Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 05:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times

Advertisements

Inherit your own money.

Leave my trust fund alone.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
for the first two years of thr obama administration, the republicans could not block anything the democrats wanted to do, thus if the democrats had truly wanted a european style health care system, they could have built it with no problem. but they didnt want it right then. they wanted to build a system that would in fact collapse on itself, so they could replace it with a single player system, during the clinton administration.
A little clarification on that statement =
When Obama Had "Total Control of Congress" - Mass Destruction - Ohio

Old 02-22-2017, 05:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Conservatives don't want anyone ELSE to have anything.

I've spent enough time around them to understand their mindset. They are the ones who scream that "nobody better touch mah Medicare!" but want the government to cut somebody else's "handouts." They demand that their roads are fixed and their government service is perfect, on time, and otherwise a wonderful paradise, but they don't want to pay a dime for it. They love to complain whenever their tax dollars go to support anything they don't directly and obviously benefit from, but also love to complain when "that thar worthless gubermint" can't magically create perfection on a shoestring budget. In short, many of them are selfish and staggeringly ignorant when it comes to economics and the true role and nature of government.

Many of them are also just plain hypocrites. I've lost track of the number of right-wing extremists who love to mouth off in the same story about how much they hate paying taxes but how "worthless" the government is for not repaving their road immediately or plowing it perfectly right after snow falls. Yeah, because all that happens for free, we're to believe. My favorites are the right-wing poor who hate the poor for "stealing mah money!" while being too stupid to understand that they, being poor, are part of the same group of people they hate. Of course, in those cases, there's always a racial component - they hate poor people of other skin colors while pretending that somehow by being poor and white, they are virtuous and deserve their "handouts." Hypocrisy one and all.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:06 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
This is a serious question. Considering conservatives are against minimum wage, against redistribution of wealth, against the commons (i.e. publicly funded things like police, schools, fire, etc), against unions, against healthcare. Really, what are they 'for'? And don't use the old personal responsibility line, because that isn't the question.
You can, and should have, whatever you have worked for.

You should not be entitled to what I have worked for.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:12 AM

1,147 posts, read 719,016 times
American conservatives are just uninformed.

If they were to experience life in another advanced country, their perspective on how societies should run would change.

Capitalism is great, but America's approach isn't the best one.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:22 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
This is a serious question. Considering conservatives are against minimum wage, against redistribution of wealth, against the commons (i.e. publicly funded things like police, schools, fire, etc), against unions, against healthcare. Really, what are they 'for'? And don't use the old personal responsibility line, because that isn't the question.
AVARICE !!!!! The history of their mentality has always been structured around "Avarice" and worshiping the wealthy.... There is no limit to what they will do to feed the gaping hole in their soul, The tool of Avarice is Greed..... nothing means anything to them except the mechanisms they can engage for the sake of self centered Greed, to feed the endless hole of Avarice that drives their very lives.
They don't respect diplomacy, they detest the premise of the Constitutions stand on equality, and they will do anything to anyone at anytime, if it advances their Greed driven Aims.

History has shown this over and over and over, and we are in the 21st Century and nothing has changed in the mechanisms of their Greed motives, and nothing over all the centuries has satisfied any aspect other than the continue drive of Avarice that is like the main reason their hearts beat and they breathe. It's like an evil sickness, that embrace every aspect of the Seven Deadly Sins.....

Review the relation yourself over history and it will not be the Seven Virtues that become apparent, but the Seven Deadly sins that continue to show the process that drives their activities and controls their conduct.

To them, Any lie will suffice if it supports Greed and feeds Avarice.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:23 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
Government, in one form or another, takes about 1/3 of your money. It always will regardless of who is in power. All you squabble about is how they spend it. Then government tries to misdirect your squabbling by offering to change what they take by 1% here or there and you get all excited about it and forget how much in hole you still are.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:24 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Why are you asking this? You're not going to listen anyway.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:11 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
I asked because the false consciousness of the average Republican who isn't rich and is never going to be rich, but supports the rich baffles me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies