Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 05:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Lol..I'm sure the WaPo has it's fingers firmly on the pulse of the Iowa voter.

The WaPo is all about click-bait to sell ads. Gullible libs hate Trump and reliably fall for this nonsense when WaPo preaches to the choir.

Last edited by Dockside; 02-27-2017 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 05:56 AM

928 posts, read 1,101,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The results of this past election were caused by a perfect storm of circumstances for Trump. A lot of people were simply unhappy, for whatever reasons. The Democrats also ran an unpopular, weak candidate, and, Trump was a smooth talking con man who knew the right words to say.

I've known and seen people exactly like Trump in my various careers, over the years. They come in and interview well, everyone thinks they will be a great employee. However, after a short while, their flaws start to come out and it becomes apparent they sold themselves well, but had nothing to back it up. That is precisely Donald Trump. He got away with his con because his cult never thought to ask any tough questions, or, they simply did not care.

I am starting to see a shift in how his voters feel about their decision, just like that article highlights. The rah rah Trumpees who come into my work are no longer loudly bragging about him. Instead, they are quietly saying "Well, he has only been in there a month, let's see if he starts learning what to do." I don't even debate with them any more, as I like them and can't fault them for simply making a mistake. I feel sorry for them in a way.......they were duped.

Every week there are a few more nails in his political coffin, and he is doing most of the hammering himself.
Funny you should mention people who interview well and later turn out to be total frauds. There is a book called "Snakes in Suits: When Psychopats go to Work" that covers that phenomenon in great depth. Basically because psychopaths feel no empathy or remorse, they can fine tune their manipulative personality to win support and likeability from a lot of people within an organization. The next steps are to use the people within the company to advance their own agenda, until they get found out. Usualy by then it's too late and they have either swindled money or destroyed the business.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:58 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Don't know farmers do you? They'll cry about everything.(IF you can believe a story from the Wipe.)

Oh by the way We only export about 13% of total corn production to nearly 100 country's...Mexico is only one ......

Corn - Production and Exports | U.S. Grains Council

In the 2014/2015 crop marketing year, (Sept. 1- Aug. 31) the United States grew nearly 14.2 billion bushels (360 million metric tons) of corn and roughly 13 percent of production was exported to more than 100 different countries.

Japan (26 percent), Mexico (23 percent) and Colombia (9 percent) made up the top three of U.S. corn destinations.

https://apps.fas.usda.gov/export-sales/corn.htm

Old 02-27-2017, 06:00 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
The results of this past election were caused by a perfect storm of circumstances for Trump. A lot of people were simply unhappy, for whatever reasons. The Democrats also ran an unpopular, weak candidate, and, Trump was a smooth talking con man who knew the right words to say.

I've known and seen people exactly like Trump in my various careers, over the years. They come in and interview well, everyone thinks they will be a great employee. However, after a short while, their flaws start to come out and it becomes apparent they sold themselves well, but had nothing to back it up. That is precisely Donald Trump. He got away with his con because his cult never thought to ask any tough questions, or, they simply did not care.

I am starting to see a shift in how his voters feel about their decision, just like that article highlights. The rah rah Trumpees who come into my work are no longer loudly bragging about him. Instead, they are quietly saying "Well, he has only been in there a month, let's see if he starts learning what to do." I don't even debate with them any more, as I like them and can't fault them for simply making a mistake. I feel sorry for them in a way.......they were duped.

Every week there are a few more nails in his political coffin, and he is doing most of the hammering himself.
So a final judgement of 4 years condensed to 30 something days.

Why hasn't trump stopped global warming, ME wars, poverty, the rain from falling and cured cancer. That lout, how did he ever get elected!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:17 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So a final judgement of 4 years condensed to 30 something days.

Why hasn't trump stopped global warming, ME wars, poverty, the rain from falling and cured cancer. That lout, how did he ever get elected!!!!!!
Just assumptions on the part of those who want people to dislike President Trump. When a handful decide they are disappointed, then others will claim that millions and millions have turned against President Trump.

None of their complaints have anything to do with any of the issues our country is facing, they just wanted their candidate to win, plain and simple.

Last edited by katie45; 02-27-2017 at 06:29 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 06:22 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
This is what happens when you rig the primaries to help a horrible horrible person. Bernie voters did not turn out. Run someone with even half a measure of empathy, trustworthyness, and a pinch of humble and watch the blue wall re-form. PA hadnt voted GOP since 1988 for crying out loud.
Most of Pa. is like Alabama or Mississippi and Pa.`s hicks never had a Klan candidate to support until this past election. The primaries were not rigged. The DNC supported the candidate who was a life long Democrat, not the Independent candidate.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:25 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Don't know farmers do you? They'll cry about everything.(IF you can believe a story from the Wipe.)

Oh by the way We only export about 13% of total corn production to nearly 100 country's...Mexico is only one ......

Corn - Production and Exports | U.S. Grains Council

In the 2014/2015 crop marketing year, (Sept. 1- Aug. 31) the United States grew nearly 14.2 billion bushels (360 million metric tons) of corn and roughly 13 percent of production was exported to more than 100 different countries.

Japan (26 percent), Mexico (23 percent) and Colombia (9 percent) made up the top three of U.S. corn destinations.

https://apps.fas.usda.gov/export-sales/corn.htm
Nearly 2 million corn farmers in northern Mexico lost their jobs because of NAFTA. Do you think any of them may have headed north?

Under Nafta, Mexico Suffered, and the United States Felt Its Pain - NYTimes.com

Old 02-27-2017, 06:43 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
And they're gonna be more disappointed when they can't export their corn to Mexico after tRump starts his trade war. Currently, Mexico is 2nd largest importer of Iowan corn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2d4c85201a64
Mexico cannot afford a trade war because their economy depends on the US. About 60 B they get from trading with the US.

Plus Mexico cannot fault the US in the wall and or deporting their citizens who do not even have a pass port. Never mind the Gangland Criminals that are here!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:49 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Nearly 2 million corn farmers in northern Mexico lost their jobs because of NAFTA. Do you think any of them may have headed north?

Under Nafta, Mexico Suffered, and the United States Felt Its Pain - NYTimes.com
I seriously doubt they'll stop buying corn then....Got to have something to make those tortilla shells with!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:52 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:

Great post Don. I have to agree with you. I have a lot of empathy for my neighbors that voted for Trump, I tend to think of them as hope fiends (sort of like we used to talk about dope fiends). They HOPED that Trump was going to turn it all around, that his shtick was just a campaign strategy and that once elected he would take the office of President seriously, and set the Twittering and the immature ranting aside. Now they are beginning to realize they were duped, and that is a tough thing to admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies