Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 06:49 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Here's one thought on this matter before more evidence comes out (if there is any solid evidence to be had).
If in fact as some on here claim, that those that were tapping Trump Tower had any real evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians wouldn't you think it would have been trotted out BEFORE he was given the oath of office? That would've put Hillary in office in a millisecond.

Does it make any sense that the Hillary/Obama cabal would've let something like this go by without shouting it from the rooftops or at least leaking it to their friends in the MSM (of which they are legion) prior to the election to destroy any chance Trump had?

What makes more sense at this point, given what information is currently in play is that they found nothing concrete BUT are spreading extraneous information, that could be taken one way or another "accidentally" found while in the process of tapping Trump Tower in hopes of damaging the administration as much as possible.

Both sides better hope like hell that this didn't actually happen because if it did it's going to get real,real ugly real,real fast. I don't believe the non-ideologue public, those venerable "independent voters" will tolerate such activity without demanding serious consequences for any involved.
Its my guess that Trump is referring to an FBI investigation into some of his dealings with Russian banks. The FBI operates independently of the White House. Obama does not order FBI investigations to start or end. If he did, Clinton might well be POTUS right now.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:49 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,125,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Can't handle all the heat on Donny, right, OP?
Squirming much?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Here's one thought on this matter before more evidence comes out (if there is any solid evidence to be had).
If in fact as some on here claim, that those that were tapping Trump Tower had any real evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians wouldn't you think it would have been trotted out BEFORE he was given the oath of office? That would've put Hillary in office in a millisecond.

Does it make any sense that the Hillary/Obama cabal would've let something like this go by without shouting it from the rooftops or at least leaking it to their friends in the MSM (of which they are legion) prior to the election to destroy any chance Trump had?

What makes more sense at this point, given what information is currently in play is that they found nothing concrete BUT are spreading extraneous information, that could be taken one way or another "accidentally" found while in the process of tapping Trump Tower in hopes of damaging the administration as much as possible.

Both sides better hope like hell that this didn't actually happen because if it did it's going to get real,real ugly real,real fast. I don't believe the non-ideologue public, those venerable "independent voters" will tolerate such activity without demanding serious consequences for any involved.
I just can't believe Obama, as average intelligence as he is...still would fall for Hillary and allow himself to be manipulated into using his power to dig up dirt on Donald. I would be shocked to be honest.

As dull, boring and unimaginative Obama was I always thought he was a pretty straight shooter as far as following the law.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They impeached Bill Clinton.
Tell us what that did.

Impeachment doesn't mean they are removed from office.
Have you been misinformed again?

Ya, Nixon resigned. He was never impeached.
And if Nixon hadn't resigned?

Also, the GOP impeached Clinton for lying about having an affair. If these accusations against Trump are proven true, that's far beyond what Clinton ever did.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:51 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,409,126 times
Jeeeeeeeeez. Time to start thinking about what a Pence administration might be like?

I'm a lifelong conservative, and I am willing to give Trump and many of his ideas (not all, Congress and/or the SC would stop the fringe ideas regardless) a good try even though I didn't vote for him. But he is going to take himself down if he keeps this up. Baffling...

If Trump, Bannon and Miller go - there might be something workable left?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:51 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Uh, I think he's moved on to other pressing issues of the day. Lol

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/s...16045222854656
That's his personal twitter account. He clearly stated he would still have personal tweets to send.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that. It's entirely possible that Trump will be impeached. He's not above the law.
Ahhh, same drum I see but a different beat now?

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
OP I heard rumblings of this awhile back and not from Trump. I also heard that Obama has no intent of going away either and that appears to be turning out to be true.

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
Quote:
Ahhh, same drum I see but a different beat now?
What?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:53 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,900 times
Trump's spurious accusations have the potential of blowing up in his face. Doesn't he realize that the people in the Intelligence Agency community swear an oath to the Constitution and not to him? If he was dealing with a foreign power to win the 2016 election then he and his entire campaign are domestic enemies and must be dealt with accordingly.

With respect to domestic surveillance, I'm all for a thorough and independent top to bottom review. It's about time that citizens start having the protections guaranteed under the Fourth Amendment again.

Oh, and then there's this.

NSA Blackmailing Obama? | Interview with Whistleblower Russ Tice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6m1XbWOfVk

"Abby Martin talks to Russell Tice, former intelligence analyst and original NSA whistleblower, about how the recent NSA scandal is only scratches the surface of a massive surveillance apparatus, citing specific targets the he saw spying orders for including former senators Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies