Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times

Advertisements

And Session's then lied.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:46 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Manfort fired. Paid millions by Russia to prop up a Putin puppet in Ukraine.
Page fired. Worked for years in Russia on energy deals.
Flynn fired for talking to Sergei Kisylak about lifting sanctions.
Sessions caught lying under oath under talking to Sergei Kisylak.
Roger Stone admits "back door" access to WikiLeaks.
Tillerson from Exxon -- millions in Russian oil contracts.

How much more do Republicans need before they admit Trump and his cronies are knee-deep in a Russia scandal?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He did not lie; does anyone here not know how to read or have poor reading comprehension? He was asked "did he have contact with the Russians in his role in the elections?" The answer is "no" because his contact was in the role of being on the Armed Services Committee.

I am not even a Trump supporter, I voted Hillary, but I am finding so much nonsense on this forum I am finding myself defending Trump and others way more than I ever envisioned.
With all due respect, you insist in every post that you voted for Hillary in order to enhance your defense of Trump, but have also stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I will never vote for Hillary, I would vote for McCain before Hillary and that says something because I despise McCain and voted for Obama.

Hillary should not even be a GS-7 doing data entry at HHS, let alone president or any prominent role in the government on any level. I think she should be as far from the government as a person can get, maybe shoveling out horse stalls is a better position for her.
I don't think the reading comprehension issue lies with those who believe Sessions at worst lied, and at best evaded telling the truth, but most certainly was not forthcoming in the least. Everyone in this admin acts like they have something to hide.

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Oh....you must mean those other times I met with the Russians. But I took off my 'Make America Great Again' hat, so it was ok--right?

Last edited by Enigma777; 03-01-2017 at 09:07 PM..

Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Manfort fired. Paid millions by Russia to prop up a Putin puppet in Ukraine.
Page fired. Worked for years in Russia on energy deals.
Flynn fired for talking to Sergei Kisylak about lifting sanctions.
Sessions caught lying under oath under talking to Sergei Kisylak.
Roger Stone admits "back door" access to WikiLeaks.
Tillerson from Exxon -- millions in Russian oil contracts.

How much more do Republicans need before they admit Trump and his cronies are knee-deep in a Russia scandal?
I supported Sanders.

Ukraine is none of our business, then or now.

I hope we can make deals with the Russians and everyone else .

We have no business placing sanctions on countries that are over things that are none of our business.

If the Russians intercepted DNC communications that were poorly protected that showed them being corrupt and undermining Bernie, then good. I'm glad they did it.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Sessions spoke with Russians twice in campaign.

LINK

Did Sessions lie to Congress?

Or better yet "Fake News". For all of the Trumpophiles.
Yes, Senator Franken asked him about Russia and he denied it. He perjured himself and he's being called to resign.

Do you Trump supporters still want to deny the Trump admin has ties to Russia? There is no way this many people having talks with Russians is a coincidence.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
the EMBASSY of Russia is in D.C......of course the Russian Ambassador who lives in D.C. will talk to many politicians and diplomats in Washington......that's what they do......why would we let embassies of many countries in D.C. to not talk to the ambassadors?

whenever they have parties and ceremonies in Washington with ambassadors of other countries they talk.

I swear to God! Democrats and the press are getting more hysterical about Russia by the day......now its illegal to talk to the Russian Ambassador when the freakin' embassy is in D.C. and the Ambassador lives there and attends all kinds of political and diplomatic events in D.C..

Old 03-01-2017, 08:55 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Quote:

LINK

But it's the Idiophiles that ruin it for the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did you read the part where he met with those in Russia as part of his duties serving in the Armed Services Committee?

Or did you just read the misleading headline and glaze over the meat of the article?

The misleading headline says he spoke "during" the campaign. He was not part of the campaign. He was doing his job.
You made it look way too easy my friend, yet crap anti Trump threads like this infest this forum far too much.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
So the day after arguably the best speech of Trump's political career, with most (sane) people admitting he did a great job the media comes out with this hit-piece to change the narrative again? How disgusting.

As multiple people have written earlier, it is NOT ILLEGAL to talk to the Russians. He was a US Senator. What did he do? Trade secrets of the latest US Submarine for help undermining Hillary?

The left is pathetic and the media should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:16 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:

LINK

Trump had nothing to do with DNC email hack. This is so stupid.

Let the democrats investigate as much as they want. .. they will ever find anything.

Waste of time. Trump is 20 steps ahead of these idiots.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:17 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
So the day after arguably the best speech of Trump's political career, with most (sane) people admitting he did a great job the media comes out with this hit-piece to change the narrative again? How disgusting.

As multiple people have written earlier, it is NOT ILLEGAL to talk to the Russians. He was a US Senator. What did he do? Trade secrets of the latest US Submarine for help undermining Hillary?

The left is pathetic and the media should be ashamed of themselves.
It's disgusting how the media and democrats are acting. This is so stupid and not even a story.

Trump had nothing to do with hacking DNC emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies