Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If I hate Israel, what's it to you? Why is liking Israel such a big deal to you right wingers?

I'm an American. I love the United States and ONLY the U.S. I'm not required to love any other nation. I don't give a damn about Israel or any other nation that isn't this one.

If Israel is so paramount to you, then GTHOH and move there.
I cannot speak for the poster you were responding to but many Evangelicals support Israel to insure the real estate is available in time for the apocalypse, the return of Jesus and the Rapture.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He made a complete idiot of his normally idiotic self at that press conference last week, but he never addressed the issue that is still waiting for an answer.

Why will the people that handle him not provide him with a comprehensive plan and a cohesive answer. I thought terrorism and keeping Americans safe was a priority.
When the Left starts worrying about anti-White sentiment in the USA, instead of promoting it, then perhaps there will begin to be more reciprocal care about anti-Semitism. As of now, there is significant burnout on the issue, and much of that is due to the attacks on the majority that often come from Semites.

As of now, every other group receives the protection of the Left. Jews are likely fine cozying up to those groups. That should satisfy them until they are willing to reciprocate and not agitate for violent politics against the majority on a racial basis. Of course, maybe the majority will be willing to accept an admission of "Jewish privilege" as a compromise. They might be flexible. Try them.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I live in the USA and I am Jewish so I give a crap as to what this liar who insists upon sidestepping the question plans to do about it here.
You're awfully worried about your ethnic group. That wreaks of nationalism to me.

Perhaps consider blending into the melting pot to create an unrecognizable Jewish identity. At that point, antisemitism won't be an issue. We're all the same, correct?

Old 02-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
You're awfully worried about your ethnic group. That wreaks of nationalism to me.

Perhaps consider blending into the melting pot to create an unrecognizable Jewish identity. At that point, antisemitism won't be an issue. We're all the same, correct?
What an obtuse spin! It's me singling out Jewish cemeteries and Synagogues on American soil to threaten and desecrate?

Old 02-21-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
What an obtuse spin! It's me singling out Jewish cemeteries and Synagogues to desecrate?
Why obtuse? The proposed solution of inter-ethnic harmony, often proposed by Jews themselves, is for inter-ethnic blending. Why should Jews be exempt?

Perhaps the idea of separate Jewish cemeteries is the problem. Just give into "America" and blend in.

Or, is it that all ethnic separatism is justified? If all ethnic separatism is justified, then Jews are to be recognized as a political group as are others. If this is the case, then combating Jewish political ideas and aims can not be couched as "antisemitism". It can only be recognized as inter-ethnic political critique.

You can have it one way, but not both ways. Either you are separate, as are others, and we are in a constant state of low level political competition (low level cold war) that warrants inter-ethnic political critique. As Jews often heap upon non-Jewish Europeans.

Or, Jews are to integrate and leave their identity behind, thus negating any motivation for political critique of them as a separate group with group political aims (what they often mark as "antisemitism"), like how Whites are often critiqued (in spite of being much more integrated than are Jews, on average).

Which is it?

Old 02-21-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Why obtuse? The proposed solution of inter-ethnic harmony, often proposed by Jews themselves, is for inter-ethnic blending. Why should Jews be exempt?

Perhaps the idea of separate Jewish cemeteries is the problem. Just give into "America" and blend in.

Or, is it that all ethnic separatism is justified? If all ethnic separatism is justified, then Jews are to be recognized as a political group as are others. If this is the case, then combating Jewish political ideas and aims can not be couched as "antisemitism". It can only be recognized as inter-ethnic political critique.

You can have it one way, but not both ways. Either you are separate, as are others, and we are in a constant state of low level political competition (low level cold war) that warrants inter-ethnic political critique. As Jews often heap upon non-Jewish Europeans.

Or, Jews are to integrate and leave their identity behind, thus negating any motivation for political critique of them as a separate group with group political aims (what they often mark as "antisemitism") as Whites are often critiqued (in spite of being much more integrated than are Jews, on average).

Which is it?
Okay I will pass along the word to the rabbis at the synagogues throughout out the country, that they need to include white supremacists at theirs next high holy holiday services.

WTF are you talking about?

Old 02-21-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Okay I will pass along the word to the rabbis at the synagogues throughout out the country, that they need to include white supremacists at theirs next high holy holiday services.

WTF are you talking about?
No, but there are plenty of Blacks, non-Jewish Eastern European immigrants, and Latinos to mix with in NYC. As of now, Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in NYC are the most non-diverse of all neighborhoods inhabited by lighter skinned populations.

These non-Jewish groups all have different cultures that would benefit the Jews, and this mixing, over time, would cause Jewish identity to be diluted and thus antisemitism to decrease.

The solution is easy. Jews have long promoted it themselves for other groups. As a liberal, you are likely well familiar with it. Just apply it to yourselves. The problem of antisemitism will then solve itself.

or

If you want to stay separate, and remain ethno-nationalists, and at the same time politically critique other groups as separate political groups from Jews, then you have to accept the same political critiques, which you often label "antisemitism", yourselves. You can't merely reduce political competition, as a separate political group, by labeling political speech to be "antisemitic".

Yeah, fine, I'd then be with you on protecting Jewish cemeteries. But we both know that cemetery desecration isn't the primary Jewish concern when it comes to what is deemed to be antisemitism. It's the political speech that matters the most.

Though, I'd also argue that when a people is as fiercely separate as are the Orthodox Jews, for instance, among a high density of other peoples, then political competition will cause resentment that is sometimes enacted physically. I might have sympathy if it wasn't for the fact that Jews, themselves, are largely the ones who have most loudly insisted on this high density Western multiculturalism. Complaining about the effects of high density inter-group political proximity and competition is hardly becoming of those who argue for it.

Again, you can't have it both ways.

Last edited by golgi1; 02-21-2017 at 04:14 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 04:16 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
The biggest threat to Jews today is their embrace of left leaning politics. White supremacists are a laughable minority.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:17 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, it is not my problem if you read too much into it

I posted

Antisemitism is not the hatred of Judaism nor is it hatred of people who practice the Judaism. Antisemitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state.

MEANING, in my opinion (should have added this )

The definition of anti-semitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state. Example, The Nazis believe judaism is a RACE, not a religious practice.

the Nazi's categorized the Jews as a race, and persecuted them on this basis, not the on the basis of religion. This effect of causing people who didn't follow the Jewish faith to identify as Jewish since they were being persecuted for being Jewish. It's an example of how race is a social construct, and I think this is a large part of why you now have "atheist Jews."
This is true. Nazis--like current white supremacist--viewed Jews as a single race, and as part of a non-white race.

You can be ethnically Jewish but atheist, or agnostic, or Catholic, or Muslim, or any number of things. It would be like a Mexican becoming Muslim. However, the Nazis viewed Jews as a generic issue, a racial issue genetically endowed with wickedness. Catholics persecuted plenty of Jews for centuries before the Nazis in Germany ever arose. The European Catholics for centuries viewed Jews as villains based not on their genes but on their rejection of Christ, and therefore being perceived as imposters to the claim of being Israel. This was backed by New Testament passages depicting the Jews that denied Christ as very bad people.

The American professor Michael Jones falls into the "traditionalist" Catholic camp, not "conservative" nor "liberal," and I think he expresses in his own views the traditional and historical Catholic prejudice against Jews. Notice in his lecture here in England he mentions having met David Duke and Duke having tried to convince him he (Jones) is white and Jones tried converting him to Catholicism.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obtgaZ97Kdc
E Michael Jones on Logos vs Anti Logos: The Pivot of Human History

E. Michael Jones 6,219 views

Jones does not get into this but I will. The term anti-Semitic is problematic in itself, particularly when talking about Arabs. Due to the fact Arabs are semetic. Now, if a Jews is white and looks like any other German, how semetic is he when he accuses the dark skinned Arab of being anti-semetic, especially if the Arab is fluent in the Arab language (a semetic language)?

I have too much sympathies for Jewish people as a whole to speak as harshly about them as Jones. In practice, here in the USA, most Catholic priests and Jewish rabbis get along fine, and most Catholic laity today get along fin with secular and religious Jews.

I don't regard Jews as a race but I think they are legitimately a multi-racial ethnicity like Mexicans and Puerto Rican's. You have Puerto Ricans that are black, white, and many that are brown. Just like you have Jews that are black, white, and brown (Arab).

Old 02-21-2017, 04:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The biggest threat to Jews today is their embrace of left leaning politics. White supremacists are a laughable minority.
No they aren't a laughable minority. A whole lot of people are white supremacists and don't even know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies