Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:53 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why would you offer that advice?
Because education ,research and broaden views make for the ability to formulate better and informed rational discussion... This is regardless of whether or not they eventually agree or disagree with me.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:54 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There may be a gay gene. It is still debated, but there is evidence for it.

Is There a 'Gay Gene'?
There is not, it defies logical grounds, and that of evolutionary process.

Tell me, if homosexuality is a genetic trait, how does same sex seeking traits propagate throughout history?

They don't, which is why it is pure stupidty to even entertain this and why your gay gene is "debated" as "may" being there.

When you can't deal in science, you make up crap and petition scientists with threats.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:55 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't know if TG is necessarily a mental disorder because there is controversy surrounding that possibility. But I do think people who believe in a silent invisible entity who controls everything that happens in the world every minute of every day and sends us to heaven or hell based on its version of a Santa Claus checklist IS a mental disorder The individuals who believe in this religion thing have no right to be judging others as mentally ill, IMO.
The fear of God is the only protection you have against society. What value are you to those who control the resources without God? What consequences would they have without God? You would be regulated to parasite status.

You know what happens to parasites? They get exterminated.

I'm not sure how this seems to get past all these superior secular humanists, which is bull**** because ergodicity suggests that it results in genocide. Without the shepherd, who is going to protect you against all the wolves?

Old 02-25-2017, 03:57 PM

Btw.. folks...

The thread was about Transgendered... not Homosexuality. Two different things.

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
I want to put it on the record that I'm not against transgenders, but that doesn't mean they're not crazy. You got to be crazy to be a grown man and cut your **** off.

In way, that's just not accepting responsibility for who you are. I mean, I don't want to go to work, but ****, I got to.

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
What's the nonsense that people are buying? You say it's a mental disorder, so that means it exists but your language after suggests it's just made up.
This is what I don't get, people using "mental disorder" to be dismissive. Seems like they're shooting their own argument in the foot. Okay, gender dysphoria is a health problem. What do we do about health problems? Well, society needs to make reasonable accommodations for the needs of people with health problems, and people with health problems can seek medical treatment to improve their quality of life. Sounds good!

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
The fear of God is the only protection you have against society. What value are you to those who control the resources without God? What consequences would they have without God? You would be regulated to parasite status.

You know what happens to parasites? They get exterminated.

I'm not sure how this seems to get past all these superior secular humanists, which is bull**** because ergodicity suggests that it results in genocide. Without the shepherd, who is going to protect you against all the wolves?
I protect myself against the wolves.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
This is what I don't get, people using "mental disorder" to be dismissive. Seems like they're shooting their own argument in the foot. Okay, gender dysphoria is a health problem. What do we do about health problems? Well, society needs to make reasonable accommodations for the needs of people with health problems, and people with health problems can seek medical treatment to improve their quality of life. Sounds good!
Because there is a lot more involved than you realize....

Ask any physical disabled person if they want to be classified as a mental disorder just to milk society for more accommodations and special treatment....

Old 02-25-2017, 04:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
If it's truly a mental disorder, then they deserve more compassion from society, not less.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If it's truly a mental disorder, then they deserve more compassion from society, not less.
I agree. The transgenders that I know simply want to live their lives as hassle free as possible. They don't want undo attention and would be thrilled to just be accepted. Pretty much what everyone wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies