Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Aw, the "thousands and thousands" Trump saw celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City agree that's just wrong! Ask them! IF you can find them.
Trump told more lies in 8 days than Obama did in 8 years.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump could be dumbing down his speech for his base, or it be could just how his brain works these days, or could be a combination.

It is clear that he is not one to grapple with difficult concepts.

His yammering about "renegotiating" the national debt was clue that he didn't understand how things worked on an international level. (Aside from the fact that we owe about half of of the national debt to ourselves, refusing to honor our treasury bills at full value would be a disaster for our economy.) Mercifully, he has quit talking about it. Unfortunately, some of his base are still enthusiastic supporters.

There are numerous instances, such as his announcing his ACA replacement plan would be ready on Day One. Or that he had a secret plan for ISIS. (Which now seems to consist of telling the generals to come up with a plan.) Or this disastrous Muslim travel ban rollout. Even the assistant manager at Kinkos would know you couldn't roll this out without a fair amount of coordination with agencies such as TSA, Homeland Security, Defense... Having it reviewed by a legal team would been a plus as well.

He just isn't a "deep thinker." His simplistic repetitions, his bungling actions, that he has to have Kellyanne, etc. go out and explain what he really means all the time...

Now whether he was always this way, or whether he is struggling with the onset of dementia remains to be seen.
Trump is new to the world of politics, so of course there are things he's learning on the fly.
That's one of the reasons why Trump won the election, the people like him because he's coming in with a fresh perspective on everything.
His lack of experience is a positive.
Because when it comes to politics, there is no such thing as "good experience", only "bad experience".
I mean I can't remember the last time America had a good President.
Trump's plan for ISIS has remained secret throughout the campaign and today, as it should.
And now he has Mad Dog.

Conway and Trump don't communicate actually (they did during the campaign, but not this year).
We've seen since the inauguration that Conway has been unaware of Trump's statements, and she's been caught off-guard by the media.
So in addition to not communicating, she doesn't even follow President Trump's public statements.
I think its time for her to go, or at least stop doing interviews.
Maybe she is having some personal problems, or maybe she's just worn-out from the campaign, or maybe she just isn't good at her current role - but that is surprising, given that its similar to her campaign role.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
He has an extremely limited vocabulary. His solution is to repeat the same things over and over. Plus he likes to lie which is why he says, "I'm highly intelligent" every chance he gets.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Watching Trump speak in front of people he seems like he has early dementia can't remember what he just said repeats it again. The guy is 70 years old I have seen it happen in late 60's it's mild at first but they might be perfect physical shape start to show some signs of it if you didn't know them well would not be able to tell.
The more he or anyone repeats, the more likely whatever is said becomes imbedded in the listener's

Old 02-13-2017, 11:13 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
When I see so many people criticize PRESIDENT Trump for having a unique personality, it makes me realize how stupid people are.
I mean they are actually saying PRESIDENT Trump should have done things by the book and should have spoken like everyone else.
Where is everyone else? Nowhere in particular.
Where is PRESIDENT Trump? In the White House.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:18 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Watching Trump speak in front of people he seems like he has early dementia can't remember what he just said repeats it again. The guy is 70 years old I have seen it happen in late 60's it's mild at first but they might be perfect physical shape start to show some signs of it if you didn't know them well would not be able to tell.
Wow, you guy's are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, Who knows, why does he blink his eyes so often.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Trump is new to the world of politics, so of course there are things he's learning on the fly.
That's one of the reasons why Trump won the election, the people like him because he's coming in with a fresh perspective on everything. lack of experience is a positive.
HOORAY! HOORAY!

He doesn't know what he's doing!

Quote:
Because when it comes to politics, there is no such thing as "good experience", only "bad experience".
I mean I can't remember the last time America had a good President.
So, now that he's IN politics, will it be a 'bad experience' for the country or just for him?

[quote=swayalot;47179484]Trump's plan for ISIS has remained secret throughout the campaign and today, as it should.
And now he has Mad Dog. [/QUOTE

Of course what hasn't remained secret is his arrogant belief that he knows more than the Generals and the combined resources of 17 US intelligence agencies.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Repeating a point for emphasis only works if the thing you're repeating is worth emphasizing.

Example of Trump speak:

"We're going to build a wall It'll be the best wall. The best wall. A really great wall. Greater than that wall in China."

Okay... now, did he say anything worth repeating? Hell no.

Do his supporters think this is fine oration?

Probably, but this makes me assume that their vocabularies are quite limited, just like his.

It's embarrassing to have a President of the US who cannot articulate a point without sounding like a doofus who barely passed 8th grade.

He just says stuff and doesn't explain why he's doing it or what value it'll bring. He is so random. He spends more time detailing the importance of his polling numbers, inaugural attendance, or Ivanka's clothing line being rejected by major retailers than he does talking about anything of import to the body politic.

I doubt he knows what the "body politic" is.

I shake my head at him so often. Sad.
You don't have to have a big vocabulary, I prefer short and sweet and to the point.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:47 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Trump is the best speaker in American history.
I've never seen anyone get the message across better than President Trump.
Obama was so boring and sleep-inducing.
These kinds of posts must be sarcasm or paid commenters. I will agree that Obama's speeches never did much for me - a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Soaring rhetoric is great, but not when it means nothing. Things like, "We are the people we've been waiting for" and "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and the tides began to recede" just sound silly in context.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Laughing at a person stuttering (and no, Obama doesn't stutter, but whatever) demonstrates meanness of the audience.

It's not funny when people stutter. It's not funny when people who are handicapped have trouble controlling their limbs.

I should not be surprised that a Trump fan would think so, however.
Obama becomes a blubbering idiot when his teleprompter fails.... ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrhHVx-IJY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies