Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 02:00 PM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Didn't you just argue that there was "no harm" in blocking legal permanent residents from returning to their homes for 90 days?
Nice way to misrepresent what I said. I asked what harm would it be to non-US citizens having to wait for 90 days. There was nothing in the post about legal permanent residents, and I was not referring to them. But honestly, I know legal permanent residents that were stuck in their home country during a vacation because of some paperwork issues, and that was under the Obama administration. They weren't harmed by it except having to deal with the issue and hiring an attorney, but they are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 02:15 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Here is a list of advertisers to contact to request they reassess their participation in SNL. Many will start bailing out of fear. Pfizer is one that no longer going to advertise on snl.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...l_advertisers/
LOL!

Cry babies.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:17 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Last nights SNL had Alec Baldwin hosting so I tuned in expecting to see him trashing on Trump as usual but instead Melissa Maccarthy opened the show with her stupid Sean Spicer mocking. I have a sense of humour and a bit of it was funny but it went on and on to the point where it was just bashing the Trump administration as nothing but a bunch of buffoons.
The worse came in what SNL calls a digital short since it is filmed off set. It had Kate Mckinnon who I think is usually very talented and funny playing her rendition of Kellyanne Conway in a send up to the "Fatal Attraction" movie.
In the sketch, Conway is played as a deranged woman stalking the CNN anchor Jake Tapper. She breaks into his apartment and waits for him to get home. She then throws a fit and throws a knife at him once and holds one to his throat twice until he agrees to put her on his show again.

So much for promoting positive feminism.

It was so sick, stupid and not at all funny. I couldn't believe what I was watching and it went on and on.

See 'Kellyanne Conway' Go Full 'Fatal Attraction' on 'SNL' - Rolling Stone

I turned off the show after that. We all know that SNL has been struggling with trying to be funny for years now but with sketches like this that border on R rated violence it is not at all funny and sinks to a new level of sickness.

Are they that obsessed with Trump that they are willing to turn their show into one big anti Trump political statement? Have they moved that far Left?

I think they have gone way to far with their Trump bashing.
Wait...are you getting your feelings hurt because someone is making fun of Trump? If you are, you've got a tough 4 years ahead of you.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
I haven't watched in years, i've seen some of the stuff on Trump but it reminds me why I stopped watching the show so long ago.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:22 PM

I love Alec's impersonations of Trump. They're spot on!

Old 02-12-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Here is a list of advertisers to contact to request they reassess their participation in SNL. Many will start bailing out of fear. Pfizer is one that no longer going to advertise on snl.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...l_advertisers/
And just as many or more will take their place.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:44 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,332,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
In your opinion and all the others who are still crying because Hillary lost. Shrug.
Didn't vote for Hillary. Still think the skits are hilarious

Old 02-12-2017, 02:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
I've actually had liberal friends get a little angry with me when I've said that I'm not watching the SNL skits, or that I didn't find the skits particularly funny. I guess they need to feel vindicated, and they can't handle it when one of their friends sees things a little differently.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:57 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Last nights SNL had Alec Baldwin hosting so I tuned in expecting to see him trashing on Trump as usual but instead Melissa Maccarthy opened the show with her stupid Sean Spicer mocking. I have a sense of humour and a bit of it was funny but it went on and on to the point where it was just bashing the Trump administration as nothing but a bunch of buffoons.
The worse came in what SNL calls a digital short since it is filmed off set. It had Kate Mckinnon who I think is usually very talented and funny playing her rendition of Kellyanne Conway in a send up to the "Fatal Attraction" movie.
In the sketch, Conway is played as a deranged woman stalking the CNN anchor Jake Tapper. She breaks into his apartment and waits for him to get home. She then throws a fit and throws a knife at him once and holds one to his throat twice until he agrees to put her on his show again.

So much for promoting positive feminism.

It was so sick, stupid and not at all funny. I couldn't believe what I was watching and it went on and on.

See 'Kellyanne Conway' Go Full 'Fatal Attraction' on 'SNL' - Rolling Stone

I turned off the show after that. We all know that SNL has been struggling with trying to be funny for years now but with sketches like this that border on R rated violence it is not at all funny and sinks to a new level of sickness.

Are they that obsessed with Trump that they are willing to turn their show into one big anti Trump political statement? Have they moved that far Left?

I think they have gone way to far with their Trump bashing.
The "so-called" President and his ardent orangeflakes are one and the same. Thin skinned. Even comedy has to favor them.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
I thought the Kellyanne skit was hilarious. She is a devious woman and the take on her fatal attraction was spot on. I also really enjoy the Sean Spicer skits. I hadn't watched SNL for years until the Alec Baldwin as Trump skits began appearing.

SNL appeals to younger, more liberal people, so it's not surprising that many Trump supporters find it distasteful. Just change the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies