granted, there are Trump voters who find SNL funny and know it's just satire.

But the Trump "fans" are really just as thin-skinned as their hero.

Sad.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Trump is great material for SNL and maybe Conway and Spicer as well. But they attacked Conway because she's a woman and she's blond. That doesn't fly anymore and they should be denounced for it by feminist groups. Just shows their hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies