Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 05:10 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times

Advertisements

And they're gonna be more disappointed when they can't export their corn to Mexico after tRump starts his trade war. Currently, Mexico is 2nd largest importer of Iowan corn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2d4c85201a64
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 05:14 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
This is what happens when you rig the primaries to help a horrible horrible person. Bernie voters did not turn out. Run someone with even half a measure of empathy, trustworthyness, and a pinch of humble and watch the blue wall re-form. PA hadnt voted GOP since 1988 for crying out loud.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Haha. Even people who still believe the Washington Post don't believe what they tried in that article. From the comments......
More "Fake News" from the Democratic organ. Being extensively involved in politics and current events, I have yet to hear ONE Trump voter express regrets. We are laughing at your push polls and fake news - and your sanctimonious outrage - over how Trump is kicking butt and actually doing what he said he would! Media approval is at what, 15%??? And you're doing pre-determined articles on alleged disappointment with a President that's doing what he said he would. Pathetic FAKE NEWS......
I do take note that even they admit to limiting themselves to places where Clinton won.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
The results of this past election were caused by a perfect storm of circumstances for Trump. A lot of people were simply unhappy, for whatever reasons. The Democrats also ran an unpopular, weak candidate, and, Trump was a smooth talking con man who knew the right words to say.

I've known and seen people exactly like Trump in my various careers, over the years. They come in and interview well, everyone thinks they will be a great employee. However, after a short while, their flaws start to come out and it becomes apparent they sold themselves well, but had nothing to back it up. That is precisely Donald Trump. He got away with his con because his cult never thought to ask any tough questions, or, they simply did not care.

I am starting to see a shift in how his voters feel about their decision, just like that article highlights. The rah rah Trumpees who come into my work are no longer loudly bragging about him. Instead, they are quietly saying "Well, he has only been in there a month, let's see if he starts learning what to do." I don't even debate with them any more, as I like them and can't fault them for simply making a mistake. I feel sorry for them in a way.......they were duped.

Every week there are a few more nails in his political coffin, and he is doing most of the hammering himself.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:35 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Those of us who voted Trump are very, very happy with him so far.

President Trump has historically low job approval: poll - NY Daily News

.....there was a sharp partisan divide regarding Trump: 85% of Republicans approved of how he was doing his job, compared with just 9% of Democrats.

Day after day, these threads about the unpopularity of Trump. Trump is very popular with the people who voted for him.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Angry? Are the conservatives out rioting and protesting? Stopping traffic, burning cars? Marching while wearing pink ***** hats?

Are the conservatives in a fetal position crying their eyes out?

The anger and angst is all on the lib side. Get the facts straight.
No, you have a lot of anger on your side as well. If you listen to any speech Trump gives, it is never positive, it is hateful, ugly, and he is always lashing out at someone else. That anger is shared by his cult, whatever he hates, they hate.

As for we , on the other side, do not delude yourself about us being "in a fetal position , crying our eyes out". If anything, we are holding our heads up because we know we are fighting for something that is extremely important to our way of life and our democracy.

No crying here, only resolve to get this incompetent, ill equipped, unintelligent, unsophisticated, classless horses behind out of the WH before he wrecks everything. All of the ugly comments from your side only empower us more and let us know we are getting through to you. And you guys thought that November 8th was the end of it !

Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Iowans Who Voted tRump Already Disappointed

That didn't take long at all, did it?

Old 02-27-2017, 05:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That didn't take long at all, did it?
For anyone who still believes whatever WaPo prints, without question. I suppose it is.

Afterall, they believed WaPo when it said that Hillary was going to win the election too.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:50 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
And they're gonna be more disappointed when they can't export their corn to Mexico after tRump starts his trade war. Currently, Mexico is 2nd largest importer of Iowan corn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2d4c85201a64
"Gonna" isn't a word, and the Washington Post is a political pamphlet of the Left.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
What a bunch of b.s......no one I know has any regrets about voting for Trump, and are thrilled he is keeping his promises to the American people.

Seems a shame that the constant criticism has blinded some people to what he is actually doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies