Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Obama Wiretap Trump?
Yes, Obama wiretapped Trump. 170 46.07%
No, Obama did not wiretap Trump 199 53.93%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 01:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times

Advertisements

His wife speaks Russian. When does the kangaroo court show trials start? Lock him up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 03:29 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I hear that he yells, "Oh, Donald. Great. Great. I have the best climaxes. No one orgasms better than me. Tremendous." And then he says, "Oh, Melania, when did you get here? Have you been here the whole time?"
Trust me, if you were making love to Melania, you would know it! Trump is a lucky man to have such a beautiful wife.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:32 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
3) did the FBI or some other Hillary/Democrat friendly agency do the bugging without a warrant? (unlikely, but possible)

The swamp creatures seem to be a bit edgy and carefully parsing their words.

There appears to be a whole lotta something going on and we know now that collusion between Trump/Trump's people and Russia isn't one of them.

CHUCK TODD:

Well, that's an important revelation at this point. Let me ask you this. Does intelligence exist that can definitively answer the following question, whether there were improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials?

JAMES CLAPPER:

We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say, "our," that's N.S.A., F.B.I. and C.I.A., with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.

CHUCK TODD:

I understand that. But does it exist?

JAMES CLAPPER:

Not to my knowledge.

Meet The Press 03-05-17 - NBC News

That leaves what the anti-Trumpers were doing then and want to do now.

The spying on Trump's people was a fishing expedition that produced nothing.

Desperate anti-Trumpers would like to continue the fishing expedition by appointing a special investigator because finding something that at least looks like Russian dirt is the only way they have to cover their tracks.

FTR, I think the FISA court issued the second warrant, as reported, because leakers already have details of private conversations between Flynn and the Russian ambassador.

It's reasonable to assume others within the Trump circle were also spied upon.

Since no Russian smoking gun has been leaked, it's safe to assume that none exists.
That last sentence is not the product of a rational mind. The comforting thing to know, is that not one word that appears on this forum, with have even one small effect on any political outcome. The discussions might as well be in a parallel universe.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:46 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Interesting that the right is now moving the goal posts to legal FISA bugging, but Trump's rant was about illegal Nixon/Watergate type bugging.

EXACTLY!

Old 03-06-2017, 04:22 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
No. But he should have. ..... Trump is Russian mole.
Russia probably had buyers remorse from colluding with Obama to help get Obama reelected in 2012. Obama promised Putin more flexibility after the 2012 elections in exchange for not making any big waves before the 2012 election.

Putin didn't want Romney to win, as Romney was correctly calling Russia a geo-political adversary and taking a tougher stance on Russia. So Obama went out and did the dirty work for Russia by calling Romney a relic of the past and blasting him for correctly calling out Russia and Russia in exchange waited to act more aggressively in foreign policy. Quid Pro Quo collusion!

Then Russia had to have been upset when Obama started arming every terrorist group in the unstable Middle East and North Africa including ISIS. Russia needs a stable Syria for its warm water port there and it can't afford ISIS running amok and assisted by Obama's horrible policies.

With Hillary sure to continue policies that give free taxpayer funded weapons to terrorists - it does make sense that Putin would want Trump to win.

Tulsi Gabbard Says U.S. Is Funding And Arming ISIS | The Daily Caller

Obama tells Russia's Medvedev more flexibility after election | Reuters

Old 03-06-2017, 04:34 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Not really.

Trump won the election n and it appears, according to leaked information, his campaign was spied upon.

The problem the establishment is having with the election of Trump is that, unlike the elections leading up to 2016 wherein the choice was between a Republican corporate ***** and Democrat corporate *****, in this election the working-class had a candidate of their own in the contest.

It really pisses them off that they couldn't force me to vote for the lesser of two evils and they are not about to accept my vote or the election process as the final word.
More accurately, President Trump is with the establishment and ran an anti-establishment campaign to get elected. He owns Trump Tower, golf resorts, etc. Then observe his cabinet choices. Lol.

Show us the evidence please. Anyone can make an accusation or allegation about anyone else.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Timeline of how "alternative facts" are created and fed to the dittoheads:

6 p.m. Thursday, March 2:
Conspiratorial rant on conservative talk radio by Mark Levin: President Barack Obama had used the “instrumentalities of the federal government” to wiretap the Republican seeking to succeed him.

Early Friday, March 3:
Unsubstantiated allegation had been picked up by Breitbart News and repeated in one of their "news reports".

7 a.m. Saturday, March 4: Trump repeats this unsubstantiated rumor via Twitter in his usual bizarre and paranoid style: "How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

Sunday, March 5: The FBI asked the Justice Department on Saturday to refute President Donald Trump's assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump's phones last year

No surprise, Trump and Bannon won't stop until they have burned our system to the ground. Only the beginning - this sort of propaganda approach was the plan from day 1. Nothing new, we've seen it used by authoritarian governments all over the world.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:14 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Comey admitted some of Hillary's emails were classified, yet did nothing to charge her. Not sure how I could trust Comey's opinion.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:17 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Why the push back when Obama is said to wiretap Trump?? Bias!!!

No evidence Trump was in collusion with Russia.. no push back!! Bias!!!

Dems and Rinos and MSM doing their thing!!! THEY ARE BIAS!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 05:24 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
3) did the FBI or some other Hillary/Democrat friendly agency do the bugging without a warrant? (unlikely, but possible)

The swamp creatures seem to be a bit edgy and carefully parsing their words.

There appears to be a whole lotta something going on and we know now that collusion between Trump/Trump's people and Russia isn't one of them.

CHUCK TODD:

Well, that's an important revelation at this point. Let me ask you this. Does intelligence exist that can definitively answer the following question, whether there were improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials?

JAMES CLAPPER:

We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say, "our," that's N.S.A., F.B.I. and C.I.A., with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.

CHUCK TODD:

I understand that. But does it exist?

JAMES CLAPPER:

Not to my knowledge.

Meet The Press 03-05-17 - NBC News

That leaves what the anti-Trumpers were doing then and want to do now.

The spying on Trump's people was a fishing expedition that produced nothing.

Desperate anti-Trumpers would like to continue the fishing expedition by appointing a special investigator because finding something that at least looks like Russian dirt is the only way they have to cover their tracks.

FTR, I think the FISA court issued the second warrant, as reported, because leakers already have details of private conversations between Flynn and the Russian ambassador.

It's reasonable to assume others within the Trump circle were also spied upon.

Since no Russian smoking gun has been leaked, it's safe to assume that none exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That last sentence is not the product of a rational mind. The comforting thing to know, is that not one word that appears on this forum, with have even one small effect on any political outcome. The discussions might as well be in a parallel universe.

So you think it's possible that a Russian connection was proven before the election and rather than use it to win, Democrats decided to not use it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies