Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think my concern is that he cannot have but so many aces up his sleeve.

Why's he already campaigning again? Not even a month after his inauguration.

I do agree that presidents should be more accessible, but this seems like a vanity exercise.
No, things will not simply fall in his lap. He has to actually put in the work and so far I do not see him doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 10:12 AM

1,363 posts, read 877,366 times
Quote:
I think my concern is that he cannot have but so many aces up his sleeve.

Why's he already campaigning again? Not even a month after his inauguration.

I do agree that presidents should be more accessible, but this seems like a vanity exercise.
So he can take campaign contributions (bribes).

Old 02-18-2017, 10:13 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,315,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, things will not simply fall in his lap. He has to actually put in the work and so far I do not see him doing that.
Do you think he didn't realize how tough a job he was applying for?

If not, why continue to campaign?

I do feel like we'll wind up with Pence as president. Be he the actual president or the de facto president.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:14 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,315,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
So he can take campaign contributions (bribes).
I had considered that.

If he is removed from office (via resignation or some other method), does that money go to the RNC?

Old 02-18-2017, 10:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
Do you think he didn't realize how tough a job he was applying for?

If not, why continue to campaign?

I do feel like we'll wind up with Pence as president. Be he the actual president or the de facto president.
Obama wasn't willing to put in the work either. Trump will at the very least finish his term. Pence may end up putting in the work. Personally I would rather see Trump do it as he actually has positions I agree with. Not so much with Pence.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,769,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Trump and his people are definitely elites but they are most assuredly NOT the establishment. If you want to know who the establishment is, look at who is working against Trump: the majority of the Democrats, Republicans in the vein of Ryan, McConnell, McCain; the media, academia, most of the federal bureaucracy including the Intel organizations, big business, etc.

They are fighting trump because someone like him is never supposed to happen. A president should only ever be a member of the establishment. These are people hell-bent on preserving a world order developed after WWII that has benefitted them greatly and everyone else little or not at all. They refuse to acknowledge that the world changes and the norms and institutions created after WWII are no longer relevant to the current environment.

They have gone so far as to try and remanufacture the Red Scare to keep things like NATO and our alliance system relevant.
Excellent post!

Old 02-18-2017, 10:38 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,941,707 times
Quote:
I absolutely hate when people hijack real problems to change them into something else and then claim to be the leader.

Such as Palin and the Tea Party and any number of people with BLM.

Citizen United was not a Conservative Political thing. The ruling was led by the ACLU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post

Are you actually saying So-called President is an outsider to the "donor favor based political system"?
Quote:
I condemned this person. I have no idea where your question came from. I said nothing of the sort.

Did you support the Citizen United ruling (not this guys bogus group) or did you support those defending the donor favored political system that fought the ruling?
Quote:
Which person?
Quote:
The one I was discussing.
Which person?

Old 02-18-2017, 10:41 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,941,707 times
Never mind. Have a nice day folks, off to enjoy mine, even with problems, I still like living here!

Old 02-18-2017, 10:50 AM

1,363 posts, read 877,366 times
Quote:
I had considered that.

If he is removed from office (via resignation or some other method), does that money go to the RNC?
I'd imagine that money is going into an account somewhere as quickly as it comes in. Just look at what he did with campaign contributions in the run-up to the general election. Much of it was quickly funneled into his own businesses. According to Politico, $12.8m in campaign contributions went to his own properties.

If he hadn't won, that campaign-contribution money had already helped him financially, and wouldn't have been returned. I don't expect any of this current round of campaign contributions to end up anywhere but in his pockets, and I'd imagine the people currently making "campaign contributions" to the sitting president one month into his first term know exactly where that money is going, and what they expect to get from giving it to him.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:51 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,483,931 times
Quote:
Re: the bold: If, as you've asserted, So-called President is so interested in addressing the systemic problems in our "current donor favored political system", why did/does he continue to surround himself & procure advice/recommendations from those who've working ardently in direct opposition to such?

So-called "outsider" & President explains:

As always faithful Presidential lapdog concurs:

Report: Trump hires Citizens United head as deputy campaign manager - POLITICO
And your anti trump bias is showing as you forgot to bold what I said in the next sentence so let me bold it for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You forgot this key point and it's this....capitalism exists and is enabled in its current form/acts in the way it does because of our current donor favor based political system. Which btw Trump spoke out against unlike the other politicians in this game. But I will say speaking out against something doesn't mean the "swamp" will change so time will tell if anything changes on this matter of our bought and sold politicians/our donors connected to businesses/industries rule political system

So as for your point "Capitalism is an economic system not a form of governance", given the business world/capitalism is so connected to donors in our political system on what gets done/not done, your point is 100% invalid as you address the matter in a textbook/unrealistic viewpoint on how politics is suppose to work but doesn't, far from it. And the data still stands on the articles I referenced above regardless if you agree with the reasons or not how that occurred....the US is going the wrong way in many metrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies