Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 07:24 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Obama refused to veto a UN resolution about the actions of a nation, anti-Semitism by definition is aimed at the practitioners of a specific religion, your questions make no sense.
Actually, they do make sense. Israel's population is 75% Jewish.

So, again... WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:30 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Thank you. I don't think Trump is an anti Semite. I also have explained what you have said already. Trump has a Jewish daughter, two Jewish daughter in-laws from his son marriages, and more than three Jewish grandchildren, and his son in law Jared is Jewish. If Trump was anti Semitic, these relationships would have never happen between Jews and his children. Also Trump is a big supporter of Israel. If Trump was anti Jewish, he would have not support the state of Israel. Trump is also not anti muslim either, he does business with plenty of Muslims and has Muslim friends.
Hah.

My brother's in-laws are wildly antisemitic. Some of the things they have said to me would make your hair stand on end. They *love* my brother. Love him. He's their most successful in-law and they treat him like their own son. My brother also claims they really like me, even though they believe I'm going to hell and tell me as much. We tend to think they like my brother because they assume that as a Jew, he will use his magical Jew powers to summon up gold and power for their daughter and their family. Sound familiar? The Kushners are much wealthier than the Trumps. Meanwhile, my brother and I are still waiting for the Elders of Zion to pull us into their van and give us those secrets. They're also HUGE supports of Israel. They'll tell me in one breath that the Jews have been kicked out of every European country because we're scheming, but they just LOVE Israel, dontcha know.

My dad's not Jewish and his siblings aren't big fans of Jews either, but they love us. Loving individual Jewish members of your family does not cancel out being anti-semitic. Some people are really good at compartmentalizing. There's also the "good Jew"/"bad Jew" phenomenon, which we see with Trump talking about how he only wants the "men with the funny little hats" dealing with his money.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
What's best for Israel is best for the world AND the U.S.
Quote:
Oh please, that's a ridiculous assumption!
Quote:

I expected an unbiased response.

See how that works?
IF you "expected an unbiased response" you're very foolish!

I'm an American, I live in America, and I AM biased towards America doing what's best for America, NOT some silly notion that what may be best for any other country automatically becomes best for America.

See how that works?

Last edited by burdell; 02-21-2017 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, they do make sense. Israel's population is 75% Jewish.

So, again... WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?
I don't give a rat's ass if Israel's 100% Jewish, it's NOT the only home of Jewish people in the world and disagreement with the actions of the nation of Israel and its government, which certainly doesn't enjoy approval by 100% of Israelis, is NOT anti-Semitic despite the knee-jerk reactions of so many incapable of understanding the difference.

You can try selling all the wolf-tickets you want, I'm not buying into the lies.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
well, I know a lot of Jewish folks; my trauma counselor, my art institute professors, my grandfather's and my dad's business partner, a guy whom I dated..

I think jealousy is an ugly thing. For whatever reasons, Jews are generally very successful, not only in material terms, but creatively, scientifically, intellectually. Many people cannot stand that, so they decided Jews should be hated simply because of their own jealousy issues.

This said, Anyone can be an antisemite. Antisemitism is not the hatred of Judaism nor is it hatred of people who practice the Judaism. Antisemitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state.

I assume the main point here is that Jews are hated for striving for success because their success is perceived as controlling and dominating when in reality It is challenging to formulate a coherent and competent argument which is compelling enough to persuade someone that there is a more 'ethically correct or morally tight version of success that does not involve dominating and controlling in some sense of the word.

SOME people hate Jews, just as some others hate Greeks, Germans, Americans, blacks, Christians, men, women, cats, dogs etc.

When hate is involved, logic is absent.

Do I believe President Trump is anti-semitic? No.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I know a lot of Jewish folks; my trauma counselor, my art institute professors, my grandfather's and my dad's business partner, a guy whom I dated..

I think jealousy is an ugly thing. For whatever reasons, Jews are generally very successful, not only in material terms, but creatively, scientifically, intellectually. Many people cannot stand that, so they decided Jews should be hated simply because of their own jealousy issues.

This said, Anyone can be an antisemite. Antisemitism is not the hatred of Judaism nor is it hatred of people who practice the Judaism. Antisemitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state.

I assume the main point here is that Jews are hated for striving for success because their success is perceived as controlling and dominating when in reality It is challenging to formulate a coherent and competent argument which is compelling enough to persuade someone that there is a more 'ethically correct or morally tight version of success that does not involve dominating and controlling in some sense of the word.

SOME people hate Jews, just as some others hate Greeks, Germans, Americans, blacks, Christians, men, women, cats, dogs etc.

When hate is involved, logic is absent.

Do I believe President Trump is anti-semitic? No.

Can you explain the difference between "people who practice Judaism" and "Jews as a people"?

I would take them to be the same thing.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
IF you "expected an unbiased response" you're very foolish!

I'm an American, I live in America, and I AM biased towards America doing what's best for America, NOT some silly notion that what may be best for any other country automatically becomes best for America.

See how that works?
Are you isolationist?

You do not care that Israel is a democracy in a hotbed region? And that it is to our benefit to help it remain so?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Can you explain the difference between "people who practice Judaism" and "Jews as a people"?

I would take them to be the same thing.
well if you believe they are the same thing, then you believe they are the same thing. I don't care to get into this type of debate here.

I found it annoying when one sentence is highlighted and the rest of the post is ignored.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:50 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
I don't give a rat's ass if Israel's 100% Jewish, it's NOT the only home of Jewish people in the world and disagreement with the actions of the nation of Israel and its government, which certainly doesn't enjoy approval by 100% of Israelis, is NOT anti-Semitic despite the knee-jerk reactions of so many incapable of understanding the difference.
Yes, it is anti-Semitic. Think back to WHY the Nation State of Israel was created.

So, again, answer the questions... WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Are you isolationist?
No, I'm a devout non-interventionist.

Quote:
You do not care that Israel is a democracy in a hotbed region? And that it is to our benefit to help it remain so?
What I believe is the issues in the region existed long before we were a nation and can only be resolved by the countries of the region. We have more than enough long ignored domestic issues to keep us busy.

BTW, why should Americans get all warm and fuzzy about Israel being a democracy when the US isn't one?

Last edited by burdell; 02-21-2017 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies